Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vigrid Tournament, 1st Edition - p6 and p12 ONGOING!

Echlir, I've added you to my Steam friends. I'm traveling until Saturday, and I live in EST time. Let me know when you are available this weekend.

Awesome Butters! It's really cool you organized this tourney. Loved the drawing stream too!

I've PM'd Raven for arranging our matchup at p6, hopefully sometime tomorrow, cuz there's this 6h difference between the Philippines and Greece! Concerning my following match (Butters or rodereve), please note that I'll be offline in the w/e, until Sunday evening, say until GMT~20h00!

I definitely went full retard at the end of the second match. Don't think i would have taken the third if we'd gotten there though, as the only reason i almost had second was due to a mistake by butters. Guess i'll just have to win the losers bracket now :P.

Well, between experienced players it's all about who makes what mistakes, so me making a mistake is a perfectly valid reason to win, and that definitely could have happened twice !
    Overall that was a very enjoyable couple of matches and I'm glad I have them on record. Might be streaming more in the future...

P12 carrots vs Kuba, 2-0, I'm onto the next round .

Good games Kuba, was close both those games.

I confirm that . Thanks, I have forgotten how strong can Strongarm be. Once more time, good luck in next rounds.

Rensei, I'm on EST. Saturday evening Iwwon't be available, but I'll be free from Friday after 6pm. Tonight I'm open from about 6-11. Just let me know and we can work something out.

If someone points me to directions on how to easily stream, I would be willing to capture my defeat for the viewing pleasure of you all.
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

Fair enough butters, i definitely had fun in those matches. Was quite interesting getting beat by a two SB build. Was the Carrots v. Kuba match streamed?

Quote Originally Posted by mindflare77 View Post
    If someone points me to directions on how to easily stream, I would be willing to capture my defeat for the viewing pleasure of you all.
    netnazgul wrote a very simple guide precisely for that !
    I used that to set up my own stream, you can get running in a matter of minutes, it really is surprisingly straightforward.

Also, the carrots vs Kuba was not streamed unfortunately.

1:1 with hreinnbeno and the decisive match is ahead. Both games were really really hard and the winner/loser border was thin there. Maybe I should learn how to stream Anyway, it's nice to have such a tough time.

I won 2-0 vs netnazgul. He streamed it too so I'm sure a VoD will be up at some point.

Lost 0-2 to HappyRaccoon, streamed here.
    Moving to losers bracket now unfortunately, no second opportunity to lose

edit: HappyRaccoon flashed me commenting first
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

I was running 2 SB during that fight with Kuba, btw.

Yee yee I'm actually curious about watching from your PoV. I wonder what mistakes it looks like I made.

edit: I do think in round 1 you should have used your sky striker to block me off to allow your raidmaster to be more aggressive.

edit2: In round1 when you strongarmed my BB back to my warhawk I left myself open to your raidmaster advancing and taking out all of my WH's armor.

edit3: round1 play where you shoved a BB into the RoA3 left your sky striker open. Which seems bad when all your big characters are low on armor values. This opening allowed me to pressure your late game threat (and I think I won partially because of this)

edit4: round1 After you broke my WM with your RM you should have used your BB to attack my WM, I think. The hit I get in with my full str WM pretty much seals the game.

ps. I think Skystrikers should move further into attack range when RoA'ing because at max range it is easy to predict what is safe. If you move close you can potentially fire at angle angle making the move harder to predict.

edit5: Early in round2 when you positioned your Strongarm behind your RM I thought you were going to punt him forward which would have been incredibly annoying to my formation. Also I walked into an obvious RoA1 herp derp (got greedy with my BB movement). My 90% shot felt pretty key to doing well in round 2 as well.

edit6: Kill my SA with your RM allowed me to get a hit on your WH far too early which sealed round2 up (in my mind). My low health WM should have been killed much earlier as well. If you had then I would not have been able to weaken your last end game threat of the strongarm.

edit7: I now see what you mean by breaking to do a 11str hit. I feel like you should have prioritized killing my WH over my BM, but that is probably just my bias.

edit8: I don't really think that 90% 2 damage shot would have won you round2, but it does suck that it missed. That concludes my post-commentary on the game.
    Last edited by HappyRaccoon; 04-25-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Lost 2-1 to ojustme

First two were pretty close, one on one in the end.

The last one was pretty decisive.

We both had the same teams throughout all three games.
    Last edited by hreinnbeno; 04-25-2013 at 11:18 AM.

2:1 with hreinnbeno in my favor, so i win the whole match. The last game was not as tough as the first two but that's mostly about how good the first couple was It was a really nice play.

So tournament is going on, Butters is doing fine job organizing it, I got beaten heavily , but it came to my mind we are missing one important thing. For what are we fighting besides eternal glory and renown? Nothing. That is not worth a Viking. So allow me to introduce my own creation and price for winners (if Butters is alright with it) The Chalice:

Hope you guys like it .

That Chalice looks like a sword to me? But ok (not that I get a say, presumably this is for the p12 group)

Yes, it is sword called The Chalice . I thought I would make second version of it, differently colored, for p6 group.
    Last edited by Kuba; 04-25-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Looks like both my games p6 and p12 will be on Saturday due to timezone issues

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast