Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How is class balancing going?

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Loveboof I meant the run would do 1 ab to units passed through, and the strike at the end to the "final unit" would do your strength +1 with chance to miss (str+1-armor). BB at 11 max str.
    Yeah ok. Well I do quite like that suggestion! It'll be interesting to hear a reply from one of the more critical people of the recent 'nerfing'...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    @loveboof: About these suggestions... (since you started/continued it! )

#3# could be thought of as an "in-line" SnB or Tempest STR-damage. The former does a constant amount of damage to all units in a given tile-set, while the latter does a normal STR-attack to units in multiple tiles (minus the HI from the Warrior's passive). It's pretty straight if you think of it that way. Not sure how OP or weak, though...

#7# is meant as a boost of the RT ability when used along with raiders' passive, shield-walling. Stone-wall and particularly Bloody-Flail profit from this passiv; so, I was thinking that the BB could get a +1STR to his attack for each ally adjacent to the tile he lands (or starts?).
    Hmm, I suppose you could be right on both counts in terms of 'fitting the character'. In terms of balancing, #7 would be fairly situational and so might not solve the issue, but could bring an interesting element to how the BB is used...

For #3 (as you clarified it for me in your last post), I think you would be right about it's comparable power to SnB or Tempest if it didn't end in an attack as well as the added movement range... Not sure it would help with the balancing issue :/

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    ...might not solve the issue...
    ...not sure it would help with the balancing issue...
    Fortunately (or unfortunately), this game is infinitely more complex than "black-or-white" (i.e. like Chess!), so small-changes and thorough-playtesting are necessary. Nevertheless, I'm sure there are several optimal solutions; so, in order to come down to one, there has to be some sort of "chosing"... Let the devs do it, its more their game than ours!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #43
    Alright, I suspect this thread could go around and around. The initial complaint seems to be with Backbiter. We've made very slight adjustments to characters over loooong periods to see how the changes pan out. Factions is a game where just 1 point change across an entire team can make a big difference for the most dedicated players and we understand this.

Our primary goal has always been to prevent any one particular strategy or team from becoming un-fun to play against or unbeatable. This has been our guide with every change to balance.

If we're going to talk about balancing the backbiter or some other class, that's fine. If the conversation devolves back into "the whole thing is broken" then I respectfully disagree.
    Last edited by Alex; 04-30-2013 at 12:19 PM.

I can just add that MadMage seems a bit Impaler of backbiters, if you get what I mean
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Now now, lets not call him names. He does have a much more rational argument then Impaler's, even if the math of his suggestion last I checked would be a worse nerf than the unit already went through.

I think Siege Archers could maybe stand to get that 10 max armor back now that slag and burn is not so devastating. Right now they have no stat advantage over the bowmaster.

They're not supposed to have a stat advantage...

I think the idea is that they were dropped to 10 armor when SnB was broken. Perhaps reverting a past nerf now may make them a bit more popular? Though I still use mine...

Stat advantage not meaning they have more points, but they have the potential to have a higher stat than Bowmasters that isn't max will.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by EriktheRed View Post
    I think Siege Archers could maybe stand to get that 10 max armor back now that slag and burn is not so devastating. Right now they have no stat advantage over the bowmaster.
    And who could argue with a guy named Erik the Red?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyRaccoon View Post
    I think the idea is that they were dropped to 10 armor when SnB was broken. Perhaps reverting a past nerf now may make them a bit more popular? Though I still use mine...
    seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by EriktheRed View Post
    I would love to see SA with 10 armor again.. The other archers have a max of 17 str/armor, It would be nice if SA do too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3