Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Rough Guide to Travel Trailer

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Aleo, what a cool diagram. May we use this for something in the future?
    You did miss one button: There is an arrow at the top of the HUD to hide the whole thing.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    The only text on the HUD (apart from the numbers) is the population breakdown: peasants, fighters, varl. I am wondering why weren't they represented with small banners too, using icons instead of text. For instance, you could have three banners with some passive/earthen/greyscale colors for the three categories, and the icons could be something like:
    • a humanoid head (or a labor tool, e.g. plow, shovel) --> peasants
    • a humanoid head with a helm (or a weapon, e.g. axe, sword) --> fighters
    • a horned humanoid head (or just horns!) --> varl
    I feared there was too much info in too tight an area to handle it with art. The icons would have either had to be really, really small or I'd have to make more room for the info. We've planned for the game to be on some pretty small devices...

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by balnoisi View Post
    i thought the soundtrack was composed using wind instruments only, yet i hear a fiddle in this video. is that part of the final soundtrack for the game ?
    Quote Originally Posted by stoicmom View Post
    There was mention somewhere in all the information that solo instruments were being added along the way by Austin, but I don't remember about the family of the solo instruments . . .
    Hey guys! Sorry been quiet on the forums lately! The music in this trailer IS from the final score, including the solo violin. That violin is the one and only string in the score, recorded separately from Dallas Wind Symphony (aka the huge orchestra of winds, brass and percussion). I will be revealing very soon WHO the violinist is

There are also quite a few vocals in the score, none of which have been revealed yet

-Austin

I stand corrected

The violin being the only string in the score should make the scene(s) where it plays quite memorable.
    For cards and art prints, visit my Celtic Art Print Gallery: http://ian-herriott.artistwebsites.com/
    "Like" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...51218704893987
    And view all of my Banner Saga Crest Designs on tumblr: http://gaelvin.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    May we use this for something in the future? You did miss one button: There is an arrow at the top of the HUD to hide the whole thing.
    I'm sure you'll come up with something prettier. But, the "ninth button" would break the eight-star pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    I feared there was too much info in too tight an area to handle it with art. The icons would have either had to be really, really small or I'd have to make more room for the info. We've planned for the game to be on some pretty small devices...
    So, space is the essence I believe that the HUD could be of even larger width, since the top of the screen is usually open sky or tree-tops, from what we've seen so far. Besides, you always have the arrow to hide the whole thing to fully take in the visual splendor! Oh, I'm sure you've tried all variations and picked the best.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

From what I've seen of the banner saga interface, there's no reason why it couldn't be ported at a tablet or even a smartphone. King of Dragon Pass works well on iPad and iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by quartex View Post
    From what I've seen of the banner saga interface, there's no reason why it couldn't be ported at a tablet or even a smartphone. King of Dragon Pass works well on iPad and iPhone.
    Indeed. The only thing that's kinda troublesome is the battle UI, with the little buttons, tile clicking etc. But, then again, I believe it's the limited timer that stresses things in Factions. For the Saga, where you'll have all the time in the world to decide, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by gaelvin View Post
    I stand corrected

The violin being the only string in the score should make the scene(s) where it plays quite memorable.
    That's most certainly the hope

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    Where's that music update/trailer thingy man?!

Yeah, no pressure, but I'm kinda waiting on pins and needles for it myself
    Án brynju, mağur er varnarlaus. Án styrks, er hann ekkert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2