Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vigrid Tournament, 1st Edition - p6 and p12 ONGOING!

Alright, I haven't played in a while but I guess it's as good a time as any to come back. Put me in for p6.

Someone asked in chat when the tournament will start (I think it was hovercraft ?).
    The answer is : as soon as we get the necessary number of players !

I would love to participate! (P12) I have to frequently travel for work but play almost everyday when a computer is available. I don't play without streaming these days so there will be plenty of documentation (at least for one match before losing horribly )

One thing that might also be interesting is if everyone submitted a build and could not change anything in it (to avoid countering a particular player they knew they would be facing). Simply a suggestion. Looking forward to it!

Just to get this thing going, and be a part of it, time and schedule permitting - sign me up for both.

I'm more in it for the funsies.

Alright, we get to 16 with two of the usual suspects !
    Considering Aleonymous said he would participate mostly to get us to the right number, I will leave about 24 hours for someone to take his spot (consulting with him first would be a civil thing to do).

The first Vigrid Tournament (p12) shall start tomorrow !
    p6 on the other hand will be a while, it seems.

Please think in advance of what times you will be available for playing, as you will need to communicate it to your first round opponent.

Slimsy : your suggestion makes a lot of sense. However I also find it interesting that countering specific builds is at all possible ; also, if your opponent can change his build, so can you. If you expect your opponent to adapt, maybe you should too ! I'd rather have as little limitations as possible for this first tournament ; we'll see how it goes as it is and build up from there.

Regarding the random seeding, I was planning to hand it over to a neutral hand, namely raven ; since he's playing, that plan does not work too well anymore ^^; Would someone not playing in the p12 tournament be kind enough to do it ? (I'll provide the tool for it).

I can do the random seeding for the p12, if nobody else steps up.
    Last edited by mindflare77; 04-23-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

ill play p6

Exciting!

To make it fair someone could stream the random seeding, set up each player with a number and then use a number generator online to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirean View Post
    To make it fair someone could stream the random seeding, set up each player with a number and then use a number generator online to do it for you.
    Yay, championship draw live on TV
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

I just earned the renown needed to acquire a full p12 squad. But, being really inexperienced at this level (apart from generally incompetent )... Please, step-up to fill "my" p12 place!

PS#1 - I +1 Slimsy's idea about submitting fixed builds. That way we can also "prepare" before the actual match. Perhaps only allow initiative-order changes?
    PS#2 - The draw on TV would be fun! Just like Champions League.

Streaming the drawing is one fun idea !
    If y'all are okay with it, I will use an online bracket generator with integrated seeding while live streaming, and the result shall be final.
    Seems fitting for my streaming debut !

We are still waiting for a 16th to takes Aleonymous' place.
    Once our last competitor is found, I will set up for the draw on Twitch, which should happen somewhere around Europe's late night / US' afternoon - hopefully tomorrow. Then we'll be set to do the first round of matches by the end of the week !

Regarding fixed builds, unless there are more players requesting it, I'd like to keep that for the next tournament - for the reasons in my post above, and also because it seems a bit late in the process now to announce such a rule.

Also, to the p6 people :

would you be OK with starting a first tournament with only 8 players ? It seems unlikely we will find 8 more anytime soon.
    I'd rather do both simultaneously, if possible.

I'm okay with doing an 8 player p6 tourn.
    I'm personally in preference for a mutable lineup.

I will probably suffer terrible losses, but it might be fun . Count me in for p12 tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
    I will probably suffer terrible losses, but it might be fun . Count me in for p12 tourney.
    Thanks Kuba! I owe you one

I'm also OK with 8 player p6-tourney. Only problem is that I'll be offline this entire w/e, but OK, matches are to be held at the two combatants' leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Laughter View Post
    I'm okay with doing an 8 player p6 tourn.
    I'm personally in preference for a mutable lineup.
    ditto, btw what do you mean by mutable lineup, as in bo3 change in between?

I feel all the tournament games should be in a bo3 format.

First game your team is what you enter with. You eliminate each map player by player until 1 map is left.

After first game the loser has a chance to change his/her team and also gets map choice.

Just in case any more votes come in: I also prefer a mutable (as opposed to a fixed) lineup for this tourney.

I'll probably only have two games to play so it won't matter much, though.

EDIT@Tirean: Yeah, that sounds like an interesting way to do it, but we might as well keep it simple (by leaving that choice up to the players as Butters proposed) for the early games in this tourney, eh.
    Last edited by franknarf; 04-24-2013 at 07:32 AM.

OK, so this is it !

Tournament entry is now closed !
    We'll do the power 6 tourney with 8 players.
    Initial seeding will happen for both tournaments (streamed live, for anyone who cares) very soon, stay tuned ! I'm thinking of doing it around 11 AM JST tomorrow, which is 2 AM GMT (sorry Europeans) and 9 PM CST. My stream is here (never used until now...). I will be posting again here and in chat when the time is final. I will use the online ledger creator and seeder at challonge.com.

Definitive players list
    Power 12 - 16 players

Tirean, franknarf, Bloodaddict, netnazgul, Bertez, Kletian999, Evil Laughter, hreinnbeno, Butters, 6u5, HappyRacoon, Echlir, ojustme, raven2134 (aka strange_carrots), Slimsy Platypus (aka Bold Brendan), Kuba
    Power 6 - 8 players
    Aleonymous, Mindflare77, Butters, Evil Laughter, Rensei, InfiniteNutshell, raven2134 (aka strange_carrots), rodereve

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast