Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oiisac View Post
    Hi.
    Silver Arrow is not active when I get close to boss, but when he is active out of reach. i spent TWO hours trying to kill him, and now i'm ready kill my iMac
    It seems that your are out of Willpower (stars), and that's why you can't fire the arrow. Even though the patch notes say you don't require WP to fire it, you still do... That's a "known bug". Make sure you save 1WP on the silver-arrow bearer! (don't forget the keyboard shortcut, key "2", that can help activate the ability sometimes).
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I found a possible bug with the Pillage system.

If you kill everything except a Dredge that is summoning an ally, it will go into Pillage mode. The Dredge will summon an ally on his turn, however pillage mode stays in place giving everyone on your team a turn before the 2 dredge get a turn.

Hi all,

I can't seem to access any markets in any of the towns. Which sucks because I'm completely out of supplies. Am I missing something?

The latest patch / Hotfix seems to have fixed the broken markets bug. However ever since the hotfix, Rook's ability seems to be broken. Just yesterday I was using mark prey with no problem it was working fine. Today the markets are fixed but now when i use mark prey, Rook hits the enemy for armor damage, but no other allies in range take their free attacks anymore. I have tried it with melee characters point blank and archers within 3 spaces, but no matter what I do mark prey just doesn't work. The attacks from all allies in range no longer trigger. Please fix this bug as it is pretty game breaking on expert difficulty i cant progress anymore with my main characters ability broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Brobotnik View Post
    Hi all,

I can't seem to access any markets in any of the towns. Which sucks because I'm completely out of supplies. Am I missing something?
    Are you using the latest version? Patch 2 should have fixed this, see the changelog: "FIXED: Items cannot be purchased from the Market when loading from some save games"

one of my drawing aggro lowering items actually give my character more drwaing aggro, as he was killed first. the item is sibjorn's raven blood's feather

Quote Originally Posted by shigad View Post
    one of my drawing aggro lowering items actually give my character more drwaing aggro, as he was killed first. the item is sibjorn's raven blood's feather
    AGGRO is not something that can be "measured" so easily... AGRRO-reducing items will lead to your hero being ignored, only if there is another equally lucrative target, e.g. if an enemy unit can attack two of your units it will prefer the one with higher AGGRO; this does not mean that you can march up your hero, alone, in front of the enemies and they will ignore him. Finally, please note that the kill (i.e. a Strength attack that kills one of your units) is prioritized very strongly by the AI, and that's why your Sigbjorn was killed...

i know, but all the attacks that could be targeted on him, were on him, even when they could target other people.

Every time the game is exited, it crashes referencing fmodex.dll. Is this a known issue? This doesn't seem to affect playing the game but it is somewhat annoying to have to dismiss two crash notifications every time I exit the application.

I'm happy to provide more information about the install, system, and configuration if that could be of help!

<excerpt from event viewer>
    Faulting application name: The Banner Saga.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5334716c
    Faulting module name: fmodex.dll_unloaded, version: 0.4.44.34, time stamp: 0x5373442d
    </excerpt>

The game crashes for me on exit, every time, while referencing fmodex.dll. Is this a known issue? This doesn't seem to affect playing the game at all, it's just annoying to to have to close out two crash notifications whenever I quit the game. I'm happy to provide more information about my install, configuration, and hardware if that would be at all helpful!

Here's a snippet from the Event Viewer about it:
    Faulting application name: The Banner Saga.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5334716c
    Faulting module name: fmodex.dll_unloaded, version: 0.4.44.34, time stamp: 0x5373442d

I'm playing the game on Android and for whatever reason, and it doesnt always happen(not every time I attack with him) but pretty much every battle I try to use him in, Gunnulf freezes the game when I try to use him. What happens normally is I will try to attack with him and use some willpower and the attack amount will go down to 0 from like 11 look red, then the attack will never happen and the battle is pretty much frozen. I can still interact with the screen. Example is if I click the horn a star will blink but stay solid. But I cannot proceed.

Hope this helps.

I gave Gunnulf 2 Exertion and 3 Willpower back under Vognir, but having passed Einartoft, he enters battle with 1 Willpower and I can't raise it by resting. This means I can't ever use his rank 2 or 3 Tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by MeevarTheMighty View Post
    I gave Gunnulf 2 Exertion and 3 Willpower back under Vognir, but having passed Einartoft, he enters battle with 1 Willpower and I can't raise it by resting. This means I can't ever use his rank 2 or 3 Tempest.
    What is your caravan's Morale? If it is Poor (lowest grade), all heroes get a -2Willpower penalty. That could explain why Gunn starts at only 1WP (instead of 3WP, as you statted him).

What is your morale? It can affect starting amount of Willpower.

Ah, that was even pointed out in the intro, how silly of me. That must have been it, I just didn't notice with the higher Willpower characters. Thanks! We've stopped eating our own and he's back up to 2.

I have encountered a very minor bug playing TBS on my Galaxy Note 3 (Android 4.4.2): Occasionally, while playing, my phone will receive a notification. Once this happens, the notification bar stays on top of the game and cannot be hidden again. If I leave the game using my home button and then come back, the notification bar is still there. The only way around this is to exit the game entirely and restart. The only reason it's really an issue is that there is a lot of really critical information (like the amount of renown I have available in the hero screen) that can be covered up, and some buttons that become almost impossible to interact with (like the banner button in combat). I don't mind having the notification bar there the whole time, as long as the whole game is visible and can be interacted with underneath.

I also have a request/suggestion: Dialog on the Android (and I assume iOS) version is presented the same as on PC, but it seems a little susceptible to "fat finger" issues (maybe it's just me). I realize you have a lot on your plate John, but if there's an easy-to-implement way to present a more mobile-friendly interface for the dialog trees, those of us who play on our phones would be eternally grateful.

I noticed quite weird behavior during 2nd battle with Bellower: Rook was able to pass through Gunnulf (if I had permissions to attach files I would provide the screenshot). Not sure if its not a Rook special ability though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaah View Post
    I noticed quite weird behavior during 2nd battle with Bellower: Rook was able to pass through Gunnulf (if I had permissions to attach files I would provide the screenshot). Not sure if its not a Rook special ability though.
    Ahem... Rook's passive ability (called 'Light Step', and common for all Landsman base-class units) makes him able to do just that, i.e. walk through ally units! I am surprised you noticed this so late, near the end of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Ahem... Rook's passive ability (called 'Light Step', and common for all Landsman base-class units) makes him able to do just that, i.e. walk through ally units! I am surprised you noticed this so late, near the end of the game
    OMG! I did it on Hard playing for the 2nd time Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chasenyc198 View Post
    I'm playing the game on Android and for whatever reason, and it doesnt always happen(not every time I attack with him) but pretty much every battle I try to use him in, Gunnulf freezes the game when I try to use him. What happens normally is I will try to attack with him and use some willpower and the attack amount will go down to 0 from like 11 look red, then the attack will never happen and the battle is pretty much frozen. I can still interact with the screen. Example is if I click the horn a star will blink but stay solid. But I cannot proceed.

Hope this helps.
    I have experienced this bug on PC as well, which is odd, considering it wasn't happenning in previous versions of the game (I always use Gunnulf, since he is te easiest character to level up to 5).

That pretty much made me give up the game (again), seeing as I've already invested way too much renown on a hero I now can't use.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast