Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

Ok, don't know if this bug has been reported before, but the game keeps getting stuck when I use the Skystriker's Rain of Arrows ability. I think it only does this against the dredge, but I'm not sure.

Basically what happens is that when an enemy walks onto my chosen square, it gets hit and stops as it should. But then the game does not proceed to the next characters turn, it just gets stuck on the turn of the enemy who has just moved into the arrow strike. I can select people to view their life, but nothing I do seems to get the turn to progress. I've had it happen two times in a row now (fighting at the wall in Boersgard). It makes the Skystriker pretty useless, as their ability just breaks the game if used successfully.

I'm playing it in linux, so it may be a bug only with the linux version.

I've found a huge amount of localisation errors and typos (Russian translation). Tell me please, where should I send them?
    Thank you!

Resting without food still boost morale. I believe some have reported this before.

Xbox One Version:

Hello,

I've been waiting for this game to be ported to Xbox One since before the initial release. I'm really excited to be playing it - thanks for a great game!

However, I wanted to point out a couple of issues that I've had. One minor and one major.

I'm sitting on 3 achievements that should have unlocked, but didn't. 2 for kills as specific characters (Siege Archer and Provoker), and one for the second godstone. Everything unlocked fine up until this point. There seems to be other people complaining of this issue as well - for other achievements. It may be on the Xbox side (sometimes achievement unlocking can be wonky and they show up days later).

Secondly, I was playing today near the end of Chapter 3 (I had just used fire as a distraction for the upcoming battle) and upon loading up the fight (after the party screen) the game crashed and sent me back to the Xbox Home screen. I thought nothing of it and reboot the game. At the main menu I find that it's only allowing me to load a save from the end of Chapter 2 from 1/13/16. Now, I had played on 1/14 and on 1/15 - and had also reloaded saves from Chapter 3 on numerous occasions and had seen them in my "load list", however now they are all gone.

I'm definitely perturbed at having to replay the Chapter as I'm on hard mode and trying to fight every battle possible. More than anything, though - I don't want to see it happen again. So, I'm worried to continue if it's only going to be a waste of my time. I don't know if it's an issue with the save system, or cloud saves, or what, but it's got me bummed out.

Additionally - I just started another playthrough on Normal. I created this on a different save profile from the main Banner Saga menu - Profile 2. I played through until late Chapter 3 (just before where I lost my last save). I opened the load menu and confirmed that I had game saves available. I exited to the main menu from the pause menu and shut my console off. Turned my console back on and there isn't even a save on Profile 2 - period. Another 4 hours of gaming wasted. I feel like I'd have to beat the entire game in one sitting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by eohjay View Post
    Xbox One Version
    Hello. Hmmm, these sound like port-specific problems (achievement unlocking, save-game handling etc), so I can't help as I don't have an XBox. I heard Stoic mentioning problems with the XB1 port shortly after released, but you may need to wait a bit for them to be addressed...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by eohjay View Post
    Xbox One Version:

Hello,

I've been waiting for this game to be ported to Xbox One since before the initial release. I'm really excited to be playing it - thanks for a great game!

However, I wanted to point out a couple of issues that I've had. One minor and one major.

I'm sitting on 3 achievements that should have unlocked, but didn't. 2 for kills as specific characters (Siege Archer and Provoker), and one for the second godstone. Everything unlocked fine up until this point. There seems to be other people complaining of this issue as well - for other achievements. It may be on the Xbox side (sometimes achievement unlocking can be wonky and they show up days later).

Secondly, I was playing today near the end of Chapter 3 (I had just used fire as a distraction for the upcoming battle) and upon loading up the fight (after the party screen) the game crashed and sent me back to the Xbox Home screen. I thought nothing of it and reboot the game. At the main menu I find that it's only allowing me to load a save from the end of Chapter 2 from 1/13/16. Now, I had played on 1/14 and on 1/15 - and had also reloaded saves from Chapter 3 on numerous occasions and had seen them in my "load list", however now they are all gone.

I'm definitely perturbed at having to replay the Chapter as I'm on hard mode and trying to fight every battle possible. More than anything, though - I don't want to see it happen again. So, I'm worried to continue if it's only going to be a waste of my time. I don't know if it's an issue with the save system, or cloud saves, or what, but it's got me bummed out.

Additionally - I just started another playthrough on Normal. I created this on a different save profile from the main Banner Saga menu - Profile 2. I played through until late Chapter 3 (just before where I lost my last save). I opened the load menu and confirmed that I had game saves available. I exited to the main menu from the pause menu and shut my console off. Turned my console back on and there isn't even a save on Profile 2 - period. Another 4 hours of gaming wasted. I feel like I'd have to beat the entire game in one sitting at this point.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...h_banner_saga/

Apparently it isn't just me - here are other users reporting it as well.

I have Banner Saga on Android and it keeps crashing during the battle between Eyvind and the Stonesinger. This has happened 4 or 5 times. It doesn't happen at any particular point, just sometime during the battle. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

One of the training missions in BS2 seems to be bugged for me (on PC).

In the mission where Sparr needs to insult Bolverk and keep him from taking a turn, the insult doesn't prevent him from doing so and I immediately fail (checking off the "Insult Bolverk" objective.)

I was also sort of expecting to start in Pillage since it's a three on one fight, but that didn't seem to happen.

A big bug on Banner Saga on Steam (PC): In a training session with Holfi, maybe the 4th, you must cancel Bolverkīs turns until the end. Thatīs perfect, only I only have three adversaries including Bolverk, which never gets Bolverk behind Sparrīs turn, so the training always fails.

I read somewhere there should be 4 and that this bug affects many players. Please, I need the renown badly!
    Last edited by axltrauts; 04-24-2016 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add platform

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post

- Gunnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
    - Alette has wrong bio after the battle with Bellower, when she puts the hood up.

- After the fight with Bellower, during Alettes and Iver conversation, Alettes picture is different depending on the perspective(In one she has the hood up, on the other she does not)

- No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einartoft, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
    - Udin's caravan don't add any numbers to yours when they join you shortly after leaving Einartoft!
    - When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text it says "Rook woke up following Juno", but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.

- There is a typo when talking to Tryggvi the first time(after leaving Skogr) He says that we should not trust men with helmets, that they look at "your"(should be you) trough their helmet and lie....

- The camp screen does not match the composition of your caravan: Sometimes you have 0 valrs but on the camp screen there are several displayed; sometimes you have more varls than humans, but on the camp screen there is 100 humans for each valr, etc.

- The "far travel" caravan on the background, does not match the actual caravan composition(even if your caravan has varls, clansmen and fighters, only one type is displayed on the background picture)(this is hard to notice because of the small size, but once noticeable it breaks immersion)

- There is a misplaced tree in the background(shortly before Onef betrays you)

- "Exertion" sometimes gets bugged when your hero has 0 willpower left, even if you use the horn to regain willpower, the character remains unable to use it, as the exertion skill gets stuck on 0 for the current hero until next turn.
    - Ivers missing arm changes depending on perspective, sometimes he is missing his left arm, sometimes he is missing his right arm.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 3-5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left. (All other Characters that join so late into the game start maxed out already)(not necessarily a bug but rather a suggestion)
    None of these bugs from The Banner Saga 1 have been addressed yet.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Quote Originally Posted by axltrauts View Post
    A big bug on Banner Saga on Steam (PC): In a training session with Holfi, maybe the 4th, you must cancel Bolverkīs turns until the end. Thatīs perfect, only I only have three adversaries including Bolverk, which never gets Bolverk behind Sparrīs turn, so the training always fails.

I read somewhere there should be 4 and that this bug affects many players. Please, I need the renown badly!
    Quote Originally Posted by aseth View Post
    One of the training missions in BS2 seems to be bugged for me (on PC).

In the mission where Sparr needs to insult Bolverk and keep him from taking a turn, the insult doesn't prevent him from doing so and I immediately fail (checking off the "Insult Bolverk" objective.)

I was also sort of expecting to start in Pillage since it's a three on one fight, but that didn't seem to happen.
    Thanks guys. There seems to be a problem with the enemy spawner in that Scenario: It produced less enemy units than intended. Maybe with a couple or retries you could get the right number of enemies to complete that objective, but still. It is mentioned as fixed in the first patch of game shipped a couple of days ago (on Steam).

This seems to the best place to report typos in The Banner Saga 2. So far, I've found two.

In the conversation with Eyvind Rook has near the start of the game, there should be a space before and after the second hyphen in "It might sound cold, but the two things - grief and duty-can be separated." Alternately, delete the spaces around the first hyphen so the two hyphens are consistent.

In the chapter where you take control of Bolverk, if you try to turn clansmen into fighters when you have none, the trainer says you made a rule about not training less than 50 people. "'Don't train less than fifty maggots into fighters at a time you said" should have quotation marks and a comma after time.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but whereas Dytch usually block paths of ennemies when he is invisible, a skulker managed to stop on the same tile as I placed Dytch to prevent an attack on Folka!

Quote Originally Posted by gripho View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but whereas Dytch usually block paths of ennemies when he is invisible, a skulker managed to stop on the same tile as I placed Dytch to prevent an attack on Folka!
    Skulkers tend to do that... I haven't seen this leading to crash or other fatal error, but it's surely annoying. The common problem with this behaviour is that you sometimes can't select the skulker for an attack from the board, only from the turn-queue portrait.

I'm playing on Steam and the game randomly loads a previous save. For example, I tried quitting the game and when I pressed "A" on my controler, instead of quiting, it took me to the previous chapter! Is there anything I can do to fix or prevent this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    I'm playing on Steam and the game randomly loads a previous save. For example, I tried quitting the game and when I pressed "A" on my controler, instead of quiting, it took me to the previous chapter! Is there anything I can do to fix or prevent this?
    Hi and sorry for the delayed response. You post got buried somehow, and wasn't approved so as to show-up properly. Have you found a solution to your problem?

which game did this occur in 1 or 2?

we've seen difficulties like this on the ps4 version.. temporary solution has been to reload latest save and it usually does not reoccur
    Last edited by Spat Bandit; 01-31-2017 at 04:07 PM.

I think I could manage to avoid the shieldwall_armor bug.
    I've done some research into this bug(https://steamcommunity.com/app/237990...44349175299442) last year, but i've struggled with the decompiler.
    Meanwhile there's a new version of the decompiler. Now I was able to recompile all affected source files.

Is there a possibility to get a new BS1 patch soon? I will share my edited source files if this will speed up the process.

If not, is it allowed to share my recompiled version of 'app.game-saga1.air.swf' with the community?

Hello Gestaltzerfall, and welcome

I don't think a Saga1 patch should be expected soon (with the ongoing Saga3 KS), but I hope they will get round to fixing this serious bug affecting both games.

I am sure you can shared your moded version of the affected file (app.game-saga1.air.swf). No one from here will object, at least!

I've modified the follwoing classes:
    engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_IntStatMo d
    engine.stat.model.Stat
    engine.stat.model.StatMod

My goal was to pass the abilities ExecutedId from engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_IntStatMo d.remove() to engine.stat.model.StatMod.annotateMod(param1:int).
    So I had to clone several functions during the call hierarchy... So no other abilities and effects will be affected.
    engine.stat.model.Stat
    • public function removeMods(param1:IStatModProvider) : void
    • public function modify(param1:int) : void
    • public function setValue(param1:int) : void
    • private function annotateMods(param1:int) : void

• public function internalConsume() : void

The crucial parts were:

engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_IntStatMo d
    Code:
     override public function remove() : void
          {
             // pass the parameter through my cloned method in engine.stat.model.Stat
             this.stat.removeModsWithExecutedId(effect,effect.ability.executedId);
          }
    and

Code:
      public function annotateModWithExecutedId(param1:int, _loc2_:int) : int
          {
             var _loc3_:ILogger = null;
             _loc3_ = Logger.instance;
             var _loc4_:int = 0;
             var cnt:int = 0;
             cnt = 0;
             if(this.provider && this.provider.ability && this.stat && this.stat.provider && this.stat.provider.effects && this.stat.provider.effects.effects)
             {
                while(cnt < this.stat.provider.effects.effects.length)
                {
                   // added a additional check to modify the ability with correct executedId
                   if(this.provider.ability == this.stat.provider.effects.effects[cnt].ability && this.provider.ability.executedId == _loc2_)
                   {
                      if(param1 > 0 && this.amount < 0)
                      {
                         _loc4_ = Math.min(param1,0 - this.amount);
                         this.amount = int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(this.amount + _loc4_)))))))))))))))))))))));                    
                         return param1 - _loc4_;
                      }
                      if(param1 < 0 && this.amount > 0)
                      {
                         _loc4_ = Math.max(param1,0 - this.amount);
                         this.amount = int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(this.amount + _loc4_)))))))))))))))))))))));                     
                         return param1 - _loc4_;
                      }
                   }
                   cnt++;
                }
             }
             else
             {
             }
             return param1;
          }
    PS:
    I've used Jpex Flash decompiler for decompile/recompile
    https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/

Edit: Changed Quote-Tags to Code-Tags for better readability
    Last edited by Gestaltzerfall; 02-02-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast