Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

I think I'm experiencing a bug (though it may very well be that I am dozy and missed something completely) in that I never get an item as a reward for winning the second battle in a war (i.e. when you chase the routing dredge).
    From the language of the options and from what people have said on the forum I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that you get a random item for doing that, but I've won at least five of those encounters with no reward other than glory (and fame). Anyone else have this happen to them?

Question View of traveling cropped at the beginning of Chapter 6

After leaving the Varl fortress, the game loads with only a small rectangle of the view of the travel background animation is visible. The UI widget at the top shows and functions correctly. If I go to the map and return, there is no change. If I reload, there is no change. If I leave fullscreen, and the view isn't maximized. It works. I can change the width and height freely. The animation plays smoothly. If I maximize or return to fullscreen it stops working again. I'll report back if it stops naturally. The game has worked without this problem till this chapter began. Screenshot:

ATI HD 6800, Windows 7 64-bit, playing version 2.1.32

Quote Originally Posted by Avangantamos View Post
    "Spoiler" you have been warned. While I was trying to destroy the bridge, anytime a varl got to choose who to attack (was standing next to 2/more people) he would not finish his turn. at that point I cannot take any actions besides opening the menu and either closing or reloading the game. next time I try im going to just have to hope to set it up with them all stuck with only one option to attack, but that hasnt been fruitful so far.
    I can corroborate this, happened to me as well, game stopping bug which is really annoying.

Edit: Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/Kg9NAl3
    Last edited by Olodyn; 01-18-2014 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Added screenshot

Ouch

This sub-forum is Factions Help & Support. The mods/admins should move this to a more appropriate location.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Ouch

This sub-forum is Factions Help & Support. The mods/admins should move this to a more appropriate location.
    My apologies. Yes please, move this to the correct support forum.

Also, for the record, I don't seem to have access to a Support forum for the non-Factions game.
    Last edited by Dranore; 01-18-2014 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgensager View Post
    PS: I was setting the upcoming 10/7 up for a triple Arc Lightning shot. Later in the same battle I set up and executed a quadruple
    Zapping! I've also done a quad-arc (once), but didn't capture it on screenshot so well!

Quote Originally Posted by Rensei View Post
    Rook was unable to shoot the silver arrow - for some reason his Hunter ability was overriding the spell. Solved it by using keyboard shortcut [2]
    What? There are keyboard shortcuts in-battle ?!? I've had something similar with Rook. The silver-arrow ability would activate, but the target (Bellower) wasn't selectable, even though he was in range (and his ARM equal/below my STR).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I got "Nid" to Rank 4 Bowmaster. - I cannot use the points i got because all her States (exept Abilety which you cant raise with States points) are already maxed out.
    That's certainly a bug. I think that Nid was intended to be "given" at Rank-5 (not Rank-1) so that you get to allocate her 8 points yourself, just how it happens with Eyvind (and some other rank-maxed characters like Sigbjorn [the red WH]).

Quote Originally Posted by Meuhoua View Post
    Is that a bug ? I'm against the Bellower phase 2 and he gain initiave also when i hit on armor (his skill say he gain it when is hurt - so when STR are aimed, no ?)
    I don't know what was intended. The ability surely "works" this way too (albeit the poor Stonesinger doesn't get to act at all in this fight! ), in which case they should just change the description.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #47
    Yes, with things busy (and the forums actually not so post heavy atm), the organization hasn't been a big deal (yet). We'll get around to it eventually.

Thanks for reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
    I think I'm experiencing a bug (though it may very well be that I am dozy and missed something completely) in that I never get an item as a reward for winning the second battle in a war (i.e. when you chase the routing dredge).
    From the language of the options and from what people have said on the forum I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that you get a random item for doing that, but I've won at least five of those encounters with no reward other than glory (and fame). Anyone else have this happen to them?
    Eurydice I'm in the same boat, I've done half a dozen extra fights for loot and got nothing. I've talked to others on the forums though and some people have gotten items almost every fight. It sounds like it's not a bug but since the gods are dead the rng is just wacky.

Minor Spoiler: Character Death Bug

In my first game I got to the point where you can recruit the Thrasher twins and chose to side with them, then failed the battle. The epilogue to the fight said they lay dead in the field for fighting against the town, but then they ended up as part of my roster and came up in some events.

Spoilers ahead, so be warned;

I jobbed Onef back in Frostveller (I think, anyway - attacked the food cart), and left Ekkill back there as well. Never had him try to join my group at all, just sic some thugs on me before I left. But now, just after Wyrmtoe, apparently Alette's been talking to Ekkill somehow! I went and killed Mr Crazy Eyes (hey, he wasn't available in my heroes list, and nobody rides for free! ), but I've still apparently got Onef with my caravan, despite him being 6 feet under and his body being hundreds of miles away.

This is actually my second run through the game, and I specifically *don't* want those 2 with my caravan this time for...reasons. I'm hoping this bug isn't going to keep thinking they're in my party later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFryer View Post
    When I boot up the game and it enters the title screen I see no menu and no matter what button I press or wherever I move the mouse and click I cannot go any further.

I somehow managed to make the menu appear once and got into the game. I was able to load the game and everything worked just fine.

But now when I could play the game again, I press escape on the title screen and try to resume or to load a game it doesn’t work. There is seemingly no games to load when I click resume it goes back to the title screen.
    I have this problem as well. My save files look like they're intact, but I can't load anything because they don't appear on the loading screen. I've copied out my save folder, and I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranore View Post
    After leaving the Varl fortress, the game loads with only a small rectangle of the view of the travel background animation is visible. The UI widget at the top shows and functions correctly. If I go to the map and return, there is no change. If I reload, there is no change. If I leave fullscreen, and the view isn't maximized. It works. I can change the width and height freely. The animation plays smoothly. If I maximize or return to fullscreen it stops working again. I'll report back if it stops naturally. The game has worked without this problem till this chapter began. Screenshot:

I am also experiencing this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFryer View Post
    When I boot up the game and it enters the title screen I see no menu and no matter what button I press or wherever I move the mouse and click I cannot go any further.

I somehow managed to make the menu appear once and got into the game. I was able to load the game and everything worked just fine.

But now when I could play the game again, I press escape on the title screen and try to resume or to load a game it doesn’t work. There is seemingly no games to load when I click resume it goes back to the title screen.
    Here are some pictures to show you what is happening.

I'm having this exact same issue and I haven't seen any resolutions for it yet.
    Anyone know what the deal with it is? I'm really eager to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBear View Post
    Eurydice I'm in the same boat, I've done half a dozen extra fights for loot and got nothing. I've talked to others on the forums though and some people have gotten items almost every fight. It sounds like it's not a bug but since the gods are dead the rng is just wacky.
    Ah! Glad I'm not the only one cursed by dead gods... I'll keep butchering Dredge then and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by ChudCentral View Post
    I'm having this exact same issue and I haven't seen any resolutions for it yet.
    Anyone know what the deal with it is? I'm really eager to play this game.
    Update - I figured out what was causing my problem, this might apply to ChudCentral and ChrisFryer as well. Basically, my save file got messed up. In my case, it's because I opened it up in a text editor and started futzing around without really knowing what I was doing, but once I undid my changes, the game menus and loading screen started working normally again.

If you're not the kind of person who likes to edit game files, something you might try is going into your users/(your user name)/appdata/roaming/thebannersaga directory, finding the save folder, and deleting the most recent save (make a copy first and move it to another directory, just in case).

Quote Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
    Ah! Glad I'm not the only one cursed by dead gods... I'll keep butchering Dredge then and see what happens!
    I'd wager that the chances to get an item from taking up a second-wave increase for Hard. It's only to be expected, right? Confirmation would be appreciated.

I noticed two minor things: 1) In camp there are some varls, even your caravan has zero varls. 2) In first meeting with Mogun and Hogun, Mogun is mirrored, so he has scar differently on his face, but I guess this applies to almost everyone.

A couple of bugs:

When you pin the game to taskbar in Windows 7 it boots a different game menu offering the option to load either Banner Sage or Factions but the mouse buttons don't work. Nothing is clickable and you end up having to alt-f4 to exit.
    When you open the steam overlay it freezes the game, alt-tab wont close it, using the hyperlink steam offer will but the functionality of the overlay is useless.

Beautiful game, very much enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranore View Post

This problem is associated with screen resolution size. When I increased my screen resolution it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I'd wager that the chances to get an item from taking up a second-wave increase for Hard. It's only to be expected, right? Confirmation would be appreciated.
    Good point, I've only played on normal so far. I'll try on hard and see if that makes a difference!

By the way, seeing as we're pointing out typos, I noticed that "ice floes" was spelt "ice flows" in one of the map descriptions. Sorry I can't be more precise but I'm not home right now so can't check.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast