Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TBS Music Score Recording with the Dallas Wind Symphony

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammr View Post
    I'm very excited to hear the full score when the game is released?
    But is a small sample possible before the launch of the game?
    I am sure I will post little teasers before it's released

Pillage?

Quote Originally Posted by Awintory View Post
    For clarification, we didn't use the pipe organ. It was just there in the hall. But I didn't write for it in the score. And also, I want most of it to be a surprise of course but I will say, it's not huge bombastic music. The game has an introspective, even at time mournful tone. It's not a big action blitzfest. So the huge percussion battery was actually not used so much for volume as it was WEIGHT. That said, there are a few pretty huge, loud moments
    I can't tell you how excited that makes me. Some of my favorite video game tracks have been less bombastic, more melancholy sounding. This is one of my personal favorites:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSjhKX9cmog

I can't wait to hear the soundtrack for banner saga.

Yeah, the soundtrack during the Factions games itself was delightfully counterintuitive. I was glad to hear Austin mention that he'd noticed the peculiar vibe of putting quiet, thoughtful music over a scene of men bludgeoning each other to death. That anti-bombastic, almost anti-war sensibility is part of what keeps drawing me back to Factions--and makes me really look forward to meeting it in a more full-fledged narrative context.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    As promised, here is a little tease via Vine. Comparing mockups with live recording ...

https://twitter.com/awintory/status/375830377631592448

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2