Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: Any way to save Egil?

  1. #1

    Any way to save Egil?

    Not by shouting at Allette. Interested in restarting to see if I can save both of them (then do the rest for real) anyone manage to save them both?

  2. #2
    I took them both into battle i believe and they both joined

  3. #3
    Backer Slimsy Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    368
    There are certainly ways to save Egil! A piece of advice: don't fret to much over trying to do everything perfectly. You will find very soon that The Banner Saga is a harsh and unforgiving saga. Also even if Egil survives round 1, keep a keen eye on him because he is prone to death

  4. #4
    Spoilers obviously I guess....

    Don't take him with you when first given the option. I told him to take Alette to the Longhouse and went alone with Iver. I ended up having Tryggvi in that fight also because I preordered which made it a bit easier. I believe Egil joined in on the next fight and both he and Alette are fine so far after that.

  5. #5
    Is there a way to save him from the "mutiny" after the first fight with Bellow? And if yes, that is the last time you have to save him, right?

  6. #6
    Backer Slimsy Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    368
    Granted that there is a Steam achievement for Egil surviving until the end of the game, I would assume he can indeed survive all potential scenarios.

  7. #7
    Member Dysp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    40
    Enchantment? ... ENCHANTMENT!

    ..no?

    ---

    In my first play through, I lost him immediately. I felt terrible. In this second play through I'm going to try to keep him alive, we'll see how it goes.
    ..in my avatar: my wardog & blind warsheep.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by uriele View Post
    Is there a way to save him from the "mutiny" after the first fight with Bellow? And if yes, that is the last time you have to save him, right?
    Yeah, I'm unsure of this because that's when he bit it for me as well. That scene was just...out of nowhere. It seemed like half of my team just up and bit it, lol.

  9. #9
    does anyone know how to stop he who shall not be named from being a giant prick?
    im losing a third of my team lol and its kinda lame because it does not seem telegraphed...

  10. #10
    Senior Member roder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    215
    There is an achievement for keeping Egil alive until the end. so it is possible....just difficult

  11. #11
    Senior Member Rensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wrocław
    Posts
    237
    For first encounter - keep him and Alette out of the battle OR take them with You, then choose shoot the dredge line.

    As for the "surprise, mothafucka!" moment (seems it cannot be avoided - the person joins in as unconditionally as it does what it does) - my guess is You need to have someone else in Your team by that time, to have him/her die instead of the boy (I'm assuming the Super Thrasher Bros, the married one has a "death note" where You read how his wife mourns him, but he died on me earlier as a result of me "Oversseing" a battle).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rensei View Post
    For first encounter - keep him and Alette out of the battle OR take them with You, then choose shoot the dredge line.

    As for the "surprise, mothafucka!" moment (seems it cannot be avoided - the person joins in as unconditionally as it does what it does) - my guess is You need to have someone else in Your team by that time, to have him/her die instead of the boy (I'm assuming the Super Thrasher Bros, the married one has a "death note" where You read how his wife mourns him, but he died on me earlier as a result of me "Oversseing" a battle).
    I don't think so, because I had no fatalities up until that scene.

    However, because of what he says, I think the way to prevent that scene from taking place is to kill Ekkill and don't take on too many (or any) strangers after he joins.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopikatsu View Post
    I don't think so, because I had no fatalities up until that scene.

    However, because of what he says, I think the way to prevent that scene from taking place is to kill Ekkill and don't take on too many (or any) strangers after he joins.
    I took Ekkil as prisoner but killed him shortly after so it is probably not that. I did lose Falost. So I lacked him and Ekkil. It seemed like I had everyone else I could have but who knows for sure?
    Egil still got killed out of nowhere.

    Somewhat off topic. It is an incredibly disappointing scene. I had to make a lot of hard choices between renown and food and whether I had enough uninjured people to risk a hard fight or should I run away and get no renown? Felt like real organic choices. As well every death before that you either see coming and/or made sense and I was thinking well done Stoic well done.
    Then this scene is wham! straight out of left field with no build up at all. That is terrible writing. Sorry but it is. The Red Wedding wouldn't work if GRRM had done it like that. It was a natural culmination of Robb's poor choices. Here it is just scripted failure because DARK fantasy right? right?
    Last edited by Shady314; 01-16-2014 at 09:20 AM.

  14. #14
    Junior Member Esth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29
    Yeah I shot Ekkil in the face right away and still lost Egil.

  15. #15
    Backer Slimsy Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    368
    Lol there are soooo many ways for that boy to die
    #stonewallmuch?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady314 View Post
    I took Ekkil as prisoner but killed him shortly after so it is probably not that. I did lose Falost. So I lacked him and Ekkil. It seemed like I had everyone else I could have but who knows for sure?
    Egil still got killed out of nowhere.

    Somewhat off topic. It is an incredibly disappointing scene. I had to make a lot of hard choices between renown and food and whether I had enough uninjured people to risk a hard fight or should I run away and get no renown? Felt like real organic choices. As well every death before that you either see coming and/or made sense and I was thinking well done Stoic well done.
    Then this scene is wham! straight out of left field with no build up at all. That is terrible writing. Sorry but it is. The Red Wedding wouldn't work if GRRM had done it like that. It was a natural culmination of Robb's poor choices. Here it is just scripted failure because DARK fantasy right? right?
    If Ekkill is alive, what is the reason given for the mutiny? Because in my game, it was said it was because I kept Ekkill and let too many strangers join the caravan.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopikatsu View Post
    If Ekkill is alive, what is the reason given for the mutiny? Because in my game, it was said it was because I kept Ekkill and let too many strangers join the caravan.
    Sounds like it is the same minus complaining about Ekkil. He complains about the Varl/Iver and Eyvind specifically though he seems fine with the Skogr people.

  18. #18
    yeah this mutiny is kinda bullshit, feels like it comes out of nowhere

    plus the guys reasons are so dumb: dont trust strangers, like me! stab!
    not to mention my egil is much more level than the dofus who somehow kills him even though hes much weaker

    very annoying part of an otherwise good game

  19. #19
    Junior Member Grunkaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    So you can't avoid the mutiny? I try to keep everyone alive and has been untill the mutiny event (possible spoiler alert for what it's worth) And then Onef (Ekkill and Egil are alive too) launches into major hostile foreign immigration speech and then goes on a rampage. Can't i talk him out of it? Or did i miss some event further back (Me and Onef have been buddies during the entire thing)

  20. #20
    Junior Member 6u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7
    I must have done something much different than all of ya'll, Onef is the one that betrayed me and Ekkil ended up being a decent person. Nvm, think i just misunderstood some of the posts.
    Last edited by 6u5; 01-16-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •