Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Class - Landsman

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar

New Class - Landsman

We just updated the site to include the Landsmen! He is a huge asset to your team in terms of utility and benefits.

Check out the classes section to get more detail!

His ability to mark targets will quickly give you a leg up in battle and his ability to grant willpower helps your allies tremendously.

How do you see yourself using him in combat?

***Update***

His passive ability allows him to freely move through allied units!
    Last edited by Myll_Erik; 11-14-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Interesting...

Warden - grants willpower to allies at any range. So, at ranks 1,2,3 he gives 1,2,3 of his WP to any ally, eh? Very interesting. Like a mobile horn. Depending on his stats, he might be good to save in your backlines.

The Hunter ability (as presented in the PAX videos) has been discussed a lot and is considered kinda OP, for competitive Factions implementation I mean.

Keep em coming! Also, you might consider adding also the passive abilities of each base class (e.g. Shieldwall for raiders), along with the generic description (e.g. "human melee with shields" for raiders).

We don't know if it's a 1:1 ratio, the Warden could give allies 2 willpower for each willpower he spent. If that sounds too powerful, remember that single player units might have stronger abilities than the ones we're used to.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Ah! Good point - I'll see what I can do!

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Updated with his passive ability!

Interesting. Didn't see that coming at all. I wonder what the other landsmen classes do...

If it were me, I'd pair this guy with a Warleader, a Warmaster, a couple of Siege archers and a Hunter. The Warden can hang in the back, and top up willpower as needed, whilst the Warleader, and the Hunter can hurry the Warmaster.

I'm super excited to try out the new landsman class!

I'd wager his passive, light step, will be very useful, as while playing in Factions blocking enemy units with their own Varl's big butts is a common and effective tactic!

The Warden's ability to spread the love via willpower distribution also seems pretty neat. Especially considering the amount of enemies we saw Alex facing during the Pax Let's Play demos. I bet at the end of those fights a lot of units will have burnt through all their willpower and the Warden will be a useful way to keep the Tempests coming from our worn our Warhawks

Quote Originally Posted by Slimsy Platypus View Post
    The Warden's ability to spread the love via willpower distribution also seems pretty neat.
    This is indeed very interesting. His ability*** is kinda like the Warleader's, i.e. it is neither directly offensive nor aggressive. One important thing is the WP trade-off, i.e. how many WP he gives to allies. Will it be 1/2/3 WP for the three ranks, or something more pronounced, like 2/3/4 or 1/3/5? Also, we need to see the rest of his stats He has neither shield/helm nor bow, so I guess he's melee only, and probably with limited armor. A support/backline unit in all ways!

*** An ability that transfers WP to the Horn, instead of a particular unit, would also be cool, no?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I was a bit surprised with the Warden's ability tbh, I was expecting it to be more defensive skill. Maybe because I based my assumptions on Eirik (warden) "The Iron Turtle". I still find the warden's skill interesting though, I like skills that does not deal damage(arm/str) directly. I'm still hoping that they give us more defensive skills since we have a few available. Anyway, I'm expecting him to be good friends with my Archers, Thrashers, WMs and he can also boost some maimed units and make it deal significant damage. He's pretty interesting..