Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Factions Randomizer

Factions Randomizer

Sir Brendan has some good concepts. I watch his stream and there these gems come cascading from him. While he has all this experience and game time and can never remember what anything is called . So we have the new banner idea covered in another thread - I am starting this one, so those who watch him can post his ideas for him. ^^ I'll start - He had the idea of a "random" button being applied to matches. Where it'd make your team just that - random. I believe the button should have a rank option, obviously, so that when you say... click on random at rank 6, it composes a team that will add up to 6 with what you currently own. So, if you have 3 raiders.. you might end up with one in your layout. I can also see discrediting that idea and forcing rank 1 for each unit, so as to not handicap a player.

I do like the idea for QM. Say it only chooses rank 2s for lvl 12, just takes it from the stock you have. While this could be exploited by having only so many rank 2s - so you know what your line-up will be; something you can work with, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, since it's only QM. It'd give some freshness to the game. I am, at points, bored with the limited options; yet I know that eventually there will be so many units.. it'll be hard to predict or prepare for anyone. And, when that time comes: this idea will be even that much better.
    Last edited by AnotherPersona; 05-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Honestly man, or stop drinking or start making some sense. Everytime i read your post i think i get what you are talking about but somehow in the middle i get lost. I read this post three times, i understand the beggining but in the middle im just lost.

He had the idea of a "random" button being applied to matches. Where it'd make your team just that - random. I believe the button should have a rank option, obviously, so that when you say... click on random at rank 6, it composes a team that will add up to 6 with what you currently own.
    Here You go! Used up my last trial day productively :]

https://rensei.webs.com/FactionsRandomizer.swf - left-click to open in browser (it will be scaled up in size), right-click and "save target as" to have it on Your PC.
    https://rensei.webs.com - open in browser (it won't be scaled).

Enable sounds - fun sounds will be played if enabled :]
    Equal levels - all units will have the same level if enabled.

MinPower - minimum power of the randomized team. If "Equal levels" is enabled it will only jump between 0,6,12 and 18. If it gets bigger than max, the max slider will be pulled along.
    MaxPower - maximum power of the randomized team. If "Equal levels" is enabled it will only jump between 0,6,12 and 18. If it gets smaller than min, the min slider will be pulled along.

If the two above are not equal a random power level will be taken from the min-max set.
    Last edited by Rensei; 05-14-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Loki, it's not *that* hard to understand.. and it is nice to give you a challenge. Your inability to comprehend my writing style delights me. Perhaps you should have a few drinks and enlightenment may ensue. :P Also.. Honestly Man, is that my super hero name? I shall destroy you.. with the truth! ^^

Rensei - That is pretty cool, gonna have to link Bold to that when he gets online. Did you make that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rensei View Post
    Holy cow this is soooooooo awesome! I can't wait to use this... now I just have to figure out how to get the web browser to show up on my stream! (someone techie help me!)

I love you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Rensei View Post
    You are a magician !

Ok I just used the random team generator for the first time! Since I cannot defy the gods of randomness (I dare not test what the Bloody Flail repercussions might be!), I went into battle with a rank 0 Shieldbanger! Would be nice for possibly a future version to have an option to prevent rank 0s!

If you check the Equal Levels box you can only move the Min Power slider up to 6, 12, or 18, and will never get 0 rank units.

Me and butters just did a Random v Random match, I ended up with only one Varl against him! (would be nice to add in a feature to force two Varl )

You can see Slimsy crush me with his random p12 team here :
    I did a couple of random-team p6 matches after that, here they are.

Two more things I'd like to see in the randomizer (which is awesome, thanks a bunch Rensei !) :
    1. Force 2 varls
    2. exclude rank 0 units from pl>6 compos
    For the moment I'm just ignoring the results that do not follow these rules. Hope that does not anger the RNG gods.
    Although I guess with your trial period over, you're not going to be able to do anything about it are you ?
    Somebody get her a Flash license already !

Will publish the source code in this thread, when I'm back from work. Managed to make it nice and compact, while still easy to read.

I'm quite proud of it considering the tight schedule and fact, that it's actually working as intended

Keep the ideas/bug reports coming. I'm working on getting back into it, so if nobody steps in... I'll be back :]

EDIT: 3 raiders, 3 archers right off the bat... nice one Butters.
    Last edited by Rensei; 05-15-2013 at 04:59 AM.

I have to really applaud you guys. A lot of suggestions came out in beta like this random team generator or new tourney formats, and you know what, you guys took the initiative to make them happen, even if it's from outside the game. I do a slow clap for that <clap><clap><clap>. Really awesome how people have stepped up on many occasions to not just give a suggestion, but make an idea happen .

*joins in slow clap*

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hmph75 - zipped *.exe file
    (doesn't require browser involved ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) But at what cost? Will You trust me?).

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1l5l2o - source.

Another fun idea, another awesome applet! Cheers Slimsy/Rensei/Persona for making this happen.

This would indeed be a really cool "mode" to have in-game, e.g. as an alternative to friendly-match (FM)! It will greatly help improve one's global view of the game's units and synergies etc, making FM-training much more fun & rewarding.

Update:
    - two new checkboxes: "allow basic units" (disable to have no level 0 units randomized, also automatically increases minimum level to 6) and "force 2 Varls".
    - testing new fonts
    - testing new sounds

oh Glob, the sounds...

I'm thinking bout combining each unit with sound (banger - wookie roar, BB - "meep meep", WH - "doublekill!" from UT, level 0 unit - Adam Jensen "I never asked for this" etc. etc.).

Feel free to throw in Your ideas (and soundfiles).

Tinkering the option to use user provided sounds/images should the app find them in it's folder, and standard otherwise.
    Last edited by Rensei; 05-21-2013 at 08:11 AM.

JAVAAAA!!!

https://rensei.webs.com/BSFRandomizer.jar - testing will be appreciated. No sounds or funky animations - Java sucks this way

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast