Thread: unit preparation

unit preparation

i just started playing banner saga

i have played a couple of matches.i found a useful method to prepare for battle.
    here is my strategy

adjust the stats of your varls so as to have high armour and high armour damage output.
    make sure exertion is maxed out.keep health low.the point is they serve as armour busters
    who sevearly weaken enemy armour.try to avoid using them for attacking strength.the point is even if they are miamed your varls dont lose their tactical value.they have a maximum damage output of 7(including exertion of 3 and using the energy) against armour.

keep your archers with low armour but high strength and as usual keep exertion and energy as high as possible.do not invest on armour breaking.these units are suppose to finish off the enemy after the varls break enemy armour.their range provides protection against getting miamed.

the other two units im not really sure what to do.i have to still test this strategy a bit more.i would recommend to use them in a way such that one of them is one of the above two categories.

be careful of the order of units turns,keep the armour buster at first and then then archers.

if there is any flaw in this strategy guys please let me know .

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Congratulations, you just figured out the basic layer of TBS:F strategy : you need specialized armor breakers and strength hitters.

It's not a foolproof thing ; your archers could get maimed by a an adventurous backbiter or an aggressive enemy archer, etc. A thousand things could go wrong. Some team builds completely defy the breaker + hitter paradigm. But the basic strategy is sound.

You might be interested in reading some of the many guides scattered around this forum to explore further strategies and theories.
    I suggest you start by taking a look at those two :
    What-should-my-team-look-like-Individual-character-roles-in-a-team-build
    A-Treatise-on-the-Tactics-of-Timing-and-Tempo

Seems better to see the entire library. Slimsy's guide is very compact and at the same time deep.

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?874

^ Fan Guide Library

Oh, good point, forgot about the library ^^; Definitely the place to start.

[urlhttps://www.amazon.com/Marinade-Recipes-Ultimate-Recipe-Daily-ebook/dp/B014FFPIRK/]https://www.amazon.com/Marinade-Recipes-Ultimate-Recipe-Daily-ebook/dp/B014FFPIRK/[/url]
    Last edited by MsMillie55; 09-10-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    Indeed - good stuff!