Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is the game bugrfree from the beginning until the end?

Is the game bugrfree from the beginning until the end?

Hello friends, a great day has arrived. I've been playing factions for a long time and I enjoyed a lot the combat and the art. My question is:

Can I play the baner saga with no problems of bugs? I want to ask this because I usually play one time this kind of games (I'm not attracted to replay the story), and I don't want to see a bug that can ruin my adventure. If there is an important bug, I can wait and play the adventure later after a patch is released.

Thanks in advance and congratulations to the developers for their big success.

should be pretty much bug-free now, but in any case game has chapter "checkpoints", so you can replay just the chapter you were in after they patch the bug
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

No big bugs, hairy and ugly... Just small unnoticeable ones, almost transparent, that only "hurt" people with OCD (like me).

Just kidding. So, from my experience, I haven't come across any game-breaking (e.g Crash-to-Desktop) bugs.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Actually, I had the "go to windowed mode and crash" bug that has been in factions for some time now. Just once though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esth View Post
    Actually, I had the "go to windowed mode and crash" bug that has been in factions for some time now. Just once though.
    I've got it twice. Though once it happened as I alt-tabbed. While annoying it really wasn't to bad since the game auto saves so much.

Well. If there's no serious bugs I'll playing it soon.

Thanks for your fast answers!!!

I had one crash to desktop during a story progression from one chapter to the next. There was a savegame at the point exactly before I started the dialog, so no problem at all - but it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Esth View Post
    I got twice, apart from that i cant remeber any other bug!
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Seems pretty good, I mean thousands playing and there are some issues, but generally good stable build.

One crash on my first playthrough

Quote Originally Posted by juanval View Post
    Hello friends, a great day has arrived. I've been playing factions for a long time and I enjoyed a lot the combat and the art. My question is:

Can I play the baner saga with no problems of bugs? I want to ask this because I usually play one time this kind of games (I'm not attracted to replay the story), and I don't want to see a bug that can ruin my adventure. If there is an important bug, I can wait and play the adventure later after a patch is released.

Thanks in advance and congratulations to the developers for their big success.
    I had the game lock up on me once during my first playthrough but that has not recurred for me yet. I am really happy with what has been delivered so far and am looking forward to more. I would love to see a tree of all the decision gates for the events and interactions.

I've experienced a few issues with sound disappearing. I have a flaky external hard drive, so every once in a while it will disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes, I will hear the Windows "something was plugged in" sound, and then all the sound in The Banner Saga will go dead. It doesn't happen every time, maybe 1/3 of the time. If I exit the game and go back in, everything is starts up again.

I've had two CTDs on loading screens (one of which was while loading a save anyway, so nothing was lost), one weird instance of Eirik teleporting across the map when I tried to attack someone, and earlier today I had a weird moment where it started playing a new music track, and then a few seconds later started playing it again over the other one (which was fixed by transitioning to a different scene). So nothing serious.

I had no crashes. Just a minor side character had some leveling up issues. (i am almost certain many people dont even got to play this person)

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlan View Post
    one weird instance of Eirik teleporting across the map when I tried to attack someone
    There was a similar bug in the demo (press preview) build concerning Rook, another Landsman-class unit. You would attempt a ranged-break (or STR-attack) and would be "teleported" to a seemingly random (but still in-range of the target) tile, and then do the attack.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

No crashes, only the one bug involving Onef.