Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Varl Fight Illustration

Awesome man! Reminds me of earlier MtG art, probably alliances set.

very impressive! nice work man!

Hey thanks for the awesome response guys!

https://www.odicart.com/ is my current portfolio, but pretty out of date due to NDA stuff. I have more recent sketches and studies on my blog here: https://nikolaodic.tumblr.com/

Here's the original sketch I'd done a while back for this painting, changed a lot since then but kept the overall composition, was mainly picking at this painting during lunch breaks from work:
    Nikola Odic
    OdicArt.com

sirgreensock - I absolutely HAD to take a minute to log in to my profile at work (shhh... ) to tell you that I absolutley love the sketch version. I mean I love the painted image (I instantly saved it the first time I read this thread), but the hard contrast in the details on the Varl's faces and the details in the background just make the sketch work so well. You have re-blown me away man! Loving loving loving your work!

This is absolutely astounding. It gives a remarkable feeling of depth and reality to the Banner Saga. It actually creates the feeling of reality for the giants and their horns. Arnie, you better watch your back with this guy!! I have made this my wallpaper on my computer. Such dedication from a backer who obviously has been really impressed with the game. I am really impressed.

All this talk of wallpapers makes me feel bad for providing such a low res image, so here's a pretty hi res image showing all the sloppy brushstrokes for your perusal :P

LINK

This is actually 1/3 of the original size, original painting is about 5000x6000px :O
    Nikola Odic
    OdicArt.com

Thank you sir! Much appreciated. (yikes, the thrasher's shield was really broken to splinters!)

Now, when can we expect your next "pickings during lunch-break" ? I'd like something in landscape this time

sirgreensock, got some help this past weekend and your depiction is now my wallpaper, too thanks!

holy cow, hope I like it? I funkin love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Poor archer didn't make it
    It looks like the Thrasher is protecting the fallen archer, so maybe she's not quite dead yet

Amazing illustration though! - I have to say, imo it's the best work you've done (from looking at your blog)...

11.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #31
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    This is superb! Mind if we share it via our social channels?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2