Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

Thanks for the breakdown; I hope it's useful to the technical guys Also, I hope those 24 int(.) calls are a kludge solution of yours and not something professional coders wrote
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Thanks for the breakdown; I hope it's useful to the technical guys Also, I hope those 24 int(.) calls are a kludge solution of yours and not something professional coders wrote
    I think this int casts came from decompiling process. They were already been there, when I opened the file.

Edit: removed broken file
    Last edited by Gestaltzerfall; 02-03-2017 at 11:15 AM.

I have not tested it extensively, but there seems to be a problem on promoting heroes causing a console error. Maybe a script get screwed during the recompiling?
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    I have not tested it extensively, but there seems to be a problem on promoting heroes causing a console error. Maybe a script get screwed during the recompiling?
    Yeah, quite possible.
    I have to admit i focussed on BattleMode and didn't tested extensively CaravanMode, camp or unit promotion. Maybe I was a little bit too enthusiastic.

I try to reproduce this bug.

I can reproduce this behaviour.
    I think the reason is that during my analysis I recompiled the code with V9.0.0 of the decompiling tool.
    Now with the newer version of the decompiler I used that already recompiled file to work on...
    I think the game engine didn't liked that.

So i took the original file and mady my modifications from scratch...
    No more erros on promoting characters. Tested also chapter 2 -> chapter 3 transition, one war, training battle, several dialogues, resting and market

Edit:
    Removed link
    Last edited by Gestaltzerfall; 02-05-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Tested it a bit and seem there aren't any errors, but i think there is still something missing about that faen shield wall bug, it's in part still happening:

I've noticed two things:

a) When backbiters do a Run througt ability, the unit benefiting of his shield wall bonus didn't lose it until it moves, in its next turn;
    b) It seems that the bonus is correctly removed, but in certain circumstances (wasn't able to reproduce it with my units) the game behave as his reamining armor was unattattackable.

This for sure is a nasty bug to track down :/

Tested for some time and it seems that there's a bug handling armor dmg.
    Armor dmg is only applied to base armor, but not to modified armor.
    I think that's intended by Stoic.

When dealing some armor dmg, the shieldwall effect will be internally consumed. But the armor will not be lowered.
    Later when removing the effect the engine thinks the affect was already processed.

Technically you have to check and adapt every effect/ability that deals armor dmg and every ability/item that gives you extra armor.
    But maybe its sufficent to lower the armor by 1 when the shieldwall effect is removed, no matter if the effect was already consumed.

Have to think a little bit about that...

I've decided the pragmatic solution and now armor will lowered by 1 as default, when shieldwall effect is removed. I think that is all right, since armor bonuses are not breakable anymore.
    Modifying every ability, that could break armor, would be too complex.

Tested the following abilities:
    • Normal armor breaking attacks
    • Slag&Burn
    • Battering Ram
    • Bloody Flail
    • Sundering Impact
    • Return the favor

Trying to test some more during the week.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w4nskd...game-saga1.zip
    Password: Name of the final journey destination in Banner Saga 1 (The first letter is a capital letter)

@stoic
    Please contact me if you want me to remove that file. I will remove it as quickly as possible.

By the way:
    I think there's another bug with Battering ram.,, Sometimes the game does not recognize that you were pushed through other units and deals no extra armor dmg.

Did some research into this BatteringRam bug.
    The collision is recognized correctly, but the effect is processed on the next tile.
    So the armor dmg appears only when at least two other units, which are standing direct next to each other, are affected by battering ram. Even in this case the effect is called only once instead of two times.

Unfornately its called through an generic EventListener, so its relatively hard to fix this.

Code:
    [INFO]  3253 71533 (ABL ) Execute [43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1]
    [DEBUG] 3253 71533 (    ) BattleAbility.executeTargetEffectDef() npc+8+fighter_archer_b batteringram_start
    [DEBUG] 3253 71533 (    ) Effect.execute EXECUTING 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] target=npc+8+fighter_archer_b tile=null
    [DEBUG] 3253 71534 (    ) Effect.executeOp Op [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1] DefOp [BATTERING_RAM, batteringram_op] null [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
    [DEBUG] 3253 71534 (    ) Effect.executeOp Op [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1] DefOp [BATTERING_RAM, batteringram_op] OK [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]] result=OK
    [DEBUG] 3253 71534 (    ) Effect.execute EXECUTED [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] result=OK
    [DEBUG] 3253 71534 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDAnim time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null anim=abl_batteringram killing=null] sync=null
    [DEBUG] 3253 71535 (    ) Symbolic request for unknown variable [trn_tip_pas_heavyimpact] returns zero
    [DEBUG] 3253 71535 (    ) BattleTurnCmd INCOMPLETE EFFECT: BattleTurnCmdAction [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1]] term=true
    [DEBUG] 3329 72817 (    ) ChainPhantasms.animEvent CASTER_abl_batteringram_hit applyTrigger delta 0
    [DEBUG] 3329 72817 (    ) ChainPhantasms.animEvent CASTER_abl_batteringram_hit endTrigger delta 1500
    [DEBUG] 3330 72820 (    ) ChainPhantasms.applied abl_batteringram:batteringram_start true
    [DEBUG] 3330 72820 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executeSynced apply from null
    [DEBUG] 3330 72820 (    ) Effect.apply 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]
    [DEBUG] 3330 72820 (    ) Effect.apply batteringram_start APPLY OP Op [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1] DefOp [BATTERING_RAM, batteringram_op] OK [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
    [INFO]  3330 72821 (ABL ) Execute [44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1]
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) BattleAbility.executeTargetEffectDef() npc+8+fighter_archer_b battering_arm_dam
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) Effect.execute EXECUTING 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] target=npc+8+fighter_archer_b tile=null
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) Effect.executeOp Op [[44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] null [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) Effect.executeOp Op [[44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]] result=OK
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) Effect.execute EXECUTED [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] result=OK
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDAnim time=0 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=null anim=gethit killing=die] sync=null
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null sound=strike] sync=null
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) ChainPhantasms.applied abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam true
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executeSynced apply from null
    [DEBUG] 3330 72821 (    ) Effect.apply 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]
    [DEBUG] 3330 72822 (    ) Effect.apply battering_arm_dam APPLY OP Op [[44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
    [DEBUG] 3330 72822 (    ) Effect [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] added tag DAMAGED_ARM
    [DEBUG] 3330 72822 (    ) BattleMusic TRAUMA 0.003289473684210526
    [DEBUG] 3330 72825 (    ) Symbolic request for unknown variable [trn_tip_pas_heavyimpact] returns zero
    [DEBUG] 3330 72825 (    ) Effect [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] added tag KNOCKBACK_SOMEWHERE
    [DEBUG] 3330 72825 (    ) BattleMove.setCommitted [npc+8+fighter_archer_b [5,5] -> [5,1]] steps 4 reason=Op_BatteringRam.apply mov=[npc+8+fighter_archer_b MOVEMENT 3 (base 3, mod 0)] wil=[npc+8+fighter_archer_b WILLPOWER 6 (base 6, mod 0)] bonus=1
    [INFO]  3348 73135 (    ) WalkTilesBehavior npc+8+fighter_archer_b collided with npc+0+fighter_backbiter_3 at [5,3]
    [INFO]  3348 73135 (    ) #### moveIntersectEntityHandler [5,2] & 1x1 SW
    [INFO]  3348 73135 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile[5,2]
    [INFO]  3348 73135 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile.numresidents2
    [INFO]  3348 73135 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 1
    [INFO]  3348 73136 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_        npc+2+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,2]
    [INFO]  3348 73136 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 2
    [INFO]  3348 73136 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles target        npc+8+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,2]
    [INFO]  3348 73136 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_        npc+2+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,2]
    [INFO]  3348 73136 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 3
    [INFO]  3348 73136 (ABL ) Execute [45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1]
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) BattleAbility.executeTargetEffectDef() npc+8+fighter_archer_b battering_arm_dam
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) Effect.execute EXECUTING npc+2+fighter_archer_b [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] target=npc+8+fighter_archer_b tile=null
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) Effect.executeOp Op [[45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] null [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) Effect.executeOp Op [[45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]] result=OK
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) Effect.execute EXECUTED [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] result=OK
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=null sound=gethit_armor] sync=null
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null sound=strike] sync=null
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDAnim time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null anim=gethit killing=die] sync=null
    [DEBUG] 3348 73136 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=null sound=vocalize_gethit_armor] sync=null
    [DEBUG] 3348 73137 (    ) ChainPhantasms.applied abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam true
    [DEBUG] 3348 73137 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executeSynced apply from null
    [DEBUG] 3348 73137 (    ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSprite time=-1 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=apply vfx=VfxSequenceDef [id=arm_hit] rotate=false color=4294967295 alpha=1] sync=apply
    [DEBUG] 3348 73137 (    ) Effect.apply npc+2+fighter_archer_b [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]
    [DEBUG] 3348 73137 (    ) Effect.apply battering_arm_dam APPLY OP Op [[45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
    [DEBUG] 3348 73137 (    ) Effect [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] added tag DAMAGED_ARM
    [DEBUG] 3348 73137 (    ) BattleMusic TRAUMA 0.006578947368421052
    [DEBUG] 3348 73138 (    ) Symbolic request for unknown variable [trn_tip_pas_heavyimpact] returns zero
    [INFO]  3348 73138 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 1
    [INFO]  3348 73138 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_        npc+8+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,2]
    [INFO]  3348 73138 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 2
    [INFO]  3348 73138 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles target        npc+8+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,2]
    [INFO]  3348 73138 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_        npc+8+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,2]
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) WalkTilesBehavior npc+8+fighter_archer_b collided with npc+2+fighter_archer_b at [5,2]
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### moveIntersectEntityHandler [5,1] & 1x1 SW
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile[5,1]
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile.numresidents1
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 1
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_        npc+8+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,1]
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 2
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles target        npc+8+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,1]
    [INFO]  3356 73268 (    ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_        npc+8+fighter_archer_b  R  1  ABL  ACT  ALIVE  VIS  COL @[5,1]
    [DEBUG] 3361 73338 (    ) ChainPhantasms.ending... abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam
    [DEBUG] 3361 73338 (    ) ChainPhantasms.ended abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam
    [DEBUG] 3361 73338 (    ) ChainPhantasms.cleanup abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam
    [DEBUG] 3361 73338 (    ) BattleAbility.checkCompletion COMPLETED [44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1], children=0
    engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_Battering Ram
    Code:

private function moveIntersectEntityHandler(param1:BattleMoveEvent) : void
          {
             var _loc2_:TileRect = target.rect;
             caster.logger.info("#### moveIntersectEntityHandler " + _loc2_);
             _loc2_.visitEnclosedTileLocations(this._visitIntersectedTiles,null);
          }

private function _visitIntersectedTiles(param1:int, param2:int, param3:*) : void
          {
             var _loc5_:ITileResident = null;
             var _loc6_:IBattleEntity = null;
             var _loc7_:BattleAbilityDef = null;
             var _loc8_:BattleAbility = null;
             var _loc4_:Tile = board.tiles.getTile(param1,param2);
             caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles tile" + _loc4_);
             caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles tile.numresidents" + _loc4_.numResidents);
             for each(_loc5_ in _loc4_.residents)
             {
                caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles 1");
                caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_" + _loc5_.getSummaryLine());
                if(_loc5_ is IBattleEntity)
                {
                   caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles 2");
                   caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles target" + target.getSummaryLine());
                   _loc6_ = _loc5_ as IBattleEntity;
                   caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_" + _loc6_.getSummaryLine());
                   if(_loc6_.alive == true && target != _loc6_)
                   {
                      caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles 3");
                      if(this.alreadyHits[_loc6_])
                      {
                         caster.logger.info("Op_BatteringRam.moveIntersectEntityHandler SKIPPING " + _loc6_ + ", already hit");
                      }
                      else
                      {
                         this.alreadyHits[_loc6_] = _loc6_;
                         _loc7_ = manager.factory.fetchBattleAbilityDef("abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam");
                         _loc8_ = new BattleAbility(_loc6_,_loc7_,effect.ability.manager);
                         _loc8_.targetSet.setTarget(target);
                         _loc8_.execute(null);
                      }
                   }
                }
             }
          }

Found a workarround faster than i thought. The BattleMoveEvent parameter in moveIntersectEntityHandler contained the original target.
    Just had to swap them...

First test looks fine. I think i can provide a further patch tomorrow.

engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_Battering Ram
    Code:
     private function moveIntersectEntityHandler(param1:BattleMoveEvent) : void
          {

var _loc2_:TileRect = target.rect;
             var _loc2_:TileRect = param1.other.rect;
             _loc2_.visitEnclosedTileLocations(this._visitIntersectedTiles,null);
          }
    Last edited by Gestaltzerfall; 02-06-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Wow! You rock! I really hope this get the attention it deserves from the devs!

Good catches, Gest! Thou rock, indeed

I'm repeatedly bugging Stoic about this Shield-Wall bug. I've also reported the Battering Ram once, and event sent them log files. Both problems are hopefully in QA by now, but the problem is that there's no clear ETA for the next (if any) update to the game... In any case, apart from these fixes, it's best to identify & save clear test/repro cases for when these bugs do occur, as I think it's unlikely that they will just adopt a solution from "some guy in the forums"!

I'm repeatedly bugging Stoic about this Shield-Wall bug. I've also reported the Battering Ram once, and event sent them log files. Both problems are hopefully in QA by now, but the problem is that there's no clear ETA for the next (if any) update to the game... In any case, apart from these fixes, it's best to identify & save clear test/repro cases for when these bugs do occur, as I think it's unlikely that they will just adopt a solution from "some guy in the forums"!
    Getting those fixed would definitely be nice. I certainly hope we get at least one more update at some point, even if the focus should rightly be on BS3 at the moment. Does anyone know if the caravan issue with reloading at Boersgard was fixed in the last update? I know Stoic should be aware of it but that's probably the one that annoys me most. I saved those people, damn it; they should stay saved.

Indeed, these fixes are just workarrounds and not a reliable solution. But I'll try to describe and pinpoint the root of the evil...

The a new version contains a fix for BatteringRam(hopefully). I'll rarely used this ability, but I think now it matches with description.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/5w926q...game-saga1.zip

Password: Name of the final journey destination in Banner Saga 1 (The first letter is a capital letter)

@stoic
    Please contact me if you want me to remove that file. I will remove it as quickly as possible.

Totally cool bug report, Gestaltzerfall
    I wish learn how to do that things you did :]

Two little things from my tbs-week:
    A ghost of Gudmundr is here - https://i.gyazo.com/651f651d0d901391...1b9de6f4fa.jpg

Endless rest loop (seems not a bug, but a feature):
    https://i.gyazo.com/023b777d4ed09ee7...ff2fcd3096.jpg
    Last edited by Tiraglarm; 02-06-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiraglarm View Post
    Two little things from my tbs-week:
    A ghost of Gudmundr is here - https://i.gyazo.com/651f651d0d901391...1b9de6f4fa.jpg

Endless rest loop (seems not a bug, but a feature):
    https://i.gyazo.com/023b777d4ed09ee7...ff2fcd3096.jpg
    Please report the first one in the dedicated Steam sub-forum for Russian localization.

The second one is a shortcoming of the AI, I guess. Intentional, I would say. Unfortunate too

The first is a complete oversight: they totally forgot the possibility, there is no alternate dialogue and no condition check.
    Wasn't it already reported? It's not localization related.

I have it crossed out in my list (#23), that's why I assumed it's a Russian-related bug...

The problem not in a translation, but in fact that Folka talks about Gudmundr as a living person. It's look like №23 problem, but why it crossed?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast