Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

Not a bug but a sprite issue. A bow will apear when Eirik attacks/break with his back facing the screen (It triggered when he was facing North/West position).
    Last edited by Tatski; 01-16-2014 at 12:05 PM.

I'm working through chapter 4, I fought my first war, charged in and did pretty well. After winning, I decided to mop up the remnant and handily defeated 4 more dredge. The next time I had a battle, I did the same thing. I should have realized that being outnumbered meant the odds would be worse, when I decided to attack the flee dredge after my victory I was presented with 6 more dredge. Ouch. I tried my best, but lost. In the death scene of a certain character I saw the following typo:

Many warriors fall in the retreat. "It will take take, but we'll have to go around the village," says Mogr.

My first loss in the game, but I doubt it will be my last. Loving it so far!

So I lost the battle against Ekkill's men but didn't get the game over and got kicked out of the city, so I just continued playing.

But later on I got an event with Alette talking about Ekkill being in our group with a guy named Olef I never met. The event assumed that somehow I recruited them.

Same in chapter 6 when Nid says she was angry I let Ekkill in the caravan.

Not gamebreaking but bothering !

Bug: Enemy AI not taking an action.

Hello,

I experienced a bug in Chapter 5 where an enemy AI character moved to a location then didn't do anything else, essentially locking the game. I had to quit and restart the battle. Here's a video of it. I have not tried again and do not know what caused it or if it is repeatable, but still felt it should be brought to you guys attention.

Had a travel event on the road to Sigrholm, travelling along the high pass, right after the town starting with H. The event let me stay the night in a ricketty abandoned fort. I took a risk and lost some Clansmen, but my clansmen count didn't change.

Spelling error while talking to Eyvind in Sigrholm. Took the long way around the high pass, when I first got to Sigrholm I talked to Eyvind and at the end of the conversation he said; "The menders are in Arberrang. If we can find ships and make it the capital, we might have a chance." Should be "to the capital."

Biggest issue is that the game crashes after a longer bit of playing. Rensei also mentioned this. Also happens to me in Factions. It feels like a memory leak to me since it gets worse as it goes. I am guessing it is because Adobe is used, or is the main thing used. Remember hearing the developers mention that Adobe updated while they were making the game and they could no longer test game play as much afterward, when they had their Reddit Ask Me Anything. So I just assume it is a memory leak and it is Adobe's fault and it probably can't be fixed on the developers' side. I'm on Windows XP. I figure the Adobe problem interacts a bit differently with different OSes. Anyway, I'm sure it is a known issue.

I shut both games down intermittently and then open them right back up to stop the memory leak. it gets old though.

I'm likely out of my depth, but at certain (not all) "loading" screen shots it would be interesting if the game could call a function to stop the Adobe engine -- utilize some scripts or code outside of Adobe, then start Adobe back up with it's memory leak extinguished, then finish "loading." Seems possible. Any solution faster than me exiting the game and re-opening the game before a problem occurs.
    Last edited by LearningTheCurve; 01-16-2014 at 11:10 PM.

During the mutiny scenario it said Egil died but I already lost him at the big bridge.

Not necessarily a bug but might be; when you use ranks two and 3 of mending touch it spends the willpower first then gives armour for half the remaining willpower. This makes using rank two and 3 completely useless until you have 11 or more willpower. Intended? I get that it can be a very strong spell if your enemies are focusing a single high armour target, but it doesn't seem overpowered.

Hakon's in game (during cutscenes/conversations) character has silver... accessories on his mustache, but his in game portrait (when selecting him for battle for instance) has gold accessories. His character portrait on the character page is the same (https://stoicstudio.com/characters/). Not sure which is supposed to be right, but I'm guessing changing the character portraits would be easier then the in-game animations for cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by gotthammer View Post

- when I used Rook's "Mark Prey" ability on a dredge ranged unit (slinger?): the ability triggered, multiple units attacked the dredge (including ranged attack from 2 of my archers) slinger moved (was moving while taking damage, if I remember the animation sequence correctly). After moving and damage had been dealt (it survived), the combat turn didn't progress/move to the next turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by simon280586 View Post
    I just had exactly the same issue, using the same ability. I have the log if needed, but can't seem to attach it here.
    Same issue here. Fighting war on the way to Sigrholm - Used Rook's mark prey on a Slinger which triggers hits by Tryggvi and Alette - Slinger moves away and then the battle doesn't progress. Tried it twice and both times same thing happenes.

Bugs:
    • The red bleed indicator on the initiative bar disappears on the slingers since they walk straight away. The effect then only works occasionally in the following turn (e.g. on the slinger's next, but not in every other case they are moved about by friends or foes).
    • I found some other lacking markers as well, though I think it was in the case of a varl which had 3 active ones (one about him being injured, then two others of which one didn't display on the bar or in his info when clicking him, but it was still active). Can't remember the details since it's a couple of days ago, and I didn't make a note of it.
    • I believe hitting the Escape key at some point in battle (probably the beginning while the camera is moving - can't remember) sends the game to windowed mode to crash, rather than bringing up the menu.

Some inconsistencies:
    • Some events simply do not correspond with the state of your saga, e.g. I got some dialogue about Ekkil and Onef after leaving the city behind, even though I went for the *killing the thugs* option (i.e. Onef was wasted straight away, and then I told Ekkil to get lost and killed more of his guys for round 2).. i.e. without the event about anyone catching up and joining. Still Allette speaks to him regularly.
    • Another one is this:

(there are no varl present in the caravan)
    • At the end, when fetching the silver for the arrow, there is a screen saying something like "... you follow Juno ...", to be followed by this:

Minor but immersion breaking.

Other:
    • Glowing bombs are hidden under dead bodies, which is both impractical and illogical.
    • A blinding slingshot works even if its strength effect shows as "deflected". Not sure whether this is good or not, but it's rather minor in any case.
    • Finally one I'm not sure about:

Does the Skystriker actually cause two times the strength damage, or strength damage twice? I didn't test it out since I wanted to win that battle with minimal losses, and otherwise didn't have a suitable time to test it. (My point being that Rain of Arrows 2 should say "causing strength damage twice" rather than "causing 2x strength damage" for clarity if that is the case, since the difference between hitting with 7 strength twice and 14 strength once is major).

Skystriker shoots 1/2/3 arrows in the air (depending on ability level). They do normal str (including pierce if she didn't move), normal str +1dmg and normal str +2dmg upon triggering (or when Your unit is unfortunate to land there before she gets her next turn).
    Minimum damage is 1 + (1+1) + (1+2) = 6 dmg, but can get out of control with proper preparations (can get over 100 with +str or crit items).

In Your example lets say she didn't move before shooting, uses rank 2 and she has 7 str:
    - if the big 17/12 guy triggers the trap, he will be hit for 1+2 = 3dmg
    - if the small, already stripped of armour 6/12 guy triggers it, he will be hit for 4+5 = 9dmg
    the more armour stripped, the better, though this particular ability is more about control and not having to worry about one big dredge, rather than dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Rensei View Post

- Iver's description after his "transformation" reads {ENTITY:iver_desc}
    - Nid starts at level 1 with like 10 points. She is now level 2 with only two points missing to be completely maxed.
    - Game crashes after a longer session, just like Factions did.
    ^This, also:

-After leaving Einartoft(if you get the approval to destroy the bridge) it is said in a conversation that half the garrison supposedly joins you(this is bugged however, the varls and fighters do not actually join/add to your caravan)

-A little bit later on, Uvin also join you with his party(but this is also bugged no units get added to the total you have)

-Nid description is one of the default archer ones from Factions
    Last edited by Yellow; 01-17-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

In the tutorial, enemy Chieftain has generic Trasher portrait. It would be nice to have his portrait in correct colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rensei View Post
    Skystriker shoots 1/2/3 arrows in the air (depending on ability level). They do normal str (including pierce if she didn't move), normal str +1dmg and normal str +2dmg upon triggering (or when Your unit is unfortunate to land there before she gets her next turn).
    Minimum damage is 1 + (1+1) + (1+2) = 6 dmg, but can get out of control with proper preparations (can get over 100 with +str or crit items).

In Your example lets say she didn't move before shooting, uses rank 2 and she has 7 str:
    - if the big 17/12 guy triggers the trap, he will be hit for 1+2 = 3dmg
    - if the small, already stripped of armour 6/12 guy triggers it, he will be hit for 4+5 = 9dmg
    the more armour stripped, the better, though this particular ability is more about control and not having to worry about one big dredge, rather than dmg.
    That's what I expected, but not what the description text says at all, so I assumed it was changed. ~> The description needs improvement!

PS: I was setting the upcoming 10/7 up for a triple Arc Lightning shot. Later in the same battle I set up and executed a quadruple:

SPOILER!
    - Rook was unable to shoot the silver arrow - for some reason his Hunter ability was overriding the spell. Solved it by using keyboard shortcut [2]

I got "Nid" to Rank 4 Bowmaster. - I cannot use the points i got because all her States (exept Abilety which you cant raise with States points) are already maxed out.

Armor 8/8
    Strength 10/10
    Willpower 12/12
    Exertion 3/3
    Break 2/2

Is that a bug ?

I'm against the Bellower phase 2 and he gain initiave also when i hit on armor (his skill say he gain it when is hurt - so when STR are aimed, no ?)

Quote Originally Posted by D_W View Post
    Hello,

I experienced a bug in Chapter 5 where an enemy AI character moved to a location then didn't do anything else, essentially locking the game. I had to quit and restart the battle. Here's a video of it. I have not tried again and do not know what caused it or if it is repeatable, but still felt it should be brought to you guys attention.
    I got this too. Well I'm pretty sure it's chapter 5 (fighting on the bridge to help destroy it). Won the first battle against the Dredge, then the battle straight after against the Varl, twice the AI has moved towards one of my units and done nothing. So I'm pretty stuck right now

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast