Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

Nid mentions Ekkill being in the party even if you don't bring him along.

If you load a game at a scripted scene:
    <Rook and Allette walking into Skogr, Rook begins inner monologue... > then load a different save before the scripted scene finishes...
    <Rook's caravan with Oddlief and so forth> then the scripted scene will continue regardless, the caravan is invisible and all party members from the now loaded save is present. Along with renown, clansmen numbers, fighters and supplies. But you will continue where the scripted scene ends. <talking to Ivar about the encroaching dredge>

This last one happened once, been trying to replicate it but maybe the patch fixed it already(?)
    Never tried to exploit it cause... well, it felt dirty
    Last edited by CSRosewood; 01-31-2014 at 03:48 PM.

I just passed a point in the story where you encounter an old abandoned building along the side of the road. Your clansmen all want to sleep there, but abandoned buildings along the side of the road are notorious for being bad places to sleep, so I thought I wisely picked the option to first 'check out what might've caused the old inhabitants to abandon it'. After a few hours of searching, you find nothing, so you figure it is OK. Then a Varl leans against a pillar and the whole thing comes crashing down, crushing your clansmen.

Now, I'm not past someone making a mistake, but I imagine that Rook, being the relatively smart guy that he is, is able to see when a building is going to come crashing down if he spends hours looking at it (and specifically looking for that kind of thing). It's quite annoying that this choice has this effect, enough so that I felt compelled to register and post here :P

I wish I'd be able to be clearer, but the best I can do is give part of the exact text that you get after the choice "It cracks and brings down a portion of the massive roof, crushing a number of clansmen beneath it."

Yeah, there's two ways to search the building, one which results to what you got and one where a varl leans on it before people start resting in there, causing it to collapse.

Typo: Ending if Rook took the silver arrow.

Ivar talking to Alette: "One ship is done, already. At the docks. I had it prepared it for Rook."

1. A small bug I found while browsing the game files:

Code:
     "[convoy] You do your best to float the various ragtag groups of your caravan across the muddy lake towards Boersgard. Things quickly go bad, between rafts pulling apart or people tipping into the murky water of the lake. Eventually you gather everyone up but you've lost precious time and supplies to the bog.",
              {
                "flagName": "6 sigrfloat"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "supplies-20"
              },
              {
                "flagName": "day-2"
    It should read "day+2" in the last line. The file is convo/part6/cnv_pop_sigrfloat.json.z

2. A typo in convo/part5/cnv_chat_destroybridge.json.z:

Code:
    "iverJorundrEnoug": {
            "content": [
              "[iver] Jorundr, enough. This fight could not have be won. They did what you were unwilling to do.",
    Last edited by Sin2x; 02-06-2014 at 07:42 PM.

I'd like to report a typo. In Chapter 5, when Rook and company reach Sigrholm, Eywind asks them to wait. If you rest there for two days, several people will say they're leaving the caravan. If you respond by encouraging them to stay, the game says, "They make it very clear they're not interesting in discussing the issue." "Interesting" should be "interested."

I have an issue where the Days counter is at "000", as I march from scene to scene, the meter doesnt advance, and my rations dont get consumed. This would be a great thing, except for I cannot rest at camp or anywhere else, so there is no way to bring back characters from injury. I think it started in chapter 3, but Im not positive. Reloading doesnt effect it, but I havent dug back through all my save games to pinpoint it yet.

I noticed another possible typo. In Ekkil's biography (the one you access by viewing him in the Heroes tent and clicking the scroll), the "makes" in "his strength and skill almost makes it worth the risk" should be "make" because strength and skill are two separate things.

I have a bug to report. When I accepted Ekkill into my caravan, I tied him and his men up. After Onef betrayed me, I had a conversation with Ekkill where I could tell him to leave, untie him, or exit the conversation and presumably leave him tied up. I chose to exit the conversation, but he still showed up in my hero roster, as if I'd untied him.

I also noticed a typo. After the same event, you have the option to talk to Oddleif. If her husband survived the attack at the start of Chapter 2, you can ask about him. If you do, she reveals that he died and says, "Its been lonely without him." The "its" needs an apostrophe because it stands for "it has."

I got another version of the infamous Silver-Arrow bug.

Rook had the arrow, he had the WP and he could take the 100% shot at Bellower. However, the UI button showed (and activated) Mark Prey, his standard ability. Using the keyboard-shortcut (2) activated the silver-arrow, normally.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I tried to start a thread asking this but it never seems to show up. Is it a bug that you start chapter 4 with 3 days of food regardless of how much food with which you end Chapter 2? Because I wasted quite a lot of renown buying food and had to restart twice until I realized what was happening. It's either a bug or poor design since you can easily start chapter 4 with no 4 AND no renown if you spent it in chapter 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranore View Post
    After leaving the Varl fortress, the game loads with only a small rectangle of the view of the travel background animation is visible. The UI widget at the top shows and functions correctly. If I go to the map and return, there is no change. If I reload, there is no change. If I leave fullscreen, and the view isn't maximized. It works. I can change the width and height freely. The animation plays smoothly. If I maximize or return to fullscreen it stops working again. I'll report back if it stops naturally. The game has worked without this problem till this chapter began. Screenshot:

ATI HD 6800, Windows 7 64-bit, playing version 2.1.32
    I am also having this problem running fullscreen at 1920 x 1080 resolution.
    Windowed mode works. Dialogue screens etc all work. Just the caravan travel is in the small top-left window.
    Help please

While leaving Strand at the start of the game, I noticed a typo. In the dialogue box that talks about the guards opening the gates to let you out, there is an extra "a" before "draw" in "expected you to draw a cord."

I found another typo. Shortly after you leave Strand, you have the chance to drink wine that the governor sent with the caravan. If you select "Drink a lot," the game says, "The odds of something happening to the caravan is low." "Is" should be "are" because the subject, odds, is plural.

I noticed a few typos in the map's descriptions and thought it would be fun to look for others. I enjoyed reading the map more than I expected, as the descriptions reinforce the idea that the world is a grim and dangerous place. In any case, here are the typos I found:
    1. In the entry for the cardinal directions, "Of the many secrets they discovered..." should be "One of the many secrets they discovered..." and "deduct" should be "deduce."
    2. In the Red River, "a impass" should be "an impasse" (note the e in impasse).
    3. In the modern longship, murkey should be "murky."
    4. In Stonehorn, "particular" should be "particularly." I would also suggest inserting commas around "and though it sits lower than any other horn."
    5. In the Spine Isles, "Denglrs Bay" should be "Denglr's Bay."
    6. In Stikill, I'd recommend inserting a comma after "Just a leaping spring from Strand" and inserting "it" before "is more likely named..."
    7. In The Undeep, there should be a comma after "sudden drop."
    8. In Whithagr, the "being" in "If Akur is known for being the most fertile farms..." should be "having."
    9. In Jarl's Howe, consider inserting an apostrophe in the title so it is consistent with the entry for Denglr's Bay.
    10. In the Hunter's Bridge, the title should be "Hunter's Bridge" instead of "huntersbridge" so it is consistent with the map. I'd also suggest changing "built specifically for the reigning king of Arberrang who wished..." to "built specifically for a king of Arberrang who wished..." if it was a past king or "built specifically for the reigning king, who wished..." if it was built for the current king.
    11. In Arber River, insert a comma before "who found good earth by the river bank..."
    12. In Ongulstaddr, insert a coma before "having discovered..." I would also suggest lowercasing the "Bay" in "the nearby bay," as you aren't referring to it by its formal name.
    13. In The Plains of Slaughter, delete the "emotions" in "furious at man's treatment of horses and conflicted emotions about their own relationship to the beasts, stole and slaughtered..." I would also suggest inserting "the horseborn" after the comma so we know who did the stealing and slaughtering.
    14. In Tinsfount, "Any travel through horseborn lands usually pass through Tinsfount where there are traveling camps set up nearly year round," "travel" should be "travelers" or "pass" should be "passes," and there should be a comma before "where."
    15. In Lundar, "the kings permission" should be "the king's permission."
    16. In Boersgard, the "it's" in "it's twin city" should be "its."
    17. In The Wandering Road, the "lead" in "the first varl king, Einar, lead..." should be "led."
    18. In The Last Gate, "in which the varl separated itself from humanity" should be "in which the varl separated themselves from humanity."
    19. In The Strait of Harrows, "straight" should be "strait."
    20. In "Stem," please fix "seemingly untouched by the surrounded by ice and glaciers." I suspect it should be, "seemingly untouched by the surrounding ice and glaciers."
    21. In The Summer Path, the comma after Frostvellr should be a period.
    22. In Reynivik, the "get" in "a potent harvest, which get sold..." should be "gets."
    23. In Wolves Maw, the title should be Wolves' Maw.
    24. In the Mireway River, the "simple" in "most travelers simple abandon" should be "simply."
    25. In the Graywater Sea, insert a comma after the marsh in "ringed in most directions by swamp marsh..."
    26. In the Gruin Sea, "nauseous" is misspelled.
    27. In Rotjford, the "the" in "by the time the reach their end" should be "they."
    28. In Bitra, "dispute of the rightful chieftain of Skogr" should be "dispute over the rightful chieftain of Skogr."

In the conversation where Ubin shows Ludin (and the player) the map for the first time, "Silverstone bay" should be "Silverstone Bay."

I hope these reports are helpful rather than irritating. I've had a lot of fun with the game.

I suspect that the Stonesinger's passive (Disease Strike) might be bugged. I have two specific questions:

• Does the debuff stay on the "infected" unit even after you slay the Stonesinger?
    • Can the debuff be transferred, e.g. by the "infected" unit onto a Dredge by regular attacks?

I've had both of the above happen to me, in that mini-boss fight on the Einartoft bridge (before Bellower shows up): So, a Stonesinger did an ARM attack on Iver and infected him. The singer died on his next turn, but Iver continued to suffer -1STR on each of his new turns. Iver, after being infected, hit a Scourge and the debuff was transferred on the Scourge (it showed on its portrait in the turn-queue). The poor Scourge eventually died from this...

Can anyone confirm or explain this?

EDIT -- OK, I now found out what happens (thanks raven2134 ). The Singer's attack directly infects the target and all units that are adjacent to the target, friend or foe. Also, any unit that terminates its move next to an already infected unit becomes infected too. Killing the Singer does not remove the infection. So, this means that this plague can be spread on both armies really fast!
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 03-06-2014 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Corrections

Tistelberry... This item smells "bugged" for the following reasons:

(1) It can be bought from the market AND found in a Godstone... (are duplicates allowed, by the way? I think they are)
    (2) Its the only Godstone-related item that is ALSO tied to a specific (kill-able) character, Hogun.
    (3) It is very LOW-rank, considering how late in the game it is found.

What do you think?

I am not sure whether it has been mentioned yet and whether it does qualify as a bug:

When playing Factions, you can use crtl + your mouse wheel to zoom in and out of the game. If you zoom out you will become aware of all the backgrounds, how they are composed and so on. Zooming out actually gives you a great feeling of the battle, it somewhat feels bigger and more meaningful. However, this all is probably is not intended.

Cheers.

- Argail

Ran into another weird bug during the Bellower fight. Here's what happened:

In the second part of the fight, Krumr and Alette were my last two units standing. Krumr did a massive ARM-break on Bello, who responded immediately and killed Krumr. This put the fight on Pillage-mode vs. Alette, who acted normally, and more precisely took a Puncture shot at Bello. Somewhere around then I noticed the Forge-Ahead flag which, for no apparent reason, showed up on the turn-queue, probably "targeted" on Alette.

Unfortunately, I was elated by seeing the move-pattern to beat Bello and so I didn't take exact account of the sequence of events... At first I thought that this UI "event" (the FA flag appearing) was normal for the Enraged ability, and I hadn't noticed it before. So, I replayed the fight once more (without Krumr, and on Easy) and didn't see it again. I am e-mailing you (John) the log-files, in case you need 'em.

EDIT -- OK, I understood what happened there:
    • When you in Pillage-mode, many Dredge vs. one player unit...
    • ...and Bellower is last (not first) in-queue of the Dredge units (because it was he who probably downed your 2nd last unit)...
    • ...and you attack Bellower thus triggering his Enraged passive and bringing him back forth in queue...
    • ...then does this FA-flag appear, "targeted" on the Dredge unit who would normally act after your pillaged unit.

I guess you employed the FA-mechanic as a "tool" to implement the "turn-snatching" caused by Enraged and the flag is a left-over
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 04-24-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Hi.
    Silver Arrow is not active when I get close to boss, but when he is active out of reach. i spent TWO hours trying to kill him, and now i'm ready kill my iMac

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast