Thread: Why is Hakon not a wardog?

Why is Hakon not a wardog?

Maybe this is a silly question, but from the promotional material (and the characters page on Stoic's website) I was expecting Hakon to be a Wardog. He even has the unit artwork for one (as far as we know). And yet when the game was released he's a Warmaster. Anyone know why this change was made? Can anyone confirm if the Wardog unit was removed from the game entirely? After playing Factions too much I was really looking forward to trying out new units like Wardog and Champion, and am disappointed by their absence.

there was info somewhere in the beginning of Chapter 1 that Hakon is Wardog, so I was actually surprised to see him being warmaster in combat
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

On the same theme (class confusion): At the end of the first bit, person P of class C dies. I thought it was my fault, then realized he wasn't even participating in the battle I just fought... now, I think maybe it still was my fault but I have no idea how it happened... (I've only just begun the Rook section so far.)

Indeed. I wanted Wardog & Champion too

At least, we get to see the WD's animation... Not saying anymore because you guys (franknarf at least) don't appreciate Spoilers
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I give you the much anticipated Wardoge.

'
    Last edited by Rymdkejsaren; 01-16-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    RK/Magnus on Twitch
    @thewritemagnus on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    On the same theme (class confusion): At the end of the first bit, person P of class C dies. I thought it was my fault, then realized he wasn't even participating in the battle I just fought... now, I think maybe it still was my fault but I have no idea how it happened... (I've only just begun the Rook section so far.)
    Yeah, I did the same thing. Got my characters mixed up, and thought that person P died because I had let him take too many hits in the combat. I was rather upset, as I imagine you were, and decided "Bah. I'm only a few fights and lots of tutorial clicks in... surely I can go right this mistake!" That's when I realized he wasn't even fighting.

Still, I got to see a little bit already of how some different dialogue choices with Eirik affect things.

I'm a few days into Rook's perspective, now, and thoroughly enjoying things.

chars_new.jpg

Pretty sure the Varl on the right is a Wardog. Those who have gotten to Boersgard may recognize him.

EDIT: Not sure why the pic is so tiny...anyway, click it to see it full size.
    Last edited by Lochlan; 01-16-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlan View Post
    chars_new.jpg

Pretty sure the Varl on the right is a Wardog. Those who have gotten to Boersgard may recognize him.

EDIT: Not sure why the pic is so tiny...anyway, click it to see it full size.
    I think that one is a Beserker, a new base-class Varl. The Wardog is a promoted Warrior Varl class.

And then there's the two menders (male and female), none of which made it into the Saga... Probably in "Part 2"?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

There's a male Mender in Saga. He calls lightning bolts and can repair armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rymdkejsaren View Post
    I give you the much anticipated Wardoge.

'
    haha, so amaze!