Thread: maybe already addressed but i'm at a loss

maybe already addressed but i'm at a loss

i'm sitting at lvl 6. have been for awhile. there is no downgrading your unit(would be nice option). i want to move up to rank 12 but i get headaches thinking about it.

does anyone think that rank 18 will be the norm that the community gravitates towards? or will 12 be the "be all end all"?

like i said i've got headaches but plenty of renown and too much ocd

Dev's had said they intend to keep the Tournament at power 12. Whether or not an official rank queue for power 18 will exist has never been confirmed or denied, but even the most renown laden players don't have more than a team or two worth of rank 3 units. Another thing is that it is known that some units scale with level worse than others: a power 18 bracket would expose that lack of balance.

Quite a few of us can run a variety of Rank 18 teams. I would love for more options to play it, but it won't even be near until after SP, I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kletian999 View Post
    Dev's had said they intend to keep the Tournament at power 12. Whether or not an official rank queue for power 18 will exist has never been confirmed or denied, but even the most renown laden players don't have more than a team or two worth of rank 3 units. Another thing is that it is known that some units scale with level worse than others: a power 18 bracket would expose that lack of balance.
    there is the rub

I think 12 is a good balance, means you have the option to actually chose the ranks of your troops. But I think as more players come into the game and build up to where they can have rank 18 teams there will probably be a ranked queue for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kletian999 View Post
    it is known that some units scale with level worse than others: a power 18 bracket would expose that lack of balance.
    It would expose a different balance. The other end of the scale, 6, does not have choices either (I choose to ignore the possibility to put rank 0s in because I think it's a bad idea all around). Balance is very different from 12 : some units are generally stronger (TH) and some weaker (BB) compared to 12. A league at 18 would just give us the other end of that "balance curve", with more BBs and less THs. I think it would be just as interesting and balanced as p6.
    That leaves us with the problem that pretty much nobody would play it now, and I don't see a bug user base later either. I doubt having ranked matches at 18 would change the player numbers for 18 much anyway.

stick to 6 if you don't intend on playing tourney. 12 doesnt really have enough players atm (IMO), you'll be stuck playing the same person again when you re-queue after your match. but if you'd like to get the player pool at 12 up, feel free to join haha