Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: More info on Tryggvi

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar

More info on Tryggvi

Howdy Folks!

Just updated the characters page to include Trggvi! Enjoy!
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

Slightly OT: Does Stoic have plans to make Tryggvi available as a (reasonably priced) DLC?

The last I heard, they do not. He was designed to be a pre-order exclusive. He doesn't add much to the game, just an extra spearman unit.

For the late-comers that are up to a tiny bit of modding -- https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...Unlock-Tryggvi Enjoy
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Finally meeting Tryggvi and listening to his small idle-chat sequence (shortly after you recruit him at Skogr), I noticed that he gives some very interesting clues about the story choices. However, they are too disguised to be of any use, especially at first-sight:

"Making of Nid" clue: Fat clansmen [...] They eat, eat, eat, don’t know how to kill a thing, Rook [...] My advice? Show them how to stick some pigs, or... stick a rabbit. A bird. You can stick almost anything, Rook.

Warning about Onef's (but not Ekkill's) un-trustworthyness: A man will look at your right through his helmet and lie. (This was previously reported in another thread, too).

Possible hint for Juno's not showing up in Sigrholm: Nobody comes looking for you in a pool of water, you know. Don’t let me waste too much time there, ok?
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 03-21-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Nice Find! Personally i didn't catch the third (in fact i waited for days in my first playthrought), but it makes really sense!
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Hah! Great post again Aleo! I'd love someday to read a full listing of 'eluded to' sayings in the game. It's quite lengthy. Alex is sly.

On a side note: No one has yet found where Tryggvi's necklace is from! It's a real world item. I thought for sure the internets would find his item by now.
    Hint: Who's the craziest most badass viking you know?

yeah it's about time

Yup, that's the one that sprang to mind too! So, TBS drawing inspiration from pop & internet culture, eh? Nice!

There was a thread here where people were crying for techno viking to participate in the banner saga
    Last edited by hreinnbeno; 03-25-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Trying to