So, I know this topic will be controversial, I don't even know if I want it. Basically I think it is probably optimal for two skilled players to get in a good formation and pass until the other makes a mistake and moves forward, at least in some situations. This generally is not a problem because turtley players tend to be less skilled and with the advantage of first strike a good player will win anyway, but if 2 tournament players really want to play to win I think it will happen. This is because there is no reason to attack in Factions. There is no mid-map objective to take to incentivize a player into taking the first move. Really, this has been a good thing so far. It is hard to create such a scenario without granting an advantage to the first player, limiting game length, or having an objective that only matters at the end. Still, I think that in the future stalemates may become common, or at least leaves room for griefers to force a concede. Discuss? I really don't know what, if anything, should be done about this.