Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Any way to save Egil?

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin82 View Post
    Haven't we covered this already?

Yup, I believe we have.
    Whoa there, buddy. Careful with the attitude. I wasn't trying to put you down or insult you - I just read a post containing a paragraph full of underlines, bolds, and ALL CAPSes that came off as a little condescending and negative toward anybody who didn't see what you saw. I was just pointing out why so few people would likely ever make that connection.

And you specifically asked about a way to get Ekkil without Onef in a thread devoted to how to keep Egil alive. That's why I assumed Egil's survival would matter in answering you. You didn't have to come back with such snark, man. It was totally unwarranted.

Well, I guess you must be able to avoid the mutiny if you don't allow the blighter into your caravan, but as I had my Rook tell Oddleif 'We're not like him' Did anyone lose people apart from Egil in that? I almost lost Oddleif, but Eyvind managed to save her. I think that I had pretty much everyone else that you could have in that particular caravan, minus Fasolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
    Well, I guess you must be able to avoid the mutiny if you don't allow the blighter into your caravan, but as I had my Rook tell Oddleif 'We're not like him' Did anyone lose people apart from Egil in that? I almost lost Oddleif, but Eyvind managed to save her. I think that I had pretty much everyone else that you could have in that particular caravan, minus Fasolt.
    I think it's scripted like that, Wordplay. I mean, only Egil perma-dies (if he's still around). Else, Oddleif is at fist assumed dead, but you later find out that Eyvind has saved her. I am not sure what happens if you lose the battle against Onef's "supporters"... Anyone tried that?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I mean Onef is called a backbiter for a reason. :P

you know what iritating? i just promoted onef and oddlief in sigrholm and now they are dead

backbiter/backstabber, i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by mindflare77 View Post
    So, Onef=mutiny, period? That... Seems really off. Everything else in the game so far has been great, and at least reasonable. But Onef flipping and deciding "lolno, I don't like strangers! Except you guys who've saved me so far!" and killing folks is just too out of the blue, especially for there to not be a way to counter it. The entire dialogue tree before it is irrelevant, it just happens? Not to mention, in-game, Onef is next to useless for me; I've never touched him, whereas Egil is Rank 4 and Odd is Rank 3... It just fails to make sense on any level. Even other choices where a character dies, I don't feel that I've been cheated out of it, but this one just leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

Edit: Also, why do I lose Egil's item? It's not like it was a running battle or anything, the poor kid's corpse is probably still right there..
    it happend to me with maimed iver too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4