Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Axeman (Rough)

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1

The Axeman (Rough)

Click to Zoom In

Just looking through these and I was really curious how this art is created. This one has the look of a really great bit of marker rendering...I was wondering if you do pieces like this by hand and then scan them in, or is it all digital? Do you use a tablet to do any of the input? What software are you using to create the art?

As a fellow artist, I'd appreciate any insight you could give to your process!
    Let the Sleeping Dog Lie!

See my album of Banner Saga crests here. Many thanks to everyone who displays my work!

I'm guessing that the Banner Saga's art is all-digital, drawn exclusively with a tablet, using Photoshop.

Just a guess... I'm interested to know if it's correct!
    Án brynju, mağur er varnarlaus. Án styrks, er hann ekkert.

Quote Originally Posted by Guğmundr View Post
    I'm guessing that the Banner Saga's art is all-digital, drawn exclusively with a tablet, using Photoshop. Just a guess... I'm interested to know if it's correct!
    Hi all. The in-game art does replicate the golden-age of animation (Disney etc), in something that seems rather easy to accomplish "digitally" nowadays. Nevertheless, there's bound to be some concept-art, you know, to give shape to the characters before their final form, and that's bound to be done in hand (ink, pencil etc). Even Mickey must have started as a photo-realistically rendered mouse, before he ended up in this "abstractly mousey" look! I'm not an artist myself, but I guess that's how you'd work. This raider... *thump* Aaarggg!!! ...sasgsgklkmmm... *gdoup*
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 04-23-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Somehow, from the way Aleon's post was cut off, I'm visualizing a raider breaking into his house and chopping at his computer mid-post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yth View Post
    Somehow, from the way Aleon's post was cut off, I'm visualizing a raider breaking into his house and chopping at his computer mid-post.
    Dunno what happened there, nor what I meant to say... Guess one should proof-read his posts post-posting! Anyways, I edited the post accordingly