Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Judge-My-Build Thread!

Since i couldn't find a match and there wasn't some builds shown lately, here is one i quite enjoy lately and seems to be a solid one:
    https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....wxLDEsMl1dXV0=
    Basically I divide this into two groups, RM, SA, WM as group one, while the other group is put a little bit behind group 1. The main reason is, that the opponent focuses on team 1, while team 2 doesn't take that much damage. On the other hand team 1 can just take it slowly, while team 2 is coming to aid them.
    Maybe you've got some advice to improve this. It seems a solid build, but what is life without some changes?

Quote Originally Posted by JackJammer View Post
    Since i couldn't find a match and there wasn't some builds shown lately, here is one i quite enjoy lately and seems to be a solid one:
    https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....wxLDEsMl1dXV0=
    Basically I divide this into two groups, RM, SA, WM as group one, while the other group is put a little bit behind group 1. The main reason is, that the opponent focuses on team 1, while team 2 doesn't take that much damage. On the other hand team 1 can just take it slowly, while team 2 is coming to aid them.
    Maybe you've got some advice to improve this. It seems a solid build, but what is life without some changes?
    Your build has all the necessary ingredients to be a great one. The efficiency of a build depends greatly on the enemy-build, and especially on the relative turn-order of his-and-your units. Your "killers" are in slots #5 and #6, which is pretty much in-line with the current metagame. So, there's nothing much to be gained (or lost) there, meaning that you'll just have to play better than the average opponent/build to win

Maybe switching the WM for a Shieldbanger would be better. I believe that the statting of your WM is maybe too versatile (high STR, high AB, constant-damage ability) so that you'll not have a clear role for him in-mind: Should he break enemy X? Should he attack enemy Y? Should he do SI on enemy Z? In my experience, its better to have units with clear roles in your team; well, that might also help the opponent to "get in your mind", but it's much straighter and simpler to play. Remember: Simpler is better! That's why multi-thrasher builds rock

Now, some more, unit-specific, comments:
    • Raidmaster: I usually aim for longevity in my RM, e.g 22(ARM+STR)/4WP/1EX/3AB . You've statted him with low ARM+STR (18), and high EX & WP. That makes him look like a kamikaze! However, that fits with your "Team 1" role
    • Warhawk: I believe that "damager" units must have maximum mobility, i.e. 2EX for WH. Remove one point from his STR and give it to EX. Else, you might regret it when you find yourself "cornerned" in a Warrior-vs-Warrior standoff situation...
    • Bowmaster: Nothing less than 7ARM will do, for me. Unless you keep her waaaaay back and well off-range, I'd make it my 8STR BM's goal to snipe yours, for 2 damage at a time, or better, do a run-and-gun on her for 5 damage (+3WP) with an SS or a BM...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Your build has all the necessary ingredients to be a great one. The efficiency of a build depends greatly on the enemy-build, and especially on the relative turn-order of his-and-your units. Your "killers" are in slots #5 and #6, which is pretty much in-line with the current metagame. So, there's nothing much to be gained (or lost) there, meaning that you'll just have to play better than the average opponent/build to win

Maybe switching the WM for a Shieldbanger would be better. I believe that the statting of your WM is maybe too versatile (high STR, high AB, constant-damage ability) so that you'll not have a clear role for him in-mind: Should he break enemy X? Should he attack enemy Y? Should he do SI on enemy Z? In my experience, its better to have units with clear roles in your team; well, that might also help the opponent to "get in your mind", but it's much straighter and simpler to play. Remember: Simpler is better! That's why multi-thrasher builds rock

Now, some more, unit-specific, comments:
    • Raidmaster: I usually aim for longevity in my RM, e.g 22(ARM+STR)/4WP/1EX/3AB . You've statted him with low ARM+STR (18), and high EX & WP. That makes him look like a kamikaze! However, that fits with your "Team 1" role
    • Warhawk: I believe that "damager" units must have maximum mobility, i.e. 2EX for WH. Remove one point from his STR and give it to EX. Else, you might regret it when you find yourself "cornerned" in a Warrior-vs-Warrior standoff situation...
    • Bowmaster: Nothing less than 7ARM will do, for me. Unless you keep her waaaaay back and well off-range, I'd make it my 8STR BM's goal to snipe yours, for 2 damage at a time, or better, do a run-and-gun on her for 5 damage (+3WP) with an SS or a BM...
    Thanks alot. I tried most of your suggestions today.
    First of all I tried the Shieldbanger. I was a little bit unsure if this would benefit this build and as it turns out, it didn't...or at least not by my playstyle (smart as I am, i tried it at tournament matches instead of quickgames. yeah, pure genius ) The problem was, as i feared, that with a defensive varl the opponent would focus too much on my Warhawk. On the other side even if the Warhawk took serious damage, there was nothing to replace him. I think therefore I'll stick with the Warhawk/Warmaster-Duo. Maybe because I'm a little bit too aggressive, I don't know...it just worked better out for me that way.
    Your tipps for the Warhawk were true gold I think. I reduced armor brake a little and pushed armor/strengh. The result was, that the combination of these two varls can press the opponent and creates some pressure. This worked out before, but now even a little bit better
    The unit-specific comments we're gladly taken, too. While the Raidmaster indeed was used as a kamikaze sometimes, i modified the stats as you suggested and it works out just fine. Less funny kamikaze, more tactical advantage
    The other 2 comments worked out as well, turns out that 1 point on EX less is a small price to pay for more agility and armor
    Thanks a lot

I tried most of your suggestions today.
    I'm glad they helped! I saw you high on the tourney leaderboards, so it must have gone well

What shieldbanger did you try? In my opinion, the SM is the hardest to play really-well, and the SRM the easiest; PK is a little weird, but he can sponge a LOT of damage and is the prime antidote to the annoying "aggressively stonewalling" RMs

Your Warmaster is very well statted, don't get me wrong, but forget not that his main strength is that he is a "forgiving" unit: Even if his is maimed, his active ability can still do a constant 3 damage (2STR+1Break), which is great as long as he's got WP. Having that 3AB is cool, but if he's left alone (and maimed), he'll need multiple turns to break in order to start inflicting damage. That's why most WM-users prefer longevity on Sundering-Impact, i.e. give those 2 stat points to WP instead. I've never had decent practice with WMs, but my rank-2 statting is: 11ARM/15STR/3WP/2EX/1AB. Oh, and please refuse the temptation to have a "glass canon" 17STR/low-ARM warmaster... It's the surest way to defeat against skilled players who can identify threats!

On the talk of Exertion, I've often ran across new players that have 0EX Shieldbangers (or Warhawks)... Especially in the case of SBs, that extremely crippling, because walking a pair of archers in max-range (5 tiles) they can break him multiple times and he won't be able to get to them (3 tiles movement) to retaliate!

@Jackjammer: As Aleonymous said in his last post, I think 1 break should be enough on your WM, you already have a lot of break capacity overall with your other units, plus sundering impact can help break armor on tight formations.

I would stat him something like 10/15/4/2/1, so he's more mobile and can face other two-exertion warriors, or 11/15/3/2/1 if you prefer him more durable (but with only 3 willpower you will probably need to use the horn to keep him effective later in the game).

Nice thread! So, I've been trying various builds and ended up being totally owned by the power 6 build I will present you. Actually the first time I surrendered!
    So I've adopted it and it indeed proves quite deadly while not being too difficult to play: 2 x Raidmaster - 2 x Bowmaster - Warhawk - Shieldmaster.

The strategy is quite forward:
    1) Use the Raidmasters to close on the opponent's lines, giving opportunity to strike opposing Archers while protected with Stonewall.
    2) Bowmasters come behind and can land early hits to Strength reliant units with Bird of Prey.
    3) Varls on the side to avoid flanking. The Warhawk act as a repellant while the Shieldmaster goes forward to break for Puncture.
    4) Position the Raidmasters intelligently to block enemy units and gain turns.

This works especially well against offensive players. Defensive ones need more careful approach and Willpower management for the Raidmasters.

About the turn order:
    - The Raidmasters move first to create early openings. One after the other to benefit from the Shield Wall passive ability. They have 12 Armor to resist Warriors' 15 mean Strength. But seeing as they get + 2 Armor when siding these points could go to Strength rather for late-game sweeping. I mostly intend them as breakers but hybrid could work too and Strength increases survivability after all.
    - The Bowmasters move second so that that they get into position for Puncture. I may switch them with the Varls though. I'm thinking about trading a Bowmaster for a Skystriker for added strategical options.
    - The Warhawk then. Has 2 Exertion and 3 Willpower for a 6 tiles movement and Tempest if needed. Also increases the repellant effect so more zone control.
    - The Shieldmaster last. Also has 2 Exertion as I'd rather use a 4 base Break than stand idle due to a 3 tiles movement base.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Nice thread! So, I've been trying various builds and ended up being totally owned by the power 6 build I will present you. Actually the first time I surrendered!
    So I've adopted it and it indeed proves quite deadly while not being too difficult to play: 2 x Raidmaster - 2 x Bowmaster - Warhawk - Shieldmaster.
    Hello there, Abel, and welcome to our little community Thanks for sharing your favorite build.

Actually, anything with 2xBM and 2xRM is quite strong! Here's my thoughts on this build:
    • I would change the order of the two Varl, having the WH act after the SM. That can be used in case you wanna break with SM for WH to come-in for a kill.
    • Moreover, as you might have noticed, the current "metagame" (i.e. what most strong players tend to use) favors two Varl-Warriors in slots #5 and #6. Since you're using your WH mainly as a scary "looming threat", you'd generally like to have him acting after those high-STR/low-ARM Warrior, making them think twice about coming close to you during mid-game. For this reason, maybe you could try rotating your build one slot to the right, i.e. make it so: [WH RM RM BM BM SM]. Then, if in the late-game you can "arrange" for: (1) your WH to come in-range of enemy warriors, seeming a wrong move, and (2) one of your RMs to die, then your WH will suddenly act before enemy Warriors... Even if opponent does kill-off your RM, you can probably use him to block/protect your WH once again.
    • I like 3EX on my BMs, but I guess this drains their WP faster, which is not generally a good thing. So, 2EX in exchange for 8ARM (or 7WP) is probably fine.
    • The only problem I can see with your RMs is the 1EX. You might find that restricting in some scenarios where, for example, you'd like to rush up and break a deep-lying archer for a BoP-snipe to follow. Well, you can always use different stats on your two RM; that can help by confusing your opp about which-is-which The "bane" of this aggressive RM playstyle is PK and SRM units; be careful of those!
    • Remember that the WH can go down to 2WP minimum. That extra point given to ARM or AB can be useful. Obviously, this means that you can't move 6=4+2 tiles and Tempest, but then consider this: If you successfully use your WH as a scare-factor (i.e. if you save him for late-game), there's bound to be a coupe of stars in your Horn if a Tempest is due...
    • Be wary of your SM's low STR. There's a lot of ARM-bypassing damaging abilities (e.g.: SnB, SI, BF, BoP) that can easily kill him without need to lower his armor first... I'd advice a minimum of 10STR. That counts for the PK too, in case you consider bringing one.

In overall, its a pretty strong, and easy-to-play, build. The only thing it lacks is a bit of the "spice" given by units with "spice-al" abilities, like SS, PK, SRM. If you swap your SM for a SRM and your BM for a SS, you'd have one of the most versatile builds the game has to offer!
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 08-08-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typos

@Aleonymous That's a nice welcoming! Great advice. I didn't think that far.
    WH in #1 slot is indeed a good idea. I'll try and experiment. I see knowing the metagame comes quite useful. Though I'm not sure the playerbase is large enough that it'd strongly matter. Yet there should be some sort of statistics about units used and their attributes. I used to do some competitive battling on Pokemon online and it provides you with that kind of information (though never as detailed as you'd want).

So, thanks to your input, now the build looks like this.
    I also pumped the Strength of Raidmasters to 10 and it made quite a difference in my last battle!
    My WH had to cower in the lower corner in fear of an annoying Bowmaster and Raidmaster closing on him but he finished the battle untouched and landed two kills.
    Now I'd like to test these 'pro' units you call by the barbaric names of PK, SRM and BB !

Yet there should be some sort of statistics about units used and their attributes. I used to do some competitive battling on Pokemon online and it provides you with that kind of information (though never as detailed as you'd want).

So, thanks to your input, now the build looks like this. I also pumped the Strength of Raidmasters to 10 and it made quite a difference in my last battle! My WH had to cower in the lower corner in fear of an annoying Bowmaster and Raidmaster closing on him but he finished the battle untouched and landed two kills.

Now I'd like to test these 'pro' units you call by the barbaric names of PK, SRM and BB !
    Yes, more diverse statistics is what we have always asked for, in this game. Unfortunately, its just another entry in a too long "to do" list for the devs However, you can find a recent thread about the statistics that we have been able to keep track of, me and some more members of the community.

I hope my advice turns out for the best. It's good to listen to some tips, but most tiles you do have to find out for yourself. Presently, the trickiest part of your build is the SM. You gotta make sure he lives long enough to do at least 2 break-attacks. For the record, whenever I see a "dangerous" shieldbanger, I immediately focus all my archers on breaking his ARM in one round; so, with two 5AB attacks, he's down to 4ARM/10STR, i.e. killable by a 14STR attack, that can be delivered by many units (most Warriors, high-STR Strongarm, 12STR/2EX RM or TH). Even an in-range 8STR archer, will Puncture him with an effective Strength of 13=8+(10/2)...

Some more tips for those "pro" units:
    Provoker: Don't "feed" your PK to break-archer fire. His ability is highly dependent on his high ARM; it's generally bad to Malice someone who's gonna kill you... 3AB is must for me.
    Strongarm: I like using the SRM as a shorter-stride Warrior, with 2EX and 15STR. Also, I usually sacrifice his ARM to 2AB, useful if he's "maimed" early in the match. Finally, placing him before your WH will make people scared (or victims!) of the good old "Push-your-Warhawk" combo.
    Backbiter: Max out his STR and AB, to 10 and 3. Don't be reckless with your BB; do a Run-Through only when you can kill or seriously maim a key enemy unit. Else, finding yourself alone in the back-lines of the enemy, means that he can kill you at his leisure and go on with the match like nothing happened.

So, I'm starting using these units we spoke of to get to know them. I didn't try the Provoker yet but used the Warleader. I found out it's quite great in the backlines to get your Archers to break and puncture a target in succession. I actually think he could also be used as the Warhawk that none dares to approach if you give him Strength (maximum of 15) instead of Break. Yet, maybe more productive since it can use Forge Ahead while occupying a zone.

The Backbiter I've found quite hard to play correctly. It usually acted as a Breaker and couldn't find much opportunity to use its Run Through ability or when possible often lead to premature death for approaching the opposing troops too much (like Aleonymous pointed out). Overall, I've found he doesn't give as much board control as the Raidmaster, nor generate as offensive threat as the Thrasher. Sure, he can get to Archers, but backline Warriors will retaliate and finish him. He may get an additional break before, but that's it.

Also, 1 Raidmaster vs. 2 Raidmasters really makes a huge difference in your ability to disrupt the opposing units movement. And, of course, you can't side a forward going Raidmaster with a Backbiter so you lose the benefit of a double Shield Wall.

I also switched the Bowmasters for a Skystriker and a Siege Archer. They provide interesting tactical options yet their positioning and ability use must be near to flawless or you're immediately punished. And, obviously they need more protection since they're overally closer to enemy lines.

I've had difficulties too getting the most out of the Strongarm Battering Ram. Whenever I could use it, it was out of luck rather than a strategy on my part. So he acted mostly as a shield for the Archers.

Now, my last match was very interesting. I used the aforementioned units and battled against a full maximum Strength Trasher/Warhawk and Bowmaster team. Each was full on Exertion and Willpower with very little Armor. I had trouble because I could usually outright kill a unit with lots of Willpower or maim it to keep a turn balance but get 'trashed'. I managed to prevail thanks to the Rain of Arrows and Slag and Burn abilities. It also was the map with coals in the center so my adversary got plenty of burns to get a hit.
    Yet I see there's potential for that kind of team so I'd like to have your opinion on it. And when I say low Armor, I actually mean 6.

1. I didn't try the Provoker yet but used the Warleader.
    2. The Backbiter I've found quite hard to play correctly.
    3. Also, 1 Raidmaster vs. 2 Raidmasters really makes a huge difference in your ability to disrupt the opposing units movement.
    4. I also switched the Bowmasters for a Skystriker and a Siege Archer.
    5. I've had difficulties too getting the most out of the Strongarm Battering Ram.
    6. I used the aforementioned units and battled against a full maximum Strength Trasher/Warhawk and Bowmaster team. Each was full on Exertion and Willpower with very little Armor [...] Yet I see there's potential for that kind of team so I'd like to have your opinion on it. And when I say low Armor, I actually mean 6.
    1. It seems that you discovered the good-old "Break > Forge-Ahead > Puncture" combo If you do the math, you'll figure out that any unit with STR+ARM less than (or equal to) 18 can be killed by that combo, if the archer is a 8STR/3EX/2AB/6WP BowMaster. This combo gets even better with the increased range of rank-2 and rank-3 FA. At rank-1, you typically have to either expose your WL, or keep him well away from the battle...

2. BB is a very tricky and "situational" unit. If you played the single-player game, you'll get a pretty good idea about how to use the BB: Keep him "below-radar" and bring him into the fight only when a key target is exposed and vulnerable. Make use of his high mobility and RT's WP-effectiveness: for 1WP you can do +2ARM and +2STR damage, so use that 1WP for a RT (instead of a 4AB=1WP+3AB) only when you can normally deal 2STR (or more) damage.

3. Yes, as things are, 2RM is stronger than RM+BB. The BB offers more versatility thought.

4. I believe that Rain-of-Arrows (RoA) is one of the most interesting abilities in the game, especially when you know the mentality of your opponent. Against random opponents you're kinda forced to play it safe, not making silly bluffs and taking risks. Some pretty interesting combos can be done with rank-2 and -3 RoA, along with Provoker and Strongarm units Slag-and-burn is not so nice at rank-1, but it can really annoy clustered enemy units.

5. Practice makes perfect! For one, try knocking an enemy Varl into the fire-pit (in the Great Hall map); he'll take 4STR damage total, potentially dying at the start of his next turn, which is a massive advantage (almost a cheat/bug) for you!

6. Six ARM is ridiculous; I wouldn't advise it, ever. The only reason to use it would be to taunt the enemy into coming in-range in order to kill you (e.g. if its a WP-loaded unit), thus over-exposing himself. Against such a unit, I'd take my time with Bird-of-Prey dealing 2 damage per turn, or bring in a 10STR BB for a 6STR damage...

Long time, no judging...
    here my current formation. it's doing quite well a lot of times, but as always I'm oppen to any suggestion
    https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....IsMSwxLDJdXV1d

edit: oh about the point warmaster/hawk+trasher+archer...don't know why, but i played against these formations quite a lot the last days..it sure is a very powerful comibnation, but (ok maybe my opponents didn't know how to play this well) with a little bit patience and caution it's quite handable in my oppinion...especially when the varls only have 6 armor. just like aleo said, it's just offering for a bowmaster
    Last edited by JackJammer; 09-30-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Long time, no judging...
    here my current formation. it's doing quite well a lot of times, but as always I'm oppen to any suggestion
    https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....IsMSwxLDJdXV1d
    A fairly strong build, however it is obligatory to keep your BM (and WH) safe until your first four units (RM,SM,2BB) have dealt enough ARM damage. Two BBs is useful against multi-archer builds, provided that they keep their STR "unclipped". Stat-wise, I wouldn't change anything in your build.

If I was playing against this, I'd try to: (1) bring out your WH early with a "bait", (2) flank your team with a long-reach unit to scare the BM away and force your breakers to come out, (3) limit your breakers activity or arrange so that they are all "evenly" maimed/killed during the first two rounds.

Dunno... The more I look at this build, the more scared of it I grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    If I was playing against this, I'd try to: (1) bring out your WH early with a "bait", (2) flank your team with a long-reach unit to scare the BM away and force your breakers to come out, (3) limit your breakers activity or arrange so that they are all "evenly" maimed/killed during the first two rounds.
    Have to say I think I wouldn't have played good with this built some weeks ago. took me some hard lessons to learn to be patient therefore a bait must be very worth looking. but of course, this happens to work ...2 is a valid point and i already encountered this problem. it's a little bit like baiting, think patience is the key

don't really know, mostly wins were close ones so far and it's very rare for me to play with just one archer, feels a bit unnatural

edit: ah i remember: the point that BBs are very useful against multi archers is (of course) true, but can be used against this built i think. baiting these two and eliminating them early can be a huge loss....but good to see, that the stats seem to be all right...time to pratcice this build some more
    Last edited by JackJammer; 09-30-2014 at 11:57 AM.

took me some hard lessons to learn to be patient therefore a bait must be very worth looking.
    The most effective way to lure a Warrior out, is coming up to him with a SA or BM and doing 5AB. A Warrior can typically one-shoot that archer, who's also got ~3WP left, so that's quite tempting. But, coming up to kill the archer, means that your Warrior will die with 2-3 hits, maybe without spending any more WP (did you notice that big Warrior or SRM behind the archer? ). Moreover, if the enemy is cruel and your Warrior was a 1AB WH, then he might leave him alive and maimed... Using your maimed WH as a 2x2 blocker is not so bad if you got a 2- or 3-archer build, but, in most other situations, he's just dead weight. Finally, leaving your foolhardy warrior to die alone is not hardly valorous (), so you typically need to play aggressively after such an opening.

On the contrary, you'll be more lucky if that archer decided to bait your SM in that same way: If that happens, march up and light-up your BtP on her. If she was a 15HP archer, e.g. 7/8 BM or 8/7 SA, and you did a r2-BtP on her for 5AB, then your BM can kill her with a BoP (unless she's given +1ARM, or more, by a ShieldWall). Now, for the enemy to kill your SM, he'll surely have to do at least one melee attack on him (returning 3AB) unless the enemy has 3 archers. But, even in that situation, his archers will have to deal with that SM and spend 2*3=6WP on him, while your raiders close in on them...

As Tirean said: It's always better to take the initiative and guide the match. But, you should always have a good plan for this tactic to pay off

To summarize: Don't place your WH high in the deployment zone (where he might be baited in this manner), unless you're prepared to charge the enemy. Your SM is supposed to die early, so don't be afraid to throw him into the battle early.

Hello JackJammer!

While I agree with mostly everything Aleo stated before me, I'm not scared of this build at all. My thought process at first glance was something like this: Only one unit with strenght above 10. Expose WH; Charge and maim! With current meta game, this is a big deal. Against anything similar to stoicmom's two-SA-two-TH-two-WM-build yours will be no match at all. Why that? Because any direct damage done to a 10 strenght character takes him out of service as a serious damage dealer. And there are so many abilities out there ignoring your high armour: coals, BoP, sundering impact, the trap, bloody flail...You got a lot of break, but nobody who is likely to take advantage of it (at least: in time! ).
    Maybe I'm underestimating your Backbiters, but this build is hard to play against any decent opponent using a maim tactic for sure!

I'd stat this RM 9/12 as a backup warrior/bait at position #1. - But as always it depends on your playstyle.

Some good battles to you!
    grumpy

Yup. Keeping your WH & BM at max-STR until the late game is the key to your success. But, as grumpy said, it will be difficult against builds that can & will attack with every unit. Leaving your breakers alone (to protect your WH & BM in the back) at a 4-vs-6 scenario means that they'll die without delivering their expected "payload". Rushing your WH out early (to support breakers), means that he'll be crippled too early...

I think you biggest problem will be against 2xShieldbanger builds, though, because of having only one ranged breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    I'd stat this RM 9/12 as a backup warrior/bait at position #1. - But as always it depends on your playstyle.
    I am also fond of 12STR RM, but only at rank-3. Else, his stats don't permit 3AB and 2EX at the same time (if he's gonna be a "mini Warrior", he should have a max-reach of 6=4+2 tiles). Another unit that sometimes pays off is the SM statted as a "super Raider", e.g. 13ARM/13STR/3WP/1EX/4AB (@rank2), as most people prefer to break an SM early on and kill him later. But, he can't be left strolling about at 13STR, so they're bound to attempt STR-attacks on him, taking RtF in the process. The only problem I had with that SM is the 1EX... Also, be aware that, in one-on-one situations, such low-ARM Shieldbangers lose to high-STR Warriors, if they are hit first.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Hello JackJammer!

While I agree with mostly everything Aleo stated before me, I'm not scared of this build at all. My thought process at first glance was something like this: Only one unit with strenght above 10. Expose WH; Charge and maim! With current meta game, this is a big deal. Against anything similar to stoicmom's two-SA-two-TH-two-WM-build yours will be no match at all. Why that? Because any direct damage done to a 10 strenght character takes him out of service as a serious damage dealer. And there are so many abilities out there ignoring your high armour: coals, BoP, sundering impact, the trap, bloody flail...You got a lot of break, but nobody who is likely to take advantage of it (at least: in time! ).
    Maybe I'm underestimating your Backbiters, but this build is hard to play against any decent opponent using a maim tactic for sure!
    Hm quite a point. Think I would like to experiment a little bit more with this build against such opponents...I encountered formation like these with this build, but the opponents were mostly focused on taking shieldmaster down (lucky me)...fighting against this tactic would be tricky indeed i think.
    Thanks for the clue, think it's worth testing this build against it and see how I should play against this ...i think I'll keep the idea of changing RM depending on the outcomes of testing...but sure sounds like a good hint!

edit: @aleo:
    yes, i thought of having trouble against 2 shieldmasters, too when I encountered them with another build. especially since WP of BM is essencial for success with my build, so spending it to break armor always comes with a little tear for each point
    Last edited by JackJammer; 10-01-2014 at 02:26 AM.

This is what I have been rolling with: https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....wyLDEsMl1dXV0=

Really offensive. Works fairly well except for when it fails miserably. Thrashers run in and bust up as much armor as possible while the rest creep forward until there is an opportunity. Usually one Warhawk will charge in a turn or two before the other but it just depends.

I haven't been around to see too much of what other people are using, so as I play more the next few months it will probably change a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    This is what I have been rolling with: https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....wyLDEsMl1dXV0=

Really offensive. Works fairly well except for when it fails miserably. Thrashers run in and bust up as much armor as possible while the rest creep forward until there is an opportunity. Usually one Warhawk will charge in a turn or two before the other but it just depends.
    Yikes! A truly aggressive build I would be a bit worried with the low hit-points of the Thrashers, but I get the underlying tactic: Force enemy to kill the TS (giving your 2WH & 2BM turn-advantage) or risk having those blondies Bloody-Flailiing for turns unending Nasty! Also, I would prefer placing the 2WH *after* the 2BM, to better accomodate the Break>Kill "combo".

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast