Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vigrid Tournament, 1st Edition - p6 and p12 ONGOING!

I'm quite alright with the result Nut took the win through good play. Even without the bug, he should have won it.

Yeah, as far as the servers know he won that game. Afterward though, we ended up working through in detail what moves we would have made from the bugged turn to the end of the match, and we determined pretty conclusively that if I had been able to move up that turn I would have won. I was willing to accept any of the three possible judgments (count it as his win, count it as my win, or throw the game out) but raven said "lets just play a 3rd game" so I accepted that.

Echlir reporting in. A 2-1 win for me against Bloodaddict. Very close games all around. https://www.twitch.tv/echlir/b/402187080
    (was something weird going on with my upload so I'm betting the quality is bad, sorry)
    Last edited by Echlir; 05-11-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    I'm quite alright with the result Nut took the win through good play. Even without the bug, he should have won it.
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteNutshell View Post
    I was willing to accept any of the three possible judgments (count it as his win, count it as my win, or throw the game out) but raven said "lets just play a 3rd game" so I accepted that.
    Fair enough. As long as you're both happy with the result it's all good

Hey, Butters, i guess you forgot to add that Bold Brendan has beaten Kletian999 so now he fights me

Oh snap I better start practicing again!

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    I'm assuming that Raven actually won match #2 but let you claim it?

Not really my business at all, but I think the fairest thing to do would be to just rematch that game! He won the first game legitimately to your legit win in game 3 - the decider shouldn't be as vague as a gentlemanly concession imo...

But it's not up to me
    Haha thats exactly what i was thinking too, so weird to theorycraft the winner lol but hey, it was between you two`s decision as per the rules.

tourney finals shaping up to be really good, hope they get streamed

Played one game against Tirean today, which he won.. The others (bo3) will need to be rescheduled, hopefully tomorrow.
    I have been arguing with madam Butters from the middle of the match, which seriously impaired my concentration as you can imagine. That's why I had to rescheduled (were OK now, if anybody cares).
    Apologies to Tirean and stream viewers.

Edited double post.
    I realize that sounded like a lame excuse, so I'll just say Tirean beat me fair and square, I have nothing to say to that. Hope to be in better form for the next match(es) !
    Last edited by Butters; 05-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.

So how's the tournament going so far. The thread has been awfully quiet lately.

My apologies. Have been scrambling with some RL issues lately. Can do the [re]match with InfiniteNutshell any evening this week/weekend now.
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

I have been busy as well, have a free few days now so I can play my matches.

i'm playing with Bold Brendan tomorrow at 17:00 UTC (GMT), for example.

Just had my match with mindflare77, who streamed it and will be posting. I went 0-2 so I'm out. This tournament was a lot of fun though! I'm looking forward to the next one! (Maybe by then I will learn how to play well against double-warrior builds)

As Infinite said, we just played our match. Stream *should* be here if it went correctly. Good games, both of them, though I'm still not sure where the second one turned from his advantage to mine. So I guess this means I rematch Butters now?
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

Alright, after a bit of a slow spell (partly my fault, sorry) the tournament is back on track and nearing completion !

P6 is up to the Grand Final, which is Mindfare77 vs myself ! (that's a rematch, actually)

P12 is waiting for Tirean vs me and ojustme vs Bold Brendan, and both match should happen today Sunday.

Keep an eye out !

Final score vs butters is 2-0 to me. Look in my video archive to get the matches. They are split into 3 videos Sorry

So, Butters-Tirean just happened.. And it wasn't pretty.
    Reminder: we played one game last week, won by Tirean, meaning we started today at 1-0.
    I got to pick the map and went for great hall as he runs only 1 archer.

You can see the match on both my channel and Tirean's (mine has no commentary so Tirean's is probably your best bet).
    Although honestly that won't be as interesting as some may have hoped....
    I started the match by mistakenly putting my RM in malice range accross the fire, and then make a stupid move while running our of time (and not even finishing it) with one of my SMs, drawing him out of the action. That was enough to spell disaster, considering the opponent ^^;

So that's 2-0 for Tirean. Next matches are Tirean vs Carrots for the winner's bracket finals and Echlir vs me. ojustme vs Bold Brendan is stil scheduled for today I believe.
    Last edited by Butters; 05-19-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Unfortunately I had a hectic weekend and a couple things came up making me unavailable for my match vs. Ojustme However don't fret, we will meet in battle soon!

2:0 vs Bold Brendan - a win for me. Here's the video: https://www.twitch.tv/ojustme/b/406091272
    Last edited by ojustme; 05-20-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast