Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

Is somebody already wrote about bug with Iver's biography after he lost his hand in a battle? Instead biography you can see a part of code.
    Also have a bug with Nid, but it may be related to other characters. After I promote Nid for 2 level, she get 10(!) points, so I maximize her traits by only 1 promotion. I think this is not normal, isn't it?

Last edited by Priceless; 01-23-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Screenshots added

Experienced these bugs as of build 2.1.65

1.While the Alette interaction with Ekkill may be fixed, Nid still mentions that he is traveling with you, even if you never took him in.

2.In Boersgard, if you load after securing safe lodging for your clansman, they are no longer considered to have safe lodging and the clan desertion event happens as such.

Not sure if bugged or designed for the following:

Difficulties reset to 'Normal' after exiting the game, i.e. they don't save the last setting used. When I completed my first playthrough I thought it was on Hard but then I got the Normal achievement. :P

When promoting a character, if I want to cancel the promotion (not click continue) I have to back out to the heroes' selection screen instead of just going back to the stats screen. It works but I feel annoyed each time I do that since I don't remember the renown costs for promotion so I click to check the cost, but then want to see stats/skill ranks again and am blocked by the promotion banner.

in the very last interactive moment, just before the final sequence you can go check the heroes tent/house. and then :

if Alette is alive, you can see her sporting that new look, but she is brought back to rank 1 ( from 5 ) with no kills also checking the background info box gives no description.

** why [spoiler][/spoiler] is not active in this forum ?
    Last edited by balnoisi; 01-23-2014 at 07:58 PM.

If a dredge scourge is in the process of summoning a new unit when the battle enters pillage phase, i.e. it becomes the last one standing when its last action is to summon, you can have pillage phase with 2 enemies.

The windows-taskbar icon, when the game is running, does not match the desktop-launch icon. The former is the Factions' one (orange-red Juno) while the latter is the stylized "B" from the logo.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Another "bug" :

Gronnulf starts with 2 exertion points on the tutorial, but later on when you check his stats, his exertion is down to 0, why? It makes him very weak early on, making us spend the early new points in something he already had at the tutorial!

at first i tough it was intended, but the more one thinks of it, the less sense it makes.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

At the end of the game, Alette was reset to level 1 and lost her item. This is possibly linked to her appearance being changed, with her putting the hood on. (The item was also not in my list anymore). This may be problematic for the sequel, if artifacts and levels are supposed to transfer.

In general it is too easy to lose items completely. If a character dies, the item should be returned to the list, rather than lost. Otherwise I will feel like I have to replay the game and always remove items from people just before they die.

I just bought the game of steam today and when i click play it loads into full screen and then I get this screen
    I've done all three and nothing has fixed this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeli View Post
    In general it is too easy to lose items completely. If a character dies, the item should be returned to the list, rather than lost. Otherwise I will feel like I have to replay the game and always remove items from people just before they die.
    I think they can add something of "graverobbery" choice - where you can keep the item of your deceased ally but suffer negative consequences of that
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    I think they can add something of "graverobbery" choice - where you can keep the item of your deceased ally but suffer negative consequences of that
    Hahaha Like a minus-Renown, equal to the cost of the item (i.e. 5xRank)?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Another bug: the "Diplomat" achievement triggered for me only at the end of the game, though the actual negotiations happened much earlier.

On Rook's special ability page the word "allies" is misspelled as "Alies"

In the event where Oddleif shows the abilities of the new archers, if you choose one of the options, you get +25 fighters, but -35 clansmen, but the text doesn't say anything to explain this, not sure if a bug on the quantity of clansmen or a bug on the text that could explain what happened.

- Bug on last battle. I got Alette to use the arrow, but she still had pierce the thread instead of silver arrow. Her abilities' tooltip showed silver arrow, but that was it. My guess is pierce the thread has overwritten silver arrow because I got her to lvl5 after the conversation that decides which character gets to use the arrow, so maybe getting an ability's new rank do that. Gotta make sure, tough, because after reloading last checkpoint everything was fine and I started a new game after that, erasing my saves (sorry about that )

- Having some random crashes where the game stops responding on windows. It happened more often after finishing training sessions, but not every time, so I don't really know what's it related to...

Does Bellower (in fight #2) have some special behavior where he will go on a rampage and take other Dredge's turns or is this a bug? I got the field down to Bellower + 4 Dredge, and suddenly Bellower started taking every single turn (the turn order looked normal, but he took every single turn anyway), absolutely obliterating the party. :P This was on normal difficulty, if it helps/matters. :P
    Last edited by Toskk; 01-27-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toskk View Post
    Does Bellower (in fight #2) have some special behavior where he will go on a rampage and take other Dredge's turns or is this a bug? I got the field down to Bellower + 4 Dredge, and suddenly Bellower started taking every single turn (the turn order looked normal, but he took every single turn anyway), absolutely obliterating the party. :P This was on normal difficulty, if it helps/matters. :P
    Bellower has an ability in phase 2 to take the next turn in response to damage. I think it appears in his stats if you select him (in phase 2 only, of course).

Just finished my first post-patch 1 play-trough, i first posted this on the patch notes thread, but i think it fits better on this thread in stead, here the bugs i encountered:

- Gronnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
    - Alette has wrong bio after she puts the hood up
    - Silver arrow is sometimes bugged(it works with hotkeys but not with the default special skill icon)
    - No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einarntof, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
    - Udins caravan dont add any numbers neither to yours(is Udin and Gronnulf the only ones on his caravan after Einarntof? no varls or figthers with them what so ever?
    - When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text says Rook woke up following Juno, but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left) (not a bug but a suggestion)
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Sometimes there are some misplaced trees during caravan travel.

2014-01-29_00001.jpg

Bug: Yrsa's coals from slag and burn stay if she is killed before acting.
    Typo: Mark Prey description - description says armor damage, Rank 1 says 1 armor damage, but Rank 2 and 3 armor break, also "alies" is missing letter "l".
    Last edited by Kuba; 01-30-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast