Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Judge-My-Build Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Orath89 View Post
    https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....wxLDEsMl1dXV0=

I randomized this build the other day, I don't know how is supposed to work (since it lacks breakers)... But somehow it does. You should definitely try it!
    You sure you randomized it Orath? Apart from the slight lack of break (well, you could give your 2xTH a 2AB), it seems a pretty formidable build. Especially the SRM+{WH-OR-RM} initiative order, seems ready for a battering-ram advance

I swear Aleo, I randomized it. However I witnessed only a good WH punt so far, much more with RM in order to join the enemy archers (He's like "Hey, baby. How you're doing?").
    Last edited by Orath89; 05-30-2013 at 04:31 AM.

I swear Aleo, I randomized it.
    Hehehe, I believe you! It's just that Kuba made a post about the number of different combinations potentially available in TBSF, and it was a truly large number; and I think he didn't even account for permutations of the units (i.e. initiative order)... Well, that just tells us that each one of those unit/initiative combinations is probably as strong as the next one, when smartly played .

However I witnessed only a good WH punt so far, much more with RM in order to join the enemy archers (He's like "Hey, baby. How you're doing?").
    Yeah, RM-punts are much more likely to happen, although things between him and the archer(s) get a little "rougher" after the brief introductions you portrayed!
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 05-30-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchblade View Post
    I'd appreciate any help/analysis anyone can offer on my build:
    Well - For the way you play PKs I'd switch them out to ShieldMasters. PKs usually have high hp and then use their ability. If you're using PKs to break instead of their ability, you're better off using SM, which can break or use their ability to break if they sense incoming attacks.

You want bowmaster's break at 2. if you like her in the thick of things, better to switch to Siege Archer. but considering its a 1-archer formation, you're able to defend BM easier.

Well here is my current built which brough me to the top of turnament (1for the moment but it can change in everyminute ).
    https://tinyurl.com/kfenls7

The main idea about this built is to break armor with the two bowmasters(standing next to backbiter for additional +1armor) in the front (or break with first and kill with second using BoP, if theres a possibility of killing enemy archer early) Then there is warleader who does an incredible thing and let me choose what unit i want:
    Here is the list of how i choose which units to FA
    -First archer if damaged but out of range so he can do some additional armor break.
    -Backbiter if in range is a warrior with broken armor (using RT to gain some more dmg and armor break)after this when forged there is the third bowmaster turn so i just finish him off with BoP
    -Warhawk if i can seriously damage and/or kill atleast 2 units of my enemy.

Once Butters or Yth told me that there is a rule that says you shouldnt have more then 1 unit who couldnt fight alone. I changed it a bit and all my units are good at the endings, Apart from warriors all my units have decent break and dmg. Warleader has 4wp and 1break but i couldnt change it in the edditor

The backbiter role is to be a late armor breaker if he is left with 2str then he chasses bowmasters. People tend to ignore low hp backbiters which is a terrible mistake since he can do 3armor break.

Why Warhawk and not Warmasters? Tempest ofcourse. Can do shitload of dmg +Heavy impact is just pure awsomeness while using tempest.

Rate please.
    Last edited by SeraphimLoki; 06-02-2013 at 05:20 AM.

The initial combo is pure awesomeness - I saw what ojustme can do with 1 archer-breaker + WL (and managed to put it to good use myself) but the pain of this is that enemy can be fast enough to kill the archer before she gets her second move (making the Forge Ahead a waste). With 3 units to choose from Your FA will always have good effect.

I am picking WM over WH because a Tempest at below 12 str is laughable compared to low hp Sundering Impact, but I guess with such a great opening combo You can keep him from being maimed.
    And apart from the WH everyone can be useful, even after being maimed (that's a great rule BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimLoki View Post
    The other backbiter role is to be a late armor breaker...
    The other backbiter? You only have one O_o

My bad^^

Even a WH can do decent damage if he's given tempests on adjacent units and has WP.

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimLoki View Post
    Well here is my current buil...https://tinyurl.com/kfenls7
    Enjoy your 3xBM build while you can!

As it seems, the next "chop" is gonna take something off of the bow-mistresses...

I'm a proponent of the 2-archers limit; actually, a hard-fixed 2/2/2 (raider/archer/varl) is the best way for me, particularly for tourney & ranked matches. We all know that the use of specialized builds demands for specialized counter-builds, and the present "black-box" matchmaker does not allow you to modify your build once you know what you're matched-up against. So, its no wonder that Archer+WL builds are the most "versatile" nowadays, as they can (1) fight from a safe distance and/or (2) swap turn-order [i.e., in a sense, cheat the core "initiative" mechanism].
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 06-21-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typos

This is a build that I've been enjoying for a while.
    It is aggressive yet it kinda scale well if the agressive play doesn't work. SA used as a suicidal Breaker/SnB. SA and WL for a potential combo, double break or or double slag early on. Also WL protects SA after the initial break/slag. 2 BBs are just versatile, Mainly used as breakers but can runthrough enemies that are already broken by SA for good damage and they are sturdy enough survive after good runthrough and become breakers. BM is also used like a BBs damager/breaker/endgame sweeper, WM is an offensive threat I sometimes run to run WH but i find him risky becomes useless when maimed but a good tempest is very satisfying. You can also do WM/WH-WL(FA)-WM/WH this is after you FA'd The Siege Archer.
    Last edited by Tatski; 06-20-2013 at 08:04 PM.

No one has posted in awhile, but I just started playing and I was wondering what people thought on my build. AS you can see, I don't really have any plan, which is why I have one of everything. However, I feel like this allows for some flexibility that some other builds lack.

https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....EsMSwyXV1dXQ==

Quote Originally Posted by d010060002 View Post
    No one has posted in awhile, but I just started playing and I was wondering what people thought on my build. AS you can see, I don't really have any plan, which is why I have one of everything. However, I feel like this allows for some flexibility that some other builds lack.

https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....EsMSwyXV1dXQ==
    Hello! I used to play that same build, but arrayed differently. I think it's quite good and has all the important elements. I will just comment on you unit stats:
    Shieldmaster (SM) -- I'd max-out his Armor-Break (AB) to 4, reduce willpower (WP) to the min=3 and give the rest of the points to Armor (ARM) or Strength (STR). Be careful not to take him out too early, because he'll be prime-target for ranged-AB (from Bowmasters or Siege-Archers).
    Raidmaster (RM) -- I like to have higher STR because sometimes they survive to the end due to StoneWall and can win you matches. So, I would reduce WP to 4 and give the extra-point to STR.
    Skystriker (SS) -- Max STR=8 and reduce WP=7. She'll never be short of WP, and you can use the extra STR.
    Warmaster (WM) -- The 17STR may sound nice, by if his ARM gets broken early-on, he's pretty much dead-weight. I also like mobility on him, so 2EX. At Rank-1, I have him at 10/15/3/2/1. If you keep him well protected until the end of the match, he can own any unit (save full Shieldbangers).
    Bowmaster (BM) -- Same as the SS. Max STR=8 and perhaps 3EX (reducing WP) for that critical shot that can kill a unit to make all the difference in a match outcome. Keep her well protected, especially from Raiders and kamikaze-Archers.
    Thrasher (TH) -- Hmmm, your stats seem like he might die early, which is a shame! I usually have him 11/12/3/2/1 and throw him in only late in the fight. TH is also "umaimable": As long as you got 1WP, you can Bloody-Flail causing 3-6 damage! Don't forget to stand next to allies when doing BFs for that bonus in the last-flail.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Agreed Archers should always have max str IMO... SMs also should also have Max break.. As for RMs depends on his role I usually run a balanced RM 10 str 10 arm just in case i need to deal str damage after a shield wall but not comfortable with an 8str RM.. for Warriors I prefer 2 exertion, he needs the extra movement range for first strike which is pretty important for a warrior also it is very annoying when a warrior 2 exertion warrior is stalking your 1 exertion warrior. 2 exertion just make him more of a threat.

My faithful double RM, double warrior build.
    At level 6 : https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....EsMSwyXV1dXQ==

And at level 12 : https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....EsMSwyXV1dXQ==

Quote Originally Posted by gripho View Post
    My faithful double RM, double warrior build.
    At level 6 : https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....EsMSwyXV1dXQ==

And at level 12 : https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....EsMSwyXV1dXQ==
    • Hmmm, I might give a try to those 10/9/5/2/3 RMs. If you use them in a SW-and-advance pattern, the extra WP will come in handy.
    • I never field archers below 7ARM, because of the common 8STR-max of enemy archers. What I hate most is that kamikaze-attack for 4STR-damage for enemy archers!
    • Concerning WHs, I run them at 2WP-min, and give the extra points to ARM. It's very common for a "clipped" 11ARM/10STR warrior to win me a match! Hopefully, by the time the WH comes in, one enemy has fallen giving me that 1WP needed to Tempest.
    • How do you use the rank-1 Thrasher? I typically save him for the end of the fight, so he is at 10ARM/12STR or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    • Hmmm, I might give a try to those 10/9/5/2/3 RMs. If you use them in a SW-and-advance pattern, the extra WP will come in handy.
    Yeah, I usually SW my to RM on the first turn, unless I have a really juicy target I can reach without too much retribution (or being able to punish the retributors with my warriors)

• I never field archers below 7ARM, because of the common 8STR-max of enemy archers. What I hate most is that kamikaze-attack for 4STR-damage for enemy archers!
    Well, kamikaze 4STR or kamikaze 3STR attack, not much difference from my point of view
    If my BM get kamikazed, she'll still have enough WP to 5-break on or two enemies to set-up big hits for one of the warriors
    As I have only one archer, I'm usually able to protect her quite well, and the 7th WP point can be used late game... but you're right, I'm always hesitating between this and 7/8/6/3/2

• Concerning WHs, I run them at 2WP-min, and give the extra points to ARM. It's very common for a "clipped" 11ARM/10STR warrior to win me a match! Hopefully, by the time the WH comes in, one enemy has fallen giving me that 1WP needed to Tempest.
    I could maybe stat 10arm / 3WP instead... I'd still like to keep the opportunity to do a 6-move + tempest early game if needed. I stated at 4WP so I could do a 6-move + 2str boost attack sometimes, but it's far from always worth the cost

• How do you use the rank-1 Thrasher? I typically save him for the end of the fight, so he is at 10ARM/12STR or something.
    On the contrary, I will advance him quite early in the fight, either to flail, or do a strength attack on a already broken target. With 10str the opponent will probably not want to leave him at full health for the 2nd/3rd turn, and with 11arm he will probably have to break him at least once for that beforehand

After playing a few (read, a couple dozen) more matches, I've changed things up a bit, and mostly brought my build more in line with your reccomendations. However, there are a few things I wanted to question/ clarify:

For the warmaster, I brought him up to 10 armor, but I usually usse the ss to cover him with roa. I think that offers good protection in the warrior v warrior stalk. thoughts?

I originally had the bowmaster on 1 ab and 3 ex, but I ran out of will really quickly doing break shots on shielded varl, since I prefer to not trigger return the favor. I took away the ex to put into break and I feel it's really worked out. But then again, I could be using her wrong?

Lastly, the thrasher. Yeah, he dies an awful lot, really early. I don't really have a set plan for him. He usually sits at the edge of the shield wall with his three exertion and looks for an archer to stick her head out. I really prefer to use 2 exertion to move him and then a 2 exertion shot at the archer to cripple her really early in the match. That way I leave 1 willpower to do a bloody flail when he is inevitably crippled the next round. I feel it's usually worth it, since my opponent can't afford to keep the thrasher maimed due to bloody flail which gives me turn advantage , and I maim his archer and then bloody flail someone else (usually) before the thrasher dies.

For the warmaster, I brought him up to 10 armor, but I usually use the ss to cover him with roa. I think that offers good protection in the warrior v warrior stalk. thoughts?

I originally had the bowmaster on 1 ab and 3 ex, but I ran out of will really quickly doing break shots on shielded varl, since I prefer to not trigger return the favor. I took away the ex to put into break and I feel it's really worked out.

Lastly, the thrasher...
    Everything sounds about right!

The Warrior-vs-Warrior standoffs could always profit for some help, lie RoA covering. However, you gotta make sure that the trap is carefully set so that you can advance while the opponent's Varl is scared-off. Another option is RoA-bluffing, i.e. eventually covering another unit (e.g. leaving a path apparently open to bait a BB or TS to come cripple an archer; you RoA-stop them while the opp is thinking that you were covering the Warrior). Nevertheless, experienced players can easily sniff-out where you're gonna be placing the traps (especially after 1-2 rounds), and find a work-around. That means that you'll just be draining WP on that SS... Something similar happens to Raidmasters. You gotta understand that those "passive" WP-relying abilities (SW and RoA) are best used in aggressive playstyles, where you force the opponent to either engage you or suffer a first-hit.

All archers must always have max AB. Why did you change that to 1AB for the Bowmaster? (it was 2AB on the link you posted). So, yeah, 2AB on BM & SA, and prioritizing Shieldbangers for ranged-breaks is the way to go. 2EX can help you economize on WP. Make sure you always have 1WP around for that critical BoP. I have my rank-1 BM at 7/8/6/3/2 and I generally keep her well in the back due to her low ARM.

The TH serves me mostly for the three following roles, but not all together: (1) As a mini-Warrior 11ARM/12STR that if left untouched he can own the endgame against most non-SB units, (2) as a 12STR/3EX looming-menace for enemy low-ARM/high-STR units, especially Warriors & Archers, (3) as a maim-proof bait to force the enemy to come closer to your units. The uses you describe are something like (2) & (3), right?
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 03-21-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks for the tips.

The suggestions for the warrior are much appreciated, though I guess I'm not really sure how to do this aggressive play style with the roa and shieldwall: It would seem to me that you lose all those nice shield bonuses the raiders give and give his archer's easy first hits.

For the bowmaster, I switched it up a little, but still keep 2 ex. Now she has max strength, 8 armor, 6 will, two ex and 2 ab. The problem I was talking about earlier was that with three ex I burned through will so fast. I was left willless by the middle of the match.

For the thrasher, yeah I use him for 2 and three, though mostly 2. I feel like it's a waste when people take the bait and I lose that lovely 12 strength. So much better than bf.

It would seem to me that you lose all those nice shield bonuses the raiders give and give his archer's easy first hits.

I feel like it's a waste when people take the bait and I lose that lovely 12 strength. So much better than bf.
    Hehe, you're too fond of your units First rule of Factions is that its not units that win the match, but teams. You gotta learn when its worth "giving away" a unit and when it's not. Learn to be to "clinical" (Tirean gave me that piece of advice ) and not afraid of losing somebody dear for the greater good. In my opinion, with the current metagame, raiders are by far the most often "sacrificed" units (i.e. the ones with the least kills or the ones that die first). Varl are very highly-thought of because, when they enter the end-game while still "fresh" on Hit-Points, they are very hard to kill. In my opinion, the most useful units in the endgame are archers, and especially BMs; their increased range and Puncture (all units are bound to be broken near the end!) make them lethal.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast