Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Judge-My-Build Thread!

https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....wxLDEsMl1dXV0=
    This is my 6 lvl build.
    - RM can cover the archer or be a breaker as the game goes on.
    - BB are good maiming machine against enemy archers.
    - BM is used primary for her puncture shots with BoP.
    - WM and WH are again other clean-up/hitter (WM is also a good maim source thanks to his ability).
    I usually change one of my BB with another RM when I want to play less agressive, but most of the time I capitalize on running with the breakers, break like hell and then use puncture to finish off every unit on the board. It's kind of risky because if my breakers die istantly, or my opponent is turtling, I'm in a lot of trouble because nobody else can break efficiently (so BM is useless).

Quote Originally Posted by Orath89 View Post
    I think that's a pretty solid build with sensible stats. 3 breakers should be fine (if the 3 of them get insta-killed, you have bigger problems than your BM not getting good puncture shots...)
    However I feel you lack in armor & defensive capability. Apart from the RM with stonewall, nobody in your team has high armor ; such a unit would be useful to soak up some shots while the others advance. In the current state, your opponent is free to choose between break & maim one of your BBs or advance and go for one of the warriors, and there's probably nothing you could do about it.
    It's a common problem with 2 warrior builds, but it's not as apparent with 2 RM 2 archers (or 3 RM 1 archer) as the RMs are bulletproof, forcing opponents to take big risks to get to your varls or take a lot of effort to maim your RMs.
    I guess I'm starting to warm up to the shieldbangers

Quote Originally Posted by Orath89 View Post
    https://tbs-battle-planner.herokuapp....wxLDEsMl1dXV0=
    This is my 6 lvl build.
    - RM can cover the archer or be a breaker as the game goes on.
    - BB are good maiming machine against enemy archers.
    - BM is used primary for her puncture shots with BoP.
    - WM and WH are again other clean-up/hitter (WM is also a good maim source thanks to his ability).
    I usually change one of my BB with another RM when I want to play less agressive, but most of the time I capitalize on running with the breakers, break like hell and then use puncture to finish off every unit on the board. It's kind of risky because if my breakers die istantly, or my opponent is turtling, I'm in a lot of trouble because nobody else can break efficiently (so BM is useless).
    I think I faced this today, dont remember if it was you, but Ive never been beat as hard as this (with the exception of my first day facing 2 warhawks wrecking me). Its a very good build

Here's mine, nothing fancy or farout strategy but I like average allaround builds:
    My Build

Standard RM first, tank 2nd, 3rd BM, 4th is tossup but I like Thrasher over BB, 5th BM, 6th is damagedealer either a WM or WL.

At rank 1, what do ppl prefer - Thrasher or BB? I think rank2 BB beats r2Thrasher easily.
    Last edited by roder; 04-16-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodereve View Post
    Here's mine, nothing fancy or farout strategy but I like average allaround builds:
    My Build

Standard RM first, tank 2nd, 3rd BM, 4th is tossup but I like Thrasher over BB, 5th BM, 6th is damagedealer either a WM or WL.

At rank 1, what do ppl prefer - Thrasher or BB? I think rank2 BB beats r2Thrasher easily.
    Seems like a very decent build.
    One thing I'd change is give your WM 2 exertion. All warriors should have two because else they'll never get the all-important first hit on other warriors or raiders with 2 ex.

At rank 1 the BB is not very popular, and TH is quite powerful. I think at p6 3TH builds are super cheesy/strong. I might be wrong, I have been away from the p6 game for a while.

haha, TH is strong p6, and 3 TH build is quite strong at p3. Khitchary rolled me with it the other night.

I'd have to fight it a couple times more before deciding if it's too strong/cheesy or what. Seems ok with me for now. All 3 unit builds excel at a certain point, so it's not unusual for such builds to seem strong.

I didn't mean it as "needs a nerf" cheesy, just... well.. a strong 3x build.

@Butters: Thaks, I followed your advice and replace my BB with RM but another problem popped up. Now I can't get rapidly to the enemy archers (the reason why I used BB in the first place). Any advice to solve this?

@rodereve: I usually don't remember every person I play with (even though I don't play that often either), but I can safely say that if you leave yourself open for a good strike (possibly Tempest) this build can wreck your team faster than you can say "Have mercy "

You could give the RMs 3 exertion and a bit more will to reach the archers faster, or use a Strongarm to ram them over the enemy line if the problem is blockers rather than raw distance.

My current build.

It's a rank 6. I'm contemplating upgrading everything to rank 12 soon.

In short:
    - RMs to get in position and then get a few breaks off before they die.
    - Provoker to counter the current flood of RMs. Also a big tank and breaker.
    - SA for AoE, but also 2 break... I used to run SS, but dropped her for the SA 2 break.
    - BM for higher dmg output and end-game Bird of Prey
    - Warhawk to hang back and clean up the mess. 2 Ex to be a threat, but only 2 WP because I never plan to get more than 2 Tempests off at once.

Used to run SM, didn't like him. PV is so much better in my opinion. I would love to use the SS instead of the SA, but I felt the extra break was important. I might switch back though at rank 12.

This is my estimated power 12 team. I've found the two biters to be pretty powerful in forcing weird positioning from opponents. Two warriors just seems like a much easier game to play than using a shieldbanger.
    Last edited by HappyRaccoon; 04-24-2013 at 02:36 PM.

My two builds: Current build p9

I am planning to promote this build to power 12, but I am not sure, which units to promote and if I made right decision in promotions so far.

Second one: Just theoretical

I haven't tried this one yet. Still thinking if it's viable build. My idea is to close with both Raidmasters, using Stonewall and next round break, then following with heavy hitters. Archers could be breakers or hitters based on situation.

What do you guys think about these builds? And which units should I promote?

Kuba: I'm presently running a similar build. I find the double DPS Varl isn't worth it compared to one Warhawk and one Provoker/Shieldmaster. You might want to consider it.

Also, I find having the Warhawk last works best. You want to get your Warhawk attack off vs. their high-hitter first... but you want to do it after they move first. Thus, going 6th will pose the threat to the other heavy hitter to not move into place. ... if that makes sense? heh. In short: try the Warhawk last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
    My two builds: Current build p9
    I am planning to promote this build to power 12, but I am not sure, which units to promote and if I made right decision in promotions so far.
    Hello Kuba.

Concerning your WH, I see you have him at 12ARM/2WP/1EX. I personally have him at 10ARM/3WP/2EX, so that he can do that all-important extra-step (w exertion) and still have 1WP used for a tempest hit. That's if you set him late in initiative, back-lined for use as a "sweeper".

Your RM could use an extra exertion (from STR or ARM) for a that 3+3=6AB.

Finally, I think your SS should be more "clearly" attached to (i.e. set in initiative to act right-before or right-after) one of your damage-dealing low-arm units, preferably the WH. In this way, you could protect him, or lure some opponent to try and hit him.

The BM is cool, and I can't really comment on the SM and the TH cuz I don't really play them.

I agree you need 2 ex on the WH.

3 ex on the RM, I disagree. There's no point in having 3 ex if you can only use it once. 5/2 is a good place because you can stonewall once and do 2 5-breaks (unless you have to run far for an archer or something). You might want to try the 10/12/4/1/3 and maybe the 10/8/6/3/3 variants depending on what you feel you lack most (high value target maiming and big breaks, respectively).

I would suggest you change your turn order so that RM comes first (always a safe bet) and SM comes second, maybe even third (SMs don't want to stay in the open without BtP on ; going later in the cycle ups your chances of getting something to hit).

Do you really use the break on the TH ? I think you can do without. My personal favorite stat for him at r1 is 10/12/4/2/1. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

My current build.
    I mainly use my RMs as breakers and blocking warrior varls movement, BB is used to flank archers/breaker/damager vs units with already damaged armor, PK is used as a breaker and Malice to protects my BM, BM and WM are the sweepers. I usually engage WM early game if its a good target. BM is the main sweeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatski View Post
    My current build.
    I mainly use my RMs as breakers and blocking warrior varls movement, BB is used to flank archers/breaker/damager vs units with already damaged armor, PK is used as a breaker and Malice to protects my BM, BM and WM are the sweepers. I usually engage WM early game if its a good target. BM is the main sweeper.
    Hello Tatski. Your build looks quite robust to me. Perhaps a little low on the strength-damage aspect (w one BM, and the WM). When you got *tons* of break (4x units on 3AB!), it gets quite crucial to effectively protecting the BM and WM till the late-game, when they start sweeping. In this regard, I'd keep the WM safely away from trouble (and not engage early as you said).

Hi guys,

What a great thread, really enjoy reading through all the great feedback. Well, please have a look at my build and tell me what you think. It is kind of a balanced build with a couple of breakers in the RM and SM, some puncture from BM and straight on damage from the WM. Thrasher is a do it all and the strong arm breaks and stems the tide. Skystriker control the flow of the match and can chip in with either puncture or break.

https://tinyurl.com/cuea6rc

Quote Originally Posted by DaneOfTheHill View Post
    Hello Dane.

A pretty standard build you got there; a jack-of-all-trades. These builds are generally good, but can be easily bested in specialized situations. Anyhow, all builds are theoretically equivalent, and its mostly up to how you play them (on that I'm a poor player, myself ).

Now, concerning your build, it seems to me that its kinda low on ARM (and high on STR). Especially the thrasher, by acting 2nd, can get himself easily killed if wrongly deployed. I'm guessing that you end a lot of battles with both your and your enemy's units maimed, and fighting for the last-kill, right? The SARM is also good as a tank-unit with high ARM & STR, e.g. 13/14 (on the expense of EX or WP), and good for keeping back on initiative.

Generally, I think you should consider hiring some more units to give you more flavor (e.g. a BB, a PK or a WL) or double-up on existing types (RM/TH and BM), before going to power12.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 04-19-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Am I the only one who is afraid-ish of raising the power level of a build and make it less viable due to stronger opponents?
    I'm having fun with this build on power 6 but I'm afraid it's not very optimal if I go all the way to 12...any thoughts?
    https://tinyurl.com/c4dsutr

Both RM are extremely crazy breakers. Most of times (when I can) I go for a 6 armor break and then 3 break every subsequent turn where they are maimed. Often enough people don't wanna spend turns killing them for some reason.
    The BB is also a breaker, but it's played as a damage dealer wheneever I can.
    Only reason BM is there is that sometimes I can do high damage to a high priority target on the first round.
    Not really sure about the 2 brutes though. I just like strong arm but maybe I'm wrong about the warhawk.

What do you guys think? I don't like SA or archers in general all that much but they seem to improve so much with rank2...

Quote Originally Posted by DaneOfTheHill View Post
    Pretty decent, I'd change thrasher stats if he's 2nd, he's definitely going to get hit. 10/12/4/2/1 is a better config which I'm using. you usually attack str or use ability when he's low, break isnt often used. If you play him as a breaker, better to go with a backbiter and just use the 3AB.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast