Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Future of The Banner Saga?

The Future of The Banner Saga?

In the past in the Forum chat window Arnie/Alex have let on that the Saga's story is a grander story than encompassed in the 1/14 release and could be told in a trilogy, but will depend on the success of the of the first release.

When dwelling on this, I'm wondering now what exactly is going to determine if the entire story gets told. I would think the first would need to make enough money to justify further game development but what are you guys looking for success criteria? Being an avid follower, I definitely want to see Chapters 2 and 3 even though I haven't been exposed to the quality of Chapter 1. If nothing else, you have successfully generated a fan base and community thus far, and in some respects you could say the game has already been successful in that regard.

Also, in the event that we never do see a Chapter 2 or 3, what is Stoic planning on doing next?
    Last edited by Slimsy Platypus; 01-02-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Slimsy - this sounds like a good question for the Jan 10th Reddit "Ask Me Anything":
    https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...5353#post25353
    Let the Sleeping Dog Lie!

See my album of Banner Saga crests here. Many thanks to everyone who displays my work!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Administrator Unconfirmed Account Myll_Erik's Avatar
    Indeed - this is set up to be a Saga which includes 2 more larger stories. There are plenty of possible story arcs to explore too.
    Trample the weak - Hurdle the dead

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Slimsy, if there is enough support for Ch1 then we'll do Ch2 and if there's enough support for Ch2 we'll do Ch3.
    If, for some reason, people don't want to purchase this game we'll figure out what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    ... we'll figure out what to do next.
    There's always Factions, patiently waiting for you. Don't let it wait!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.