Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Goes LIVE!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

The Banner Saga Goes LIVE!

To everyone who's come this far with Stoic, a heartfelt thank you. We couldn't have gotten all this way without the support and enthusiasm the backers and community members have given.

Stoic is proud to finally launch THE BANNER SAGA. Catch the launch trailer below!

Happy gaming one and all! Your saga begins now.

(P.S. yes this post is just a little early). For backers getting their keys just email community@stoicstudio.com if you need help getting your copy of the game. Again thank you to everyone!

Still more than an hour
    Hoping for clear launch - I've got the whole night reserved for Saga.

As do I Rensei. I do think it is bullharky that we can't play it yet. It's completely digital. It shoulda been released at midnight, or in the AM at the very least. Rather ridiculous. But whatevs. Stoked to play!

Well I started playing at about 2:00 today, now at dinner with my lady all I can think about is playing again!

I have put in about 5 hours but now it is bedtime, I am enjoying the game immensely though! So far the visuals are great and the music is absolutely stunning. I am enjoying the fights even if they are a bit repetitive at times, the new classes and all the options they bring make up for it! I like how the dialogue choices you make tend to be difficult, and that there are really no good options. The only disappointment so far is in some of the writing, I feel that the language and tone fails to capture the setting at times. BUT overall the game has me immersed, sweating every choice and hoping for my little caravan to make it to the next town in piece! Beautifully done, Stoic!
    RK/Magnus on Twitch
    @thewritemagnus on Twitter

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    As I related early on, shortly following RTX, even then I thought Stoic and the game lived up to the expectation .

Even with the HYPE, seems people are pleased .

Oh no! It's ALIVE!

Thank you raven, thank you Stoic, thank you Banner Saga.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Put in 2 or 3 hours by now and I'm loving it.

Sometimes I wish travel was slower so that I could watch all the details better.

Quote Originally Posted by Leartes View Post
    Sometimes I wish travel was slower so that I could watch all the details better.
    Replay value, Leartes! Yeah, I'd like a "pause" (but remain in travel-view) button or something, too.

All I have to say is that The Banner Saga is everything that was promised by Stoic, and even more. Wonderful art, challenging gameplay, interesting story full of meaningful choices. And an amazing soundtrack.

First of all, this game is amazing. From the outstanding graphics, sound and music, to the challenging combat and tough decisions (and damn some of the repercussions are merciless), this is all I hoped for and much more. Thank you for doing an amazing job.

Second, there is one request I'd have: since I love the caravan scenes (you could also call them cinematics I guess), is there maybe a way to get to watch them after you finished the game, any time, without having to play thorough again? I know that I'll probably play it several times, but I find those scenes absolutely beautiful and would love to just have them a click away. Maybe they could be a reward, or achievement.

Again, thank you for this great story, and looking forward to the second and third part.

Hey guys I have a few questions about Tryggvi I'd like answered.

1) Does he have any dialogue other than the one that introduces him on the beginning of chapter 2 plus the one you can have with him on camp?

2) Is he mentioned by anyone else if you have the DLC? Or is he just a bonus character that is never mentioned by anyone else?

3) Can he die?

13.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    1. No.

2. No. Yes.

3. I don't think so, and I'll wait for someone else to say otherwise

And, a small piece of recorded history A print-screen of my Steam-Friends list about 2hrs after the release, that was on 19:00 in Greece time.

As you can see, only 3 out of the 16 persons visible there were not into the Saga: strange_carrots (on guard duty, way past his bedtime), ragnarog (he usually leaves his PC open, in Factions, when afk) and HeadOpener (playing M&M?!?). That was probably the all-time peak for the Saga, topping at ~4,400 players. Forum was down, main-site was down, Factions was down (for a time)... But, everybody was merrily pillaging! Oh, happy days
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 01-16-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Talking

Hi all. Long time no see :3

I enjoyed my first playthrough immensely. The sheer beauty of some scenes will probably stay burned into my gamer's mind for long years to come ! (that battle on the bridge ? I must have spent 15 min looking at it before actually making a single move). Huge tip of the hat to Arnie in particular here.
    I'm giddily planning some choices for my next playthrough which should happen pretty soon.

I do have some reservations about the game (some things about the menus and UI that could probably have been better, a few systems I would have liked to see more in depth, that kind of thing) but it's still pretty much everything I had hoped it to be, which is saying a lot. One thing I hate is that Chapter 2 is oh so far away, I want it now !
    ... Actually what I really want now is all that content goodness to come to Factions ASAP so I can get back to spending most of my free time there. I do understand that the guys at Stoic really should be taking a well deserved rest after the release of Saga though. But it's been what, more that 48 hours now ! Where's mah Factions 2.0 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    And, a small piece of recorded history A print-screen of my Steam-Friends list about 2hrs after the release, that was on 19:00 in Greece time.
    That was about 4 AM local time for me, heh.

I’m having a hard time figuring out what to write right now…

I guess I was always pretty sure that the game was going to be good, but not this good…
    And the thing is, the game is not good as in;

-“ you should play the banner saga, it’s a fun game!”…

good is far too weak a word to describe it…
    my English is failing me a bit right now, but you guys at stoic have created something that means more to me than I could have imagined…
    the game is just absolutely beautiful in every way, be it art, story, music or anything else.
    So, I guess I just want to say thank you for believing in your vision and having the guts to go through with it… thank you!

Just wanted to say Thank You! for this wonderful game