Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any way to save Egil?

What we need is to find one of the one in a million people (last time I check the global achievement stats .3% had gotten the achievement!) that didnt have Egil die in that scene and figure out the choices they made. I am wondering if maybe the solution isn't doing well but losing so many people that losing Egil then would drop you below a full roster and TBS doesnt let the event do that to you...?
    That or some sort of very obscure decision far in the past must be deciding this.

EDIT: I will be replaying and seeing if Onef can be kept from joining the party. I thought he autojoined but cant really remember so far back.
    Last edited by Shady314; 01-16-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady314 View Post
    EDIT: I will be replaying and seeing if Onef can be kept from joining the party. I thought he autojoined but cant really remember so far back.
    You just should tell Onef to shut up when you first met him. But you won't get any supplies from the town this way.

I saved the boy.
    Just stop Onef joining the party as slim suggests it is really that simple.
    I equipped him with an item that restored one willpower per turn which allowed permanent stonewall

Egil the Immortal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeCheeba View Post
    I saved the boy.
    Just stop Onef joining the party as slim suggests it is really that simple.
    I equipped him with an item that restored one willpower per turn which allowed permanent stonewall

Egil the Immortal!!!
    Confirmed: just stop Onef from joining with you by killing him when he chases your caravan down.

Onef= evil

Ekkil was just his lapdog pretending to be a psychopath who "took da town over, George".

By the gates, in the city where they both join You, I waited for the cart and ambushed it - it was led by Onef and it seems I got rid of him. How did You stop him from joining the party LeCheeba?

Quote Originally Posted by 6u5 View Post
    I must have done something much different than all of ya'll, Onef is the one that betrayed me and Ekkil ended up being a decent person. Nvm, think i just misunderstood some of the posts.
    Same here but Onef kills only Eigil for me (Might have something to do with level, like if Eigil is max level he blocks (mine was lvl 2), The chieftains Wife (Oniesomthing) lives by healing (lvl 4). And yea i get that it's Onef thats been running Frostvellr (Bad guys) and is a WIFE KILLER?!, But they also say that Ekkill tried to point out Onef as a traitor which i did not get as an event. (Only doubt was on Ekkill) so it might be possible to avoid the event by not having Frostvellr join at all?

When I got to the gates Egil suggested another route into the city,
    underneath some water way that way you bypass having to ambush the cart.
    I just went to the gates tried a few options then up popped Egil with some help.
    When inside your confronted with Ekkill and later on by Onef,
    it is here that you can refuse Onef joining the party and enjoy the boy wonder for the rest of the game

On my first playtrought, when i reached that point my morale was very low, and i had lost almost all of the caravan because of starvation :/ so i tough that was the cause, but then on the second playtrought my morale was normal and i had not lost a single man yet, i also had all the heroes with me but the mutiny still happened...

Furthermore i went and loaded a checkpoint right before the thing happened and tried almost every dialog line to see if i could talk him out of it, to my surprise it seems you can not, however there might be one single line that can stop it so further testing is required before talking him out of it can be ruled out as a possible solution.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

When I got to the gates Egil suggested another route into the city. Underneath some water way, that way you bypass having to ambush the cart. Just go to the gates try a few options Egil suggests the alternative route.
    When inside your confronted with Ekkill and later on by Onef, it is here that you can refuse Onef joining the party and enjoy the boy wonder for the rest of the game
    Next time through I'm letting Ekkill and Onef join and I'm going to try and route out the treacherous Onef, I believe that you have to confront Ekkill after Allette has spoken to him.
    I'll report back.
    Sorry for double post
    Last edited by LeCheeba; 01-17-2014 at 06:49 AM.

When I got to the gates Egil suggested another route into the city. Underneath some water way, that way you bypass having to ambush the cart. Just go to the gates try a few options Egil suggests the alternative route.
    When inside your confronted with Ekkill and later on by Onef, it is here that you can refuse Onef joining the party and enjoy the boy wonder for the rest of the game
    Next time through I'm letting Ekkill and Onef join and I'm going to try and route out the treacherous Onef, I believe that you have to confront Ekkill after Allette has spoken to him.
    I'll report back.
    Sorry for double post
    Thanks, i'll be waiting for confirmation, as not letting Onef and Ekkil join, means at least 200 clansmen + 100 fighters + 15days of resources that wont be coming your way(not that it matters much apart from the resources)

So i would rather save the refuges and let everybody join and then try to kick Onef out...(if this is possible)

I'll report back.
    Sorry for double post
    Confronting Ekkil after talking to Alette is when I killed Ekkil my first playthrough. I look forward to seeing how it goes for you.

Thanks, i'll be waiting for confirmation, as not letting Onef and Ekkil join, means at least 200 clansmen + 100 fighters + 15days of resources that wont be coming your way(not that it matters much apart from the resources)

So i would rather save the refuges and let everybody join and then try to kick Onef out...(if this is possible)
    With fewer clansmen and fighters the supply you have will last longer though . Anyways I do not know if it is a bug but the fights scale to the caravan size anyways. Turns out there is NO purpose to saving the caravan. Let them starve and spend your renown on making your people all rank 5 and actually buying some good items.

SPOILERS AHEAD

So in my playthrough i didn't have egil at the time of mutiny and no one died except the betrayer. Now i wonder what would happen if you haven't killed anyone with the girl.... would she deliver the same outcome?

Solution.. don't bring Ekkil or Onef along.. if they aren't with you, they can't betray you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady314 View Post
    With fewer clansmen and fighters the supply you have will last longer though . Anyways I do not know if it is a bug but the fights scale to the caravan size anyways. Turns out there is NO purpose to saving the caravan. Let them starve and spend your renown on making your people all rank 5 and actually buying some good items.
    I know there is no purpose/reward for keeping your caravan alive, but i find it rather satisfactory keeping my band together and in good conditions, it gives me a sense of accomplishment and makes the game a bit harder/more interesting, i would love however if for x number of people alive every x amount of days you would get an x amount of renown as some sort of reward for the investment...

I agree, if they gave 10% of surviving clansmen in renown per godstone visited it would make it worthwhile to do everything you can to keep those clansmen alive. Especially since the "human" side of the trip is much more starved for supplies and renown.

I'm hoping that the modding idea I put up earlier in another thread gets some traction, as a LOT of minor issues with the story, balance, etc could be fixed or redone by the community through mods.

I enjoy how i posted a confirmation, and everybody ignored it and kept pestering LaCheeba(sarcasm).

Oh well, i guess that's just an attempt to make us Polacks look better (glares at Rensei).

Just remember that if you give renown as a reward for having a healthy and happy caravan you're just making it easier to maintain that caravan via markets. The markets have way too much supply for sale for that to be remotely balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBear View Post
    Just remember that if you give renown as a reward for having a healthy and happy caravan you're just making it easier to maintain that caravan via markets. The markets have way too much supply for sale for that to be remotely balanced.
    True, the issue is that right now(specially while playing on hard) you are almost forced to choose between being able to level up your heroes beyond level 3 or keeping your caravan alive, this needs a bit more of tuning by either increasing the renown gained by battles and events and/or by reducing the amount of supply one can buy from each market...

While on the Varl caravan the supply is not at all an issue and you can pretty much level everyone, on Rook's side its impossible to level up your guys without suffering heavy looses due to hunger, and yes we are supposed to have a harder time leading refuges than leading a military convoy but i think we should not get so heavily penalized for trying to do the right thing and saving lifes.

In less words: some minor tweaking is required in order to find a middle ground...

so let me ask something: no matter what happens, inviting Onef to the party results in mutiny and Egil's death and Oddleif being run through (and subsequently saved by the Mender)?
    Also, does Alette killing him count against the achievement?

So, Onef=mutiny, period? That... Seems really off. Everything else in the game so far has been great, and at least reasonable. But Onef flipping and deciding "lolno, I don't like strangers! Except you guys who've saved me so far!" and killing folks is just too out of the blue, especially for there to not be a way to counter it. The entire dialogue tree before it is irrelevant, it just happens? Not to mention, in-game, Onef is next to useless for me; I've never touched him, whereas Egil is Rank 4 and Odd is Rank 3... It just fails to make sense on any level. Even other choices where a character dies, I don't feel that I've been cheated out of it, but this one just leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

Edit: Also, why do I lose Egil's item? It's not like it was a running battle or anything, the poor kid's corpse is probably still right there..
    Last edited by mindflare77; 01-18-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast