Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Art Blog - Character Design Process

Quote Originally Posted by Thearpox View Post
    In other words a spear. But if it's an axe or a sword (unless it's a gladiolus) it doesn't work that way. On the other hand, I have no idea how it would look with claws or something other mythical. So, I am I really disappointed in the animation? No. Will it look weird if you are hit with an axe? Yes.

Will the developers look at this animation in three months and decide that the need [random number] more animations to match all the different attack types? Maybe. Would that result in extra time? Yes. Am I afraid of that, and do I think that they should plan for that in advance so they don't have to redo it? Yes.

Thanks Avantre, for helping me to formulate my thoughts. Also sorry if anyone doesn't like to read the Yes/No arguments. It was easier for me. Also, I'm not seriously worried.
    There is absolutely no need for multiple death animations. Why, when people are animating everything so painfully detailed, would you even ask to have multiple death animations made for a single unit? Do you realize how much work goes into just giving each individual class a single unique death anim? Not to mention that they already have a hefty amount of required animations.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximB View Post
    Well....I must admit that I wasn't following the blog up until this post.... but I definetly love the sketch much more, could you at least add some shadows to the colored version (and animated version)....they look so simple.
    That's the style they've been pitching from the very beginning. It looks a lot more amazing in motion than in stills, and I think that's one of the big reasons why they settled on it over anything else. Watch the original Sleeping Beauty (thanks for the fix gaelvin) animated movie again and you'll see.
    Last edited by LoliSauce; 06-21-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Movie name correction

Or "Sleeping Beauty" because the backgrounds are what those in the game are based on, at least stylistically.
    For cards and art prints, visit my Celtic Art Print Gallery: http://ian-herriott.artistwebsites.com/
    "Like" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...51218704893987
    And view all of my Banner Saga Crest Designs on tumblr: http://gaelvin.tumblr.com

Nice the blogs just keep on coming I was wondering if you will show us your working methods in more detail, Arnie? Like how you do the research for the characters, draw the sketches and finally how they end up in animation. Would you be able to get some Powerhouse employess do a like a guest appearance in the blog?

Anyway, excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by gaelvin View Post
    Or "Sleeping Beauty" because the backgrounds are what those in the game are based on, at least stylistically.
    Oop, thanks for the correction.

So neat to see the process!

Very nice to see this behind the scenes stuff. The artwork is so lovely, and the animation is very nice!

i got inspired by the amazing work you guys did, and i tried to do some things based on your style.
    But of course, i'm not half as good as you guys ^^

The background is a beautiful Eyvind Earle art

And this was the first animation i have ever did, still working on it though

Thank you guys for the wonderful work
    Waiting for the sequel

This lancer is pretty awesome!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    This is absolutely cool! Thanks a ton for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Goombaka View Post
    i got inspired by the amazing work you guys did, and i tried to do some things based on your style.
    But of course, i'm not half as good as you guys ^^

The background is a beautiful Eyvind Earle art

And this was the first animation i have ever did, still working on it though

Thank you guys for the wonderful work
    Waiting for the sequel

Awesome stuff man!
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Thank you everyone for the support, and thank you Stoic team for posting on facebook, really glad you guys liked

I'm just posting the final version here without the sketch part ^^
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Really nice artwork.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2