Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vigrid Tournament, 1st Edition - p6 and p12 ONGOING!

Had two great matches against Ojustme; the first was close the second was a blowout. Check them out from my vantage HERE. Better I was able to find some time late then never to my whooping!

My win against HappyRaccoon: https://www.twitch.tv/ojustme/b/408268098 He considers it done after one game.

Quote Originally Posted by ojustme View Post
    My win against HappyRaccoon: https://www.twitch.tv/ojustme/b/408268098 He considers it done after one game.
    It seems that HappyRaccoon wasn't aware of the "extra-turn" aspect of Forge-Ahead in Pillage . And he wasn't too happy when he found out! Well, I understand it's kinda weird (he did feel "cheated"), but otherwise FA would be almost useless in Pillage mode...

Yeah, i still feel bad about it :/ By the way. it seems like he is busy with RL right now. I guess that's the main reason for him not to play further.

Quote Originally Posted by ojustme View Post
    Yeah, i still feel bad about it :/
    I think without the FA he would have won the match with his quasi-full WM, right?

Well, as far as I can tell "unawareness" is not exactly excusable (at your guys' level) and he didn't seem very interested to further debate the issue. I recall another match (Carrots-vs-Nutshell?) where there was a *real* bug involved, and the players discussed the situation and concluded on a unanimously accepted solution...

I think FA is fine as it is, but awareness is a problem. It's still not a very popular skill and many people have just never encountered it in Pillage, or maybe haven't thought about using it themselves in that situation.
    This system is not exactly self-evident either. Maybe a little caveat about Pillage behavior in the skill description would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I think without the FA he would have won the match with his quasi-full WM, right?
    Yep. For sure.

Maybe a little caveat about Pillage behavior in the skill description would help.
    Yeah, it's certainly needed. It may be included in tutorial where the pillage starts.

Butters, I'm good for the finals whenever. Wasnt sure if you wanted to let p12 catch up and have the Finals of each happening around the same time or not. I'm fine with whatever, just let me know. Looking forward to not only our rematch, but also seeing the conclusion to the p12.
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

It's pretty silent here

Yeah, come on guys, I want to see who wins p12!

Sorry sorry, trying to find time for a match when you live on opposite sides of the world is hard. Should be having my match with butters tommorow though.

Yeah, my bad too for not being super available recently.
    The winner of our match with Echlir will go on to meet ojustme in finals, and the Grand final will see the winner of that against Tirean. Hopefully we can get it all done by the week-end ..?

Indeed. Both were quite close though. I think the matches are worth seeing

I go against Ojustme for the loser's semi-finals (I hope to make this match happen fairly quickly, our timezones are much more compatible). The winner of that should go against Carrots in the loser's bracket finals - I hope you are not going to forfeit that one too ? :\
    Then of course it's the grand final against Tirean (as should be !)

Hey what happened to p6? Was there ever a final?

The finals for p6 between mindflare and I is also still pending, hopefully it shall happen soon too.

I'll play that match I believe .

18.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #258
    I love the fact that Butters is playing without warriors in the lineup. Just watched the vids, very cool stuff!
    We've got our heads down working on the Saga, but I can't wait to get back to working on Factions again. We're going to have a LOT to add when we're done developing the Saga.

Who needs warriors when you have 3 range archers doing more damage than the warriors would do over the whole of the match?

Butters vs ojustme was a 3-0 in my favor, but I had to work for it ! Very good matches. you can see it from my perspective here : https://www.twitch.tv/butters_tbs/c/2381871

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast