View Poll Results: I became a Kickstarter backer because of the...

Voters
1095. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vikings!

438 40.00%
  • art style / animations

796 72.69%
  • RPG elements

611 55.80%
  • premise of the story / mature game

579 52.88%
  • music (Austin Wintory)

181 16.53%
  • trailer / narrators voice

134 12.24%
  • enthusiastic / skilled developers

364 33.24%
  • other

75 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: I became a Kickstarter backer the moment I saw this frame...

Another Cracked.com devotee here, I'd never backed anything on Kickstarter before but the dedication to story was what got me. The art, Vikings, and professional excitement of the developers didn't hurt, and when they announced the possibility of an orchestra I upped my pledge to $150 just because...and I couldn't resist the opportunity to get all the awesome schwag that came along with it. Because let's be real, the kickstarter prizes are BOSS.

Came for the strategy rpg. Stayed for the art.

It looked like it might work as a good turn-based tactical RPG to fool around with. So for someone like me, I'm still dying to know the actual mechanics of the combat and class systems will work!

Same here, found it on cracked as well. I've never looked much into independent gaming like these guys but I needed something deviating from blockbuster games. $15 for everything they promise was an easy decision.

I guess I am biased, my distant ancestors were Vikings so I have a natural attraction to them out of curiosity of my lineage. The Kickstarter campaign caught my attention because of the RPG elements and I backed the project as soon as I heard Vikings get mentioned in the video.

The art style intrigued me, the trailer was great, story seemed interesting and the music was appealing but in the end all I needed to know was that the game was about vikings and had RPG elements.

The thing that sold me on it (besides vikings being rather awesome in general as a setting), was that line at the beginning of the trailer.
    "The gods are dead, this is not the problem. The problem is that everyone knows it."

I love Fire Emblem. I really wish Fire Emblem had a branching storyline that reflected my actions and how I battle.

Same with Final Fantasy Tactics. This game sounds perfect for what I want!

I was sold at one of the dialogue screens, where a male character is speaking to a female character, and you're controlling his response. She asks him "If the gods are dead, who will save us?"

One of the options is, and the one I'm going to pick if that makes it into the final game, is...
    "We will save ourselves."

Hells yeah! The gods are dead, but we remain, and we will survive!

The art style is what really got me interested in the game. The fact that they wanted something similar to 'Sleeping Beauty' (which is my all time favorite Disney movie) to me was just amazing! I'm not aware of any modern games that use hand drawn animation like this. It makes me super excited about this game and any future games that they may want to make!
    Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien

I became a backer because I liked the story behind Stoic...a couple of guys leaving the corporate game world to pursue their dreams in a risky startup. It's the biggest gamble a person could ever make, you're basically betting your life. Life will never be the same. I made the same choice as a writer years ago and I was able to meet with some success, but it definitely hasn't been easy.

The vikings were merely icing on the cake.

I became a Kickstarter to this game when my dearest friend Rowan told me about it, and I took a look at what was going on

I am really missing a RPG with a deep atmospheric story, world and characters. I am so sick of the mainstream-poo the other gaming companies released over the years, cutting out scenes or leaving half-eaten incomplete plots... and all in the name to satisfy Wallstreet investors instead of their actual customers : us

I see here a huge potential of an epic story and RPG
    "One must have seen true darkness before one is even able to recognize light." - Rhian

I decided to jump into it because of the the enthusiasm the developers showed, as well their prior work. They seemed to really want to get this game right in the tone of their choosing, and that was worth a pledge.

I find it odd that the turn-based aspect has been omitted from the poll ;-). No I have to choose other.

Love the art, the RPG, mature story, but the thing that drove me to kickstart it is the turn based gameplay.

What interested me was the art style, game-play and story ideas. What made me back was the development team, otherwise I wouldn't believe that it could be done.

I pledged to this after finding Kickstarter through the Double Fine Adventure Game. I was interested in the art and can always love a good dark (mature) fantasy story.

story & the art style for me. Luckily the gameplay ain't half bad either

Banner saga weaves all the elements of game playing that attracts me into one irresistible world. The imagery, an evolving engaging story line, myths, interaction, fighting style and the HUMOUR! The word viking drew me in but the deciding point was turn-based strategy role-playing game

I recall Vandal Hearts as being a darn tricky fun puzzle. I'm a Suikoden II and Diablo fan.

Story, Art, Premise, Music, ..Just about everything interested me to it and gave me high hopes it would be amazing.

Austin signed up to do the music after I became a backer. But, I may have come on board just for that! He did the music for our Angel Between the Lines audio drama. www.angelbetweenthelines.com
    Mid-bulk transport, standard radeon accelerator core, class code 03-K64, Firefly.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast