Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Is BM OP

Quote Originally Posted by LoliSauce View Post
    After rewatching the video, I don't think that she gets puncture bonus for the skill.
    It's not so clear to me, but I'd surely expect it to synergize with Puncture Alex uses the ability twice and Alette didn't move only on the first use. At that point, the dredges' ARM was still quite high, so high chances the Puncture didn't really contribute.

A small side note -- Is there a back story behind this small "degenerate" situation where the damage is equal to 1 in both these occasions: (a) STR=ARM and (b) STR=ARM+1? I'd start to apply the -10% miss-chance formula from the point where STR=ARM and on, i.e. Chance[%] = 100 - 10*( ARM-STR+1 ). To compensate the 90% at STR=ARM, you could add a small gift of 1AB in case the blow misses/deflects. This little "hole" in the game mechanics is related to some specific stattings. Firstly, when considering archer-vs-archer fire (attacker @8STR), then having 7ARM or 8ARM is exactly the same -- This means that you can spend the point elsewhere. Secondly, when considering Warriors-vs-Thrashers@12STR, it's imperative for me to have at least 11ARM -- This means that the TH engaging him will be forced to take the gamble of BFing him.

So here is a crazy thought, how would you feel about bowmasters only having 2 EX? Is that too much of a nerf? I feel like it would put them more in line with the other archers and keep their primary role of late game long range cleanup intact.

A big part of the reason they are so good is that mid to late game you can dump 3 willpower into whatever needs done, break or high damage short range shots. Losing their ability to dump their will power will stop them from overlapping with the other archers roles and focus on getting better use of their ability.

They will still be able to break for 4 or 2 without will but if you want mid-late-game ranged breakers you should take siege archers
    And if you want sheer power sky strikers will still win with 8+3 instead of 8+2. But Bowmasters will still be the best endgame long range clean up.

Discussions like this are nice. Unfortunately, that's all that they will remain, as discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    So here is a crazy thought, how would you feel about bowmasters only having 2 EX? Is that too much of a nerf? I feel like it would put them more in line with the other archers and keep their primary role of late game long range cleanup intact.
    That's a subtle way of putting her in par with SA & SS. The only problem I can see is that people will end up using her even "better", i.e. lurking in the back, taking snipe-shots, waiting for endgame... And all this will end up highlighting her OPness even more

I still believe the best way to nerf her is to limit her break to 1AB, so that the SA will be the only "true" breaker-archer. Limiting her ARM to say 6 could be another way to go, making her even more of a glass-cannon, like all archers with their Puncture-passive are supposed to be: Higher-range? OK, but you'll be even more fragile at close-combat.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6