Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Insane Viking Pack Pre-Order Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    am i not a fan too?
    You don't sound like a fan to me.

Seriously, Stoic is just trying to incent people to pre-order. It is a sales tactic, and a pretty generous one to the customer. Lower price AND free stuff? You should be saying "sign me up" not crying foul. I can't even believe this conversation is happening.
    Let the Sleeping Dog Lie!

See my album of Banner Saga crests here. Many thanks to everyone who displays my work!

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    i know i have no rights to anything of what was offered to the kickstarters, i do however believe that if i buy this game at release date, i should get everything that was made pre-release and is ingame related, that is the definnition of a full game!
    Well...that's just like purchasing anything else in the world - you get what you pay for, if you get the Pre-Order version you get the Insane Viking Pack. If you don't then you get the retail version. Are you saying that by purchasing the normal edition of Skyrim you should get the Ultimate Edition free or if you purchase the Standard Edition Car you should get the Luxury Edition for free?
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Myll_Erik View Post

@Yellow - you are correct some people will miss out on the discounted price and Tryggvi by not ordering now. However Tryggvi doesn't impact the game other than giving you an extra character for us in your barracks. He is not a major piece of content and he is not required to complete the game. It is meant to be a nice little extra for those fans who order early (as well as us being able to get a discounted price).
    Sorry Myll_Erik, but for me its not an issue of him being nessesary for completing the game or not, if this was the issue, then nobody would have the rights about complaining about any DLC what so ever, no matter how tiny, un-nessesary or worthless it is.

Javik from the From Ashes DLC for Mass Effect 3, is not nessesary to complete the game, was he?

The issue is that there is not even a single reason for offering in-game material made pre-release as exclusive, there are other things more suited for it. I would understand this if some publisher was pushing/pulling the strings here, but this is not the case!

Can you tell me that Tryggvi does not have any dialog with any other character during the entire story? he does not has any backstory?

Well...that's just like purchasing anything else in the world - you get what you pay for, if you get the Pre-Order version you get the Insane Viking Pack. If you don't then you get the retail version. Are you saying that by purchasing the normal edition of Skyrim you should get the Ultimate Edition free or if you purchase the Standard Edition Car you should get the Luxury Edition for free?
    Its different, Skyrim came with everythig that was finished pre-release included, the Legendary eddition was released a year after, and it included all content that was made and released after release date.... Is the banner saga doing the same?

Even so, if you buy the Witcher 3, i know that i will get the Enhanced edition for free when it is released... so how about that example?

I believe am paying for a full product no?
    Last edited by Yellow; 10-23-2014 at 06:07 AM.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    First off - you're blowing this way out of proportion. I'm not exactly sure what you're mad about as this is an option for you to get another character + get a better price. It's not mandatory nor does it impact the game.

Secondly - Tryggvi is really just another option for players to have in their barracks and he does not have any major impact on the story. If you dont want him, don't preorder. Plain and simple. He is not required nor does he block any content.

Finally - Once again, he is not added content to the story nor does he impede the story, nor does he give any extra options to the story. To your point, *if* we were selling some sort of prelude to the story or some exclusive part of the story then that would be wrong.
    Last edited by Myll_Erik; 12-18-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Tryggvi is really just another option for players to have in their barracks and he does not have any major impact on the story.
    You keep telling me this, but i have asked 10 times if he has any unique dialog or interaction with other characters and/or a backstory, but no answer regarding this has been given!!!

Like raven and Erik said, the absence of Tryggvi is unnoticeable, and doesn't really affect the difficulty level of subsequent fights, since you already have plenty of characters in your roster at that point of the game. Nor is the exclusive item missed, since there are plenty of similar ones that can be bought with renown in-game. Plus, it's not like you're paying extra, past the regular price of the game, to get these things; you're actually paying less
    Án brynju, mağur er varnarlaus. Án styrks, er hann ekkert.

You keep telling me this, but i have asked 10 times if he has any unique dialog or interaction with other characters and/or a backstory, but no answer regarding this has been given!!!
    I don't believe there is any interaction besides the one short dialogue scene where he is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Guğmundr View Post
    I don't believe there is any interaction besides the one short dialogue scene where he is introduced.
    if this can be 100% confirmed then i will shut up...

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Responded via your G+ and YouTube comment already - but he does not have anything unique about him. He does get introduced (so that he doesn't just fall out thin air) but nothing unique about him. (he is a spearman)

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Confirmed

Responded via your G+ and YouTube comment already - but he does not have anything unique about him. He does get introduced (so that he doesn't just fall out thin air) but nothing unique about him. (he is a spearman)
    Confirmed
    OK, so i am safe to assume that he is mute during the entire game after being recruited?

Just want to get that as clear as posible so i can shut up once and for all.

OK, so i am safe to assume that he is mute during the entire game after being recruited?

Just want to get that as clear as posible so i can shut up once and for all.
    Okay, just checked with stoic, and was reminded that there is one other conversation involving Tryggvi, to show a little of his backstory and personality. I believe all the units have these one-on-one conversations, so it would be quite strange if Tryggvi was an exception

It just lasts a minute or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Guğmundr View Post
    Okay, just checked with stoic, and was reminded that there is one other conversation involving Tryggvi, to show a little of his backstory and personality. I believe all the units have these one-on-one conversations, so it would be quite strange if Tryggvi was an exception

It just lasts a minute or two.
    is this conversation a one time thing, or is it divided?

example 1: during part A of the game when you meet him the first time you "chit chat" a bit with him about his story, then during part B you chit chat a bit more and so on until he has nothing new to say?

or

example 2: all the dialog happens one time when you meet him and that's it, he has nothing new to say later on during the entire game?

Yellow, I happened to play the preview/demo build/version of the game (where Tryggvi was included) and I can confirm that, too. He shows up in one moment of the story (early on), joins your crew, and doesn't interact with the story after that. So, from that point on, he's just another unit in your barracks to use or not in battle.

From what I understood, actually the story revolves mainly around 10-15 characters, with whom the dialogue & choices are really important and "matters". But, you meet many more along the way that [1] occasionally play a small part in a conversation, [2] have some special event(s) tied to them or [3] just join your team and help in the battles. Tryggvi falls in category [3]. Perhaps there's just some special event further down the road that can lead to his perma-death...? But, from what we've seen, there's supposed to be such events for all major & minor characters of the game.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Now I'm not sure I can provide any sense on the matter, but as far as the argument on "DAY 1 DLC" goes players feel like a fraction of the complete game are broken off to take more money from the pockets of excited gamers.

In this instance players are given the opportunity to pay less and have an additional character. So essentially, if you are excited about the game here's $5.00 and a character. Earnestly, it seems very strange that people are upset, but I think that is because of the pre - developed conceptions of DAY 1 DLC.

Take a minute, take a deep breath, and look over these options. I am sorry people are upset over this, but let's collectively agree nobody is doing anything wrong here.

Hi, I'm here to represent the quiet majority that doesn't care that you are rewarding pre-orrders with DLC.
    Don't be fooled into thinking everyone thinks like these ppl do. I, for one, backed you during your
    Kickstarter. If you did a tally of your Kickstarter backers and a tally of the general population
    that will buy your game, only a small minority will hav any issue with this. There's a subset of
    gamers that don't really game, but hang out in gaming forums and complain incessantly about
    what developers and publishers are doing wrong. You'll find that these ppl make thousand page
    threads about the silliest and minor of subjects, and blow them out of proportion. They don't seem
    to realize there are far bigger issues in the world than pre-order DLC, but you won't find them
    getting passionate about slavery, or poverty across the globe because this DLC business is an
    easy target. Heck, there's even a forum so you don't have to go outside! Bonus!

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Alright, and with that, let's chill out. Point is, we're happy that pre-orders are now available. Happy, happy holidays everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Happy, happy holidays everyone.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by PegasusOrgans View Post
    They don't seem
    to realize there are far bigger issues in the world than pre-order DLC, but you won't find them
    getting passionate about slavery, or poverty across the globe because this DLC business is an
    easy target. Heck, there's even a forum so you don't have to go outside! Bonus!
    Who are you to tell me what it is important for ME and what is not? So because there are "bigger issues" i should not critisise what in my opinion is wrong? just because there might be something more important? if that was the case look at how big the universe is, how insignificant aint ALL issues when you put on that scale?

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    Alright, and with that, let's chill out. Point is, we're happy that pre-orders are now available. Happy, happy holidays everyone.
    Even if i don't sound like it, i am happy about the game being finally out in less than a month! I am! but i cant help it, the way this was handled feels wrong in my opinion, and anyone calling me a troll or branding me as an heretic(not a fan) should really think twice before talking! I am not pre-ordering this, that is for sure, i like to stand by my principles.

Anyways, happy holidays.
    Last edited by Yellow; 12-18-2013 at 02:38 PM.

20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    We're happy you're happy . I think I just want to avoid a heated discussion (and people calling each other stuff). You've made a fair point, and others have raised theirs. So I think we're ok with having things end here, where it's still healthy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast