Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vigrid Tournament, 1st Edition - p6 and p12 ONGOING!

*Excited*
    Just a short preparation question since I never played a friendly match so far: Do I have to add my opponent(s) as steam friends to make this work? Or is this done somehow in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodaddict View Post
    Do I have to add my opponent(s) as steam friends to make this work? Or is this done somehow in the game?
    Yes. Steam friends are automatically added on your "Friend Lobby" in the Great Hall. Restarting the Steam and/or TBSF client could solve some mini-issues, e.g. like seeing a friend online in Steam but no in TBSF.

*** Edit: Inviting friends requires an "extended" (?) Steam account, which practically means that you gotta load some money on Steam. Not necessary to spend them though (unless you want those colors). But, note that it does take some time to actually allow you to invite, like 24hrs or so. Probably has to do with credit-card verifications etc. Perhaps your opponents can invite you to make things easier!
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 04-24-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Also, if Steam friending is a problem, you could try sniping each other by going into queue (ranked or QM) at the same time if you have close-ish Elo. If you are pitted against another player, you can always alt+f4 on them. Certainly not the best way to go about it, but it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    *** Edit: Inviting friends requires an "extended" (?) Steam account, which practically means that you gotta load some money on Steam.
    I've had steam for ages and didn't even know this was a thing. 0_O

Quote Originally Posted by Echlir View Post
    I've had steam for ages and didn't even know this was a thing. 0_O
    I am actually not sure about the term "extended account". You wouldn't have noticed it if you use Steam "like it wants you to", i.e. if you load money and spend it on games etc. In this way, your account is automatically "extended". On the contrary, I (being a cheapo that just wanted a FtP game from Steam ) soon found out that I couldn't invite any friends! Why? My account was marked "restricted", as all fresh-accounts are, as a potential-suspect for phising/spamming etc. So Steam says: "load some money on your steam wallet, so that we know that you're a good guy, and then you'll have no restrictions". That's what I had to do to be able to invite friends...

To add friends you must have at least one game bought on steam (I think it doesn't need to be really bought THROUGH steam, but a paid game downloaded in it) or placed any amount of money onto your steam account. But you can still be added as friend by someone else even without that.

PS: Friended several people from the p12 list, though it's somewhat hard to choose on some of them from a vast list of identic nicknames
    Last edited by netnazgul; 04-24-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

I can see where they are coming from with that, luckily people can buy something for like 50 cents and solve that problem. Although you are in greece and pricing in other countries for games has always been....odd.

Tournament is officially started !
    The seeding has been done by my not-so-innocent hand, but pushing a scrupulously random button (relive that epic moment here).

Look at the second post (here, you lazy thing you) for brackets and match announcements.

Netnazgul I added you on steam. I live on the west coast of the US so I am on PST.

Holy cow! I'm play Slimsy first round.

Don't think I'll win but damn if i'm not excited to have a guaranteed match against Bold Brendan. Especially if he decides to stream.

Not envious of anyone in the north bracket. Now if anyone is having problems thinking of how to chose the map for their match(if there is a random button in there stop reading now) in friend mode I have rolled a randomized set of numbers to choose maps for best of 3 for the first round. Using a list of the maps from one of BoldBrendan's post:
    1:The Beach
    2:The Great Hall
    3:The Mead Hall
    4:The Proving Gounds
    5:The Wall
    And random numbers for the 10 matches (p12 and then p6)
    2 - 2 - 4
    2 - 1 - 3
    1 - 5 - 5
    1 - 3 - 3
    2 - 1 - 1
    5 - 1 - 3
    2 - 1 - 4
    1 - 4 - 2
    4 - 2 - 2
    1 - 2 - 1

I can play weekdays GMT+8 9pm-12mn

Saturdays 9am-2pm

Sundays 2pm-6pm and 9pm-12mn

Kuba, Aleonymous, when would be best for you given those times?

Wow, I am super excited for this! Butters (and others!), thanks so much for organizing this! Best of luck everyone!

Also, I would like to take the opportunity to talk some official smack talk to Bertez: take care to hide your women and children, because my Warhawk intends to show you what the hilt of his sword looks like (the hard way). May the better man stand atop the corpses of the fallen! (sent you a private message regarding availability... and best of luck!... not that you need it)

6u5 and I played our first match already !
    You can replay the entirety of it here, from my perspective.
    Result below, don't read if you want to keep it a surprise and watch.
    (note : do "spoiler" tags not work on this forum..?)

It was a win 2:0 for me, but both were pretty tight. Mistakes were made on both sides, some clever/spectacular plays - wait for the Tempest in the second match !

On a side note, raven, would you mind changing the thread title to something reflecting the current state of the tournament ? Maybe " Vigrid Tournament, 1st Edition (ongoing)"
    Last edited by Butters; 04-24-2013 at 11:21 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #55
    This is totally and completely cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    This is totally and completely cool.
    Perhaps the winner could have some small acknowledgement somewhere?

Also Butters I dig your choice of music
    Last edited by HappyRaccoon; 04-25-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks for chiming in Arnie I'm glad you like the initiative.

And thanks HappyRaccoon ! For those of you who don't know it, I have been streaming Woodkid's The Golden Age album with my matches, and the track Iron (best music video evarrrr, you have to check it out - it's also pretty relevant to the game in terms of ambience) was playing when I was doing the drawing.
    Last edited by Butters; 04-25-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Neat! Yeah I looked it up right after. I feel like in that last match 6u5 just threw at the end. I was very sad :c

I feel like had 6u5 not moved his strongarm away, or had his WH kill your SM he would have won. 8/12 is more than enough to just walk all the way to your BM to kill her.

Oh yeah, without a doubt, either of these two moves would have won him the match. I was expecting to play a third...

Bloodaddict add me on steam and we can get some games going sometime over the next few days!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast