Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Featured Fan Art

Quote Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
    There were some pretty cool centaur pictures...somewhere. Can anyone remember which thread those were on?
    I tend to feel a little awkward about self-promotion, but if they're the ones you're talking about, the couple that I did are on the thread titled "Celtic Centaurs" here in the Meadhall.
    For cards and art prints, visit my Celtic Art Print Gallery: http://ian-herriott.artistwebsites.com/
    "Like" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...51218704893987
    And view all of my Banner Saga Crest Designs on tumblr: http://gaelvin.tumblr.com

@gaelvin: That's right, I had your first centaur image in mind. I only just saw the second one (also very nice).

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    Please share the word - would really love to start getting some more fan art or fan fiction!
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    First come - First serve!

Here's a Steam DLC Key for a Factions Starter Pack - VQKTX-VCENP-K55KR

Woohoo, I got it!

I kinda feel bad getting that for free, so I'll share a piece of fan art I did a long time ago I've learned a lot about art since I did this, so I'm not completely happy about it anymore. Hope to do some more Banner Saga-inspired art soon!

Last edited by Guğmundr; 12-03-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Án brynju, mağur er varnarlaus. Án styrks, er hann ekkert.

Very nice. Not rendered in too much details, but the shadings and face look great to me. Is that a scanned pencil drawing, or a digital one? Actually, the only thing that bothers me is that this Varl seems like he's used a hairdrier on his hair! Oh, and his horns' angle is too right Varl were hand-crafted by the gods, right? All artists here would agree that gods generally shun straight lines
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Myll_Erik View Post
    First come - First serve! Here's a Steam DLC Key for a Factions Starter Pack ....
    Erik, most users that frequent these forums are already well equipped with units, so, I think that the Starter Pack ain't very appropriate for them. Perhaps if you announced it in-game, or did a small facebook/main-site quiz, with a question whose answer is in some of the trailer videos, the Factions intro or the website? For example, "What's the relation between Rook & Alette?" You could leave the quiz open for some time and then do a draw for the winner(s). Well, you get it; the point is to have new players browsing the site, consuming TBS stuff and getting hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
    I did those long time ago, they were supposed to be prizes for user-organized tournament, but it never finished.
    Aye. For the Vigrid tournament. The sword was called "The Chalice" Very cool. Also, the shields capture the Nordic theme very well. They look like the Thrasher's shield.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Well Gud did submit an art piece so I think it's ok he got it. Future codes would likely garner more attention on twitter/fb

11.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #31
    Indeed - more art = more codes. Ideally I'll be picking from people who submit art or other fan generated content.

Hello! I haven't been on these forums since about March. As I understand it, there was a vulnerability issue with the old forums. Well, the new forums look a lot nicer. Since Saga is nearing release, I thought I'd stop by again. I enjoy Factions, but I got busy this year and kind of stopped playing it. I'm really excited about Saga.

I made both of these back in Feb., but this first one I recently reworked into something a little looser and muddier. Neither are in the greatest completion state, however, I thought I'd share them regardless.

Someone had joked about John fighting off Nidhogg during that first week Factions was officially released. So I made a silly drawing of it. :P

..in my avatar: my wardog & blind warsheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysp View Post
    Hello! I haven't been on these forums since about March. As I understand it, there was a vulnerability issue with the old forums. Well, the new forums look a lot nicer. Since Saga is nearing release, I thought I'd stop by again. I enjoy Factions, but I got busy this year and kind of stopped playing it. I'm really excited about Saga.

I made both of these back in Feb., but this first one I recently reworked into something a little looser and muddier. Neither are in the greatest completion state, however, I thought I'd share them regardless.

Someone had joked about John fighting off Nidhogg during that first week Factions was officially released. So I made a silly drawing of it. :P
    Very nice, both of them. You put some spice in the --normally-- "icy" looks of the Skystriker there. Also, I like John depicted as a a Thor with sideburns

And, thanks for the pieces of nordic lore -- Níğhöggr & Yggdrasill

Here is a work in progress I am doing in Zbrush. Hope you enjoy it.

BdUyILBCUAE7DRL.jpg

Awesome bust, Pyramidou! Keep us posted. You gonna texture/color it?

Thanks Aleonymous.

For the texture part I don't know yet, I am thinking about making a 3d print (if I am happy with the final sculpt.)

There was this other attempt at a 3D bust ( post #15 in this thread ), a very faithful sculpting of the Warmaster character. Unfortunately, the person who made it never shared it in this forum; it was just stumbled upon in Google Images...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2