Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Crashing on Startup More frequent 1.10.51

Crashing on Startup More frequent 1.10.51

Have been having trouble loading the game, as it crashes multiple times before it successfully loads after a few tries. I think a few others are having the same problem seeing from global chat.

did one game today after this it crashes everytime. Tried 5+times. Reinstalled factions, restarted comp several times, nothing helps.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    SeraphimLoki please send me your log file.

Did send you an e-mail, from my alternative one cuz i cant get acces to my main, as usuall i forgot my password. My email starts with Elmo_us. Thx in advance. Today saga started for me once, when i tried to turn it on again it crashed

If dont know if any of this will help, but I'll just post my experience. I've had some similar problems back in March-April, where the game would crash the first 1-2-3 times I tried to open it. But, I am glad to say, that since then it rarely happens nowadays. I don't know if its related, but I took the habit of opening the game in this sequence:
    1. PC boots, log into windows 7 (x64), wait for on-startup AV, processes etc to finish.
    2. Open steam by the desktop shortcut, and wait for it to load properly, e.g. 2-3 minutes, while I browse the steam store or friends.
    3. Open the game (again by the desktop shortcut) or from inside the Steam-library.

I remember that most of my CTDs were caused when I tried to directly launch the game...
    • ...either from step (3) above, i.e. without first opening steam,
    • ...or by clicking on the steam-icon in the notification area (lower-right) and then selecting TBSF from the list of games.

@John
    Have you got my second e-mail cuz i havnt got any answer from you yet.
    Thx in advance for all the help.