Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 1.8.95

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Build 1.8.95

Build 1.8.95 (hotfix) Release Notes
    Changes:
    • Fixed Ambient sounds not playing during battle
    • Fixed tutorial videos not playing
    • Eternal Renown Boost now on sale in marketplace!

Build 1.8.50 Release Notes
    Changes:
    • Added a News Page which appears on login if there is new news. It can also be summoned from the Strand Options page.
    • Battle: Increased Rally Boost renown award to 5 per battle
    • Battle: Increased Win bonus renown award to 5 per battle
    • Market: Decreased Renown prices
    • Market: Decreased Starter Pack prices
    • Market: Decreased Boost prices
    • Market: All Warriors variation is now on sale
    • Sped up Match Resolution Animations
    • Upgraded server to RabbitMQ 3.1
    • Upgraded client to Adobe AIR 3.7
    • Internal reorganization of patcher game assets to prepare for Chapter 1
    • Moved client logs to more appropriate locations:
      • Mac OS X: $HOME/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSagaFactions/Local Store/logs/
      • Windows: %HOME%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSagaFactions\Local Store\logs\

Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed some cases of battle hangs due to server restarts and RabbitMQ errors
    • Fixed an issue with Return The Favor sometimes not returning the favor

KNOWN WINDOWS ISSUES
    • Crash on startup
      • Reinstall the game through Steam
      • Reinstall the game to a different folder if the above does not work
    • Steam Overlay unavailable
    • Terrible performance in fullscreen
      • These are both fixed with the following steps:
        1. Right-click the following
        2. Choose "Settings..."
        3. Ensure that "Enable hardware acceleration" is clicked
          NOTE: This does not work with the Chrome browser

KNOWN MAC OS X ISSUES

• The Steam Overlay functions intermittently on Mac OS X
      • If you load the game without the Overlay, simply restart the game and it usually appears
    • Crash on startup on Mac OS X
      • Remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework". If you need to reinstall Adobe AIR, visit this link: https://get.adobe.com/air/

For previous updates, see the Patches & Updates section.
    Last edited by John; 07-12-2013 at 11:24 AM.

cool stuff, thanks for the update, since u mentioned chapter 1 in there, how far are we from it being released? or an alpha/beta/demo being shown or avanible?

Yay patch day, even if there's not a whole lot of change happening.

Hmmm, normally it auto-updates... This time it's saying my client version is too old :/

(I guess I'll just try it again in an hour or so)

Just go to steam library and click on factions once, it should start to auto update. If not, right click on the name then properties, tab to local files and click verify integrity of game cache. This will force an update if there is one.
    (note:the second method might take a while with larger games)

Quote Originally Posted by Echlir View Post
    Just go to steam library and click on factions once, it should start to auto update. If not, right click on the name then properties, tab to local files and click verify integrity of game cache. This will force an update if there is one.
    (note:the second method might take a while with larger games)
    Thanks Echlir

The first method didn't work, but the second one did!

Thanks John! You are the Malice to my Rain of Arrows [winkey face]. Seriously though, thanks to all the folks at Stoic for the continued hard work and support into Factions! I'm still very gladly here rooting alongside you guys on the easy end (I get to play Factions while you are hard at work!)

This +5 win-bonus makes me strongly reconsider using the expert-timer (for a +2)...

Checking my steam-stats, my win-chances are like 70% (~120/170 matches). Admittedly, I make too many mistakes and quite some of them are related to limited time, because I almost exclusively play w the 30sec timer. Assuming a typical +12/+5R (@45s) and a +14/+7R (@30s) for a Win/Loss, then my average Renown gain @30s is ~11.9 (= 70% * 14 + 30% * 7). Assuming that playing @45s increases my chances of winning by say +10%, then average gain ~10.6 (=80% * 12 + 20% * 5). Hmmm, it seems that I should stick with the expert timer after all!

@Aleo: Don't forget that at 30s, your games will go by faster too (for a faster gain in Renown)!

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    @Aleo: Don't forget that at 30s, your games will go by faster too (for a faster gain in Renown)!
    True! Ah... Doesn't it all come down to how much time we're given in this existence?

That I forgot to factor in, mainly because I normally play no more than 1-2 matches. Yesterday evening though, I got 5-6 matches, which made me remember the good "old" (?) times. Actually, the net time-difference is not so much, because I'd typically take all 45s only for 5-6 critical turns; many of the rest are much easier choices.

Actually, has anyone calculated the average TBSF battle duration in turns/rounds?

11.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Average battle stats:

17.5 minutes per battle
    47.9 turns per battle
    21.9 seconds per turn

The numbers don't vary much between Quickmatch, Ranked, and Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Average battle stats:

17.5 minutes per battle
    47.9 turns per battle
    21.9 seconds per turn

The numbers don't vary much between Quickmatch, Ranked, and Tourney.
    That was a prompt response! Thanks John

The 22s/turn is kinda expected, and the 18m/battle I've guessed from looking at recorder streams (where 1h<->3 battles). Now, here's where you say: OK, so turns/battle = time/battle/(time/turn) = 17.5*60/21.9=47.9 So, there's like 24 turns/player, and, roughly speaking 3-5 rounds/unit. Interesting.

Just checking how you're doing guys, can't wait for the first instalment of the SP I'm sure it will make me come back to Factions too! Keep up the good work!

missing you piotras

A useful addition to the battle-UI would be an indication of the Rank of the "persistent" active abilities (RoA, SW and BtP). Perhaps multiple instances of the ability-icon on the unit-portraits in the initiative-queue to signify the Rank?

Or is there already some way to find it, e.g. by clicking on the unit?

You can see it if it is activated on the unit panel on the bottom.

Yeah, Aleo was talking about seeing at which rank it was activated, which you can't. Multiple icons would take too much space if you count that Malice can stack on top of it. Maybe a small number above the icon ?

Ahh, my bad. Maybe a small number within the lit-up circle, make it black so it is easy to read. Generally I sorta disagree with the idea though. You should be paying attention and/or able to deduce it from their will power that is left over and et cetera. Can't make it too easy for them. I love when people forget that I used a rank 2 BtP. xD

What I find very nice with TBSF battle-system is that, just like with chess, a game-snapshot tells (almost) everything there is to know in order to reconstruct and play through the rest of the game. That is very helpful in puzzles and case-studies, just like the ones in the threads Tirean/Franknarf/Butters maintain.

Of course, that is the case when the Tab-banners are on. However, there are some more small things missing for such snapshots, namely: the {AB,EX,Rank,starting-ARM/STR/WP} of all units (not just the active unit and clicked-on unit) and these rank-of-ability marks on the portraits.

Perhaps if we had two levels of Tab-banners? E.g. the "simple" one being just what we have now, and the "in-depth" one, where all these little infos are marked (e.g. more tiny numbers in the unit-banners or -portraits). The "simple" banner-level would be used for casual/normal playing, and the "in-depth" one would be used when F12-ing a snapshot, or for the players who really want/can process so much info at-a-glance (without clicking on units all the time etc).
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 06-07-2013 at 10:26 AM.

You can do this 1 unit at a time already, by clicking on other units the full stat banner shows for that unit on the init bar. I wouldn't want to sacrifice playability of the UI just so out of game screenshots benefit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast