Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Digital Painting - Backbiter Memories

Player Space_Ghost's Fanarts (digital painting)

Well guys, this is just an idea, quick sketch and not finished yet. I Called it "Backbiter memories". Any sugestions, ideas, critics... (compliments?)

Larger here

More of my work here (on facebook, yea, I'm working on my website yet)
    Last edited by Space_Ghost; 06-01-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Great stuff you got there Space_Ghost! I like! *Compliments*

I'd expect the BB's helm to be much more battered and dented and dirty etc, but you had to have some flare/reflections, eh?

So, this is all digital, from scratch?

Thank you, Aleonymous! Yea digital from scratch, I'm studying and practicing digital painting to become a concept artist, at least I hope so.

And yea, this helm is too perfect for a BB, as I said, It's a fast sketch, I need to render it further and correct some stuff yet.

Really nice picture, Space Ghost.

Wow! That's a lot of talent in that picture. I'm really impressed. I hope you do more, cos based on that it would be amazing.

Wow... just wow! This is so cool! Definatley be sure to post anything else you end up doing! Simply to get your creative juices flowing, I imagine a Skystriker arrow in the ground next to a busted up shield would be epic. Also, a Warhawk greatsword thrust into the ground surrounded by pieces of broken armor would be right up my alley! Just some food for thought! This is so good!

IMPRESSIVE Space_Ghost - so glad you are here

Thank you, raven2134, Kuba, stoicmom and Brendan!
    I'm doing more of those for sure, this game got me hyped as hell!

Awesome.

You should do one for every class, at least. A desktop background slideshow of these would definitely encourage me to keep it clean so I can admire your work

Thank you, trisenk! I'll try to have one of each unit and some other compositions with some battles and lots and lots of Varl stuff, I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ghost View Post
    More of my work here (on facebook, yea, I'm working on my website yet)
    Those are pretty awesome too! I like your shadings and your earthly colors. Are all those digital too? What software are you using? Have you got a deviantART page?

I have a DeviantART but it's not updated at all. Those are fully digital too, I've used Photoshop CS3 to CS6 (it doesn't really matter witch one, they are very similar for painting) and I use a Wacom Intuos4 (large).
    Last edited by Space_Ghost; 05-31-2013 at 07:14 AM.

I have a DeviantART but it's not updated at all. Those are fully digital too, I've used Photoshop CS3 to CS6 (it doesn't really matter witch one, they are very similar for painting) and I use a Wacom Intuos4 (large).
    I'm too far from calling myself anything close to an artist, but I'd like to get my hands on some of those pro equipment(Photoshop, drawing tablet etc). For stuff concerning image-editing that need doing now and then, I mostly use Paint.NET, which is free and quite easy to use. Adding plugins manually helps me fill-in the "gap" between free and pro software.

Keep us posted, and I hope the game keeps on inspiring you!

Hey guys, as you can see I've just changed the post tittle to fit not just my first fanart but to be a general post for all of my fanarts.

So, here another one that I've just finished. In this one I'm like "stealing" Banner Saga concept art style, but I hope you guys feel it more like a tribute to your amazing artist and not much of a style steal. And, of course, its just an atempt to reach it because I couldn't get the density and depth of detail at this one, as it's my firt time trying to do something like this. I hope to get better though! And I hope you like it!

Larger here.

edited: ...well, I think I can't change the tittle, but anyway, I'm posting everything here.
    Last edited by Space_Ghost; 06-01-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Good god, That's amazing! Another nice work Spaceghost. I really like the atmosphere here, it's a lot like what I imagined while writing my short story. I can edit your title for you if you need, just post what you'd like it to be

Keep them coming!

PS - What's that "thing" on the silhouette's back/shoulder? Can it be a... ghost?

These are so good. I mean these are great independent of loving the Saga. The Saga Inspired components just make me love them even more! Space Ghost just "punctured" the Saga fan art section.

Thanks Brendan, raven and Aleonymous!

What's that "thing" on the silhouette's back/shoulder? Can it be a... ghost?
    I don't know exactly, I think those are just some leathers and furs. I've spent a little bit more than one hour at this painting, for me it was quick considering that it's my first time doing something like that, so I have to spend some more time to add more details to this varl silhouette and some more to the landscape too.

edited: oh, I think it's easier for me to see but that's his arm, he is blowing a horn.

I can edit your title for you if you need, just post what you'd like it to be
    Thanks! The title would be "Space_Ghost's Fanarts (digital painting)"

Space Ghost just "punctured" the Saga fan art section.
    Hahaha, I hate those punctures but if this puncture is working in my favour I think it's ok then.
    Last edited by Space_Ghost; 06-01-2013 at 12:43 PM.

WOW! thanks Space Ghost

20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Hey guys, as you can see I've just changed the post tittle to fit not just my first fanart but to be a general post for all of my fanarts.

So, here another one that I've just finished. In this one I'm like "stealing" Banner Saga concept art style, but I hope you guys feel it more like a tribute to your amazing artist and not much of a style steal. And, of course, its just an atempt to reach it because I couldn't get the density and depth of detail at this one, as it's my firt time trying to do something like this. I hope to get better though! And I hope you like it!

Larger here.

edited: ...well, I think I can't change the tittle, but anyway, I'm posting everything here.
    Lovely, lovely stuff! Thanks a ton for posting and linking your site I enjoyed browsing it.
    BB-Death concept: Very cool mood. I'm a fan of the simple rendering, but not over rendering you've got here. It shows confidence. The metal looks like metal and the simple backdrop helps the mood without detracting from the foreground. I feel you could make the helm and sword fit a little better into the scene by grabbing the sky color and massaging them into the reflections as the sky looks dingy, but the reflections make it look like a blue sky sunny day. The bounce light on the inside of the helm is a rich blue, yet there is no blue in the scene to have affected the gray metal. These are small quibbles about a concept that works really well overall.
    The second concept a la Eyvind Earl: Not bad at all. Better than my first shot at it! Once again I'd drag in some of the blue from the snow into the upper right of the sky as that snow is reflecting the sky. The dude blowing the horn (Varl?) is obvious from a glance so the silhouette works really well. Tell him to take care, however, as there are most likely dredge about and he's making his location well known. The slanted hill in the back next to the river is spot on. Well done with the straight line leading along it's crest, it's so easy to over detail this style but holding back and going for graphic shapes over realistic is the way to go. Holding back is the difficult part. When dealing with the foreground elements keep the silhouettes simple, but add internal rendering (like tree bark...etc) so the graphic style is understood as intentional.

Only offering feedback as you asked in the original link.
    Really enjoyed this post, thanks a ton for sharing your great art!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast