Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Let's Play: The Banner Saga PAX demo!

Number 3--fire above its head to distract it.

I was under the impression that the Dredge were a good bit taller than humans, at least the bigger ones. It is referred to as a Colossus and is said to be looming over her, so not sure why the shot would be so dangerous (assuming he's pretty skilled).

I'm sticking with 1) Shoot

This is such an exciting example on how we will have to own up to our decisions. Risk hitting Alette to go for the head shot, or leave the Dredge intact and attempt to distract it? Alette's 2D portrait is too epic to jeopardize shooting an arrow through it...

So 3! Fire safely above the Dredge to distract it

I don't think the Dredge is going to notice an arrow. I think it's safer to just shout at her.

I vote 2: Shout at her to get her attention.

Hm... quite a tough decision.

I'll go with 1, and hope that Rook thinks to shout "duck!" at Alette at the same time
    Last edited by Guğmundr; 09-05-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Án brynju, mağur er varnarlaus. Án styrks, er hann ekkert.

I'd probably shout a warning if I were actually playing, but for the demo, I vote just shoot the dredge already!

#1 Just shoot it, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Banfilidh View Post
    I was under the impression that the Dredge were a good bit taller than humans, at least the bigger ones. It is referred to as a Colossus and is said to be looming over her, so not sure why the shot would be so dangerous (assuming he's pretty skilled).

I'm sticking with 1) Shoot
    This. Going under the impression that the Dredge is indeed significantly taller, it isn't even a question. 1.
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

#2 Shout to get her attention. Like, what you should have done the first time.

Vote #1 Stop Thinking! Shoot the dredge!

Hmmm... looks like the game is screaming at me DUDE ARE YOU SURE? YOUR (sic) TOTALLY GONNA SHOOT AELTTE (sic)!!!111! Alas, I shall abide by my original decision, I choose option 1 Shoot the dredge.

If Rook's as good a fighter as we think he is, this shouldn't even be coming up. Voting #1. When you start second guessing yourself, that's when accidents happen.

I vote #1 also, for the reasons others have already said. Once you make a decision, stick with it. Second-guessing yourself usually leads to more problems than it solves. And, Rook should be smart enough to be aiming above Alette at the part of the Dredge that's towering over her, not trying to shoot it directly over her shoulder.

Hmmmm... I see a lot of #1s. Looks like cowboy attitudes are taking over Rook's best judgement

If it's not too late, it is my solemn obligation to the welfare of this people, to bring to your attention a small bit of relevant information, acquired from a (not so) unofficial "channel" . So, for those sharing mutual feelings towards the longevity of the Saga's main characters, I would urge you to search the chat-log of 5/6-Sept, some minutes after the release of the 3rd part of demo-playthru...
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 09-06-2013 at 03:21 AM. Reason: typos

#3 Fire safely above the Dredge to distract it.

I stay with: 1) stop thinking and shoot at the Dredge.

I vote for 3) - Fire above its head to distract it.

Hopefully Alette will notice as well.

Use the force Rook 1.) Stop thinking and shoot the dredge

I'm sticking with my vote of 2 (though I do second the common question of how Alette is in the way of the Dredge, given height differences.) However...I'm kinda glad 1 is being voted up. It seems the more dramatic decision.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheScott View Post
    However...I'm kinda glad 1 is being voted up. It seems the more dramatic decision.
    Aye. It seems we'll witness a drama

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast