Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 1.10.51

The game gives me error everytime i try to log in. I did reinstall TBSF but didnt help at all <sadface>

Ah I am all for global chat, makes the game feel more alive. I can also answer newbie's questions/concerns from in-game now, something which was annoying was when i was helping someone and then i'd queue for battle lol I do agree though that a tick-off button should exist for global chat, in-game chat - and possibly future chat options like clan chat, faction chat, friends chat/whisper.

I think Tirean's idea of preset teams is great, at least having 2 slots (or unlock more with renown) for p6 and p12. But the problem of backing out and remaking team is alleviated by the fact that the queue monitor banner has "Proving grounds" shortcut under it, then "Battle" shortcut if you have the matching power you can go straight to queue.
    Last edited by roder; 07-14-2013 at 06:33 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Yes, we want to add the ability to assemble multiple parties, then it would just queue you with all of your 'active' parties appropriate for your queue. For instance if you had a power 2 party and a power 12 party, only the power 12 party would be queued in Ranked or Tourney.

Or maybe you only have 1 'active' party at any time and you can just quick-change it in the PG or the Great Hall before Queueing.

All this post-launch, though.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Tirean View Post
    Love the queue messages John

What is a little annoying though is that if I am queueing at a different power level I have to go out of the game and remake a team. By time I have done this a game could've been found for the other person. Maybe in a future patch we can have team storages at different power levels. Say you can pay renown for an extra "team slot", this then allows for us to just click a button on what power we want. Saves a lot of time.

John,

-- I noticed that the "PGs bug" is partly fixed, i.e. when removing a unit from the build, then the slot does not disappear (OK), but the rank-number of the removed unit still disappears (not OK). Anyone else having this?
    -- I wanna stress one more time how great this queue-listing is! Quick matches now hold true to their namesake
    -- Whats your incentive behind the global-chat?

Thanks for your time!

Aleonymous

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Yep I see the rank-number disappearing too.

WRT the global chat, we still have quite a few new players coming into the game every day. I want them to be able to engage the current players more easily, so they actually make it into a battle and stick around a while. If everyone is sequestered off in their private rooms, then the place looks empty. I plan to add a filter or alternate panel to the battle chat in the future. However when choosing between the twin evils of having new players come in to an 'empty' chat room, and having the battle chat a little spammier, I choose the latter for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    John,

-- I noticed that the "PGs bug" is partly fixed, i.e. when removing a unit from the build, then the slot does not disappear (OK), but the rank-number of the removed unit still disappears (not OK). Anyone else having this?
    -- I wanna stress one more time how great this queue-listing is! Quick matches now hold true to their namesake
    -- Whats your incentive behind the global-chat?

Thanks for your time!

Aleonymous

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    WRT the global chat, we still have quite a few new players coming into the game every day. I want them to be able to engage the current players more easily, so they actually make it into a battle and stick around a while. If everyone is sequestered off in their private rooms, then the place looks empty. I plan to add a filter or alternate panel to the battle chat in the future. However when choosing between the twin evils of having new players come in to an 'empty' chat room, and having the battle chat a little spammier, I choose the latter for now.
    Perfectly understandable! And, actually, it counters the "problem" created by the new queue-listing feature, i.e. that you can jump into a fight (and disappear from Strand) only after 5-10sec from logging in the game! That was a very good piece of thinking-in-advancing

If we could have the chat also available while the the PGs (I know its a little cluttered), that would aid tihis problem too. Also, when/if, in the future, more "in-Strand features" are added (now you can just browse the HoV, apart from the PGs) players would pass more time there, so being able to chat more.

Ya I love the new notices. It feels like a lot of people are in game and something is always happening XD. If we had this 2 months ago, I think we'd have kept so many more players O_O

Got a small bug for queue banners there:

Also concerning battles - you can actually enter queue when pressing "Battle" on a tourney banner, even though you haven't entered it. Gets you into non-existing queue where you wait forever or until you're bored. Seems the same as pressing "New Game" after tournament battle when you don't have any more tournament games to play.
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Also there seems to emerge some minor Elo calculation bug - I've got 1 less Elo in both my tournament matches.

First match was 1000 vs 1000, I got +15, opponent got -16 (should be +16/-16).
    Second match was 1015 vs 1000, I got +14, opponent got -15 (should be +15/-15).

Not a big issue of course, but should be watched
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

John,

Perhaps you could place a "switch" (like the /global or /g) to make messages sent from Strand-chat visible only to those in Strand, and not to the in-game ones too. This way, most of the talk will be visible to all (since using the switch is "more typing" -- that people typically avoid), but players idly-chatting in Strand won't flood other-players chat-boxes.

Just a suggestion,

Aleonymous

I've noticed some weird behavior with the Ranked-match banner.

First off, I noticed that once you click on the Quick-match banner, it immediately disappears because the challenge is considered accepted. That's fine.

But, the Ranked-match banner does not disappear when clicked. Actually, it is momentarily dropped and then re-pops up. This is related to the time-expanding search-window, right? Meaning that, even though there might be two players waiting for the window to close and match them, if a third one drops in with a closer elo to one of the previous two, will snatch the match instead.

Now, the weird behavior I've noticed is seeing the Ranked-match banner "drop and re-pop" 3-4 times while I am waiting and not leaving Matchmaker screen/queue. I am sure the opponent was just one person and that he didn't leave the queue either, because: (1) we were matched in less that 30-40 seconds and (2) our elo-difference was >400 judging from the result of the match, meaning that he'd been in the queue quite some time.

At first, I thought some players might do this intentionally (leaving and re-entering the queue) to avoid being matched vs a higher-ranked player. But, I guess few know/care about how the MMing works, so small chances of that...
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 09-03-2013 at 03:19 AM.

couple of players reported this weekend that they were having issues with the match making banners - didn't understand their description of the problem well enough to try to duplicate it here, but did give the help email and strange_carrots as a friend/reference for help, too. Something to the affect that they would click battle, but then they were sent to proving grounds and could not get battle again from there . . . that may not even be close

Quote Originally Posted by stoicmom View Post
    Something to the affect that they would click battle, but then they were sent to proving grounds and could not get battle again from there . . .
    Haven't encountered it.

If its new players, what I can think of as a probable cause for this problem is this:
    -- They have a power-X team ready AND there are power-X & -Y matches currently available
    -- They see the power-X match available banner and go-click it, but...
    -- ... exactly on that moment someone snatches the power-X match, leaving only the power-Y available.
    -- So, they are taken to the PGs in order to prepare a power-Y team, which they can't...

makes since to me! thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2