Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do not peek in here. Big spoilers! The effect of choices in your Saga.

I want to add that, if you dont help Eirik chapter one (with stalling them). He wont join you. + I think less warriors and supplies you get from strand.

Quote Originally Posted by illathid View Post
    Any progress being made on chapter 4?
    There should already be few walkthrough's online out there by now - if You really want to spoil Your experience go check them out. I know there is one in Polish that was ready up to chapter 5 one day before the release - if You guys want I might check it out and compare with Shady's research (and if it's a real deal, translate some).

The walkthroughs I had seen so far did not have events! That was why I started this and have not bothered talking about the battles and such or major plot developments. Id be more than happy to contribute this work to another more comprehensive walkthrough. I am getting pretty sick of the game actually. It is a little disappointing how Stoic have done their events. I hoped there would be harder choices to makes. But getting a Rank 5 item or not getting one is not a real choice.

Thanks for the info hreinnbeno! Was this your own experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Shady314 View Post
    It is a little disappointing how Stoic have done their events. I hoped there would be harder choices to makes. But getting a Rank 5 item or not getting one is not a real choice.
    I feel you, Shady. I hoped that most (if not all) the decisions would be like choosing between A or B (where A & B are de facto equivalent, like supplies or renown or population). It doesn't seem so... Actually, most decisions are like "good or bad?" (so there is a clearly correct answer, ruining the replay experience), which isn't really a choice, as you point out... Only a few of the decisions are balanced "at the spot" (e.g. you gain renown or item, lose supplies or population), whereas fewer still seem good at first but have a "delayed backfire" (e.g. the Onef/Ekkill thing).
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I had an event come up that you don't have listed after leaving Godstone Hadrborg. My Morale is Normal, if this helps narrowing it down. 471 Clansmen. 80 Fighters. 58 Varl.

The event is about the size of the Caravan and the different clansmen in it. The text mentions arguments over chickens going missing, daughter's virtues and stolen heirlooms. The fighters complain they are spread to thin to protect everyone.

The choices are:
    1) Carry on and put up with it.
    2)Try to address the major issues. (Most issues seem to be solved, seems like a middle ground option - no loss or gain of morale)
    3)Try to keep people useful and too busy for petty squabbles.
    4)Form a council to handle these problems. (Council fails over thankless work - no result, maybe lost morale?)
    5)Split the Caravan.

Tried to reload to find the other options but it gave me the Frozen child one instead.

Edit: This event popped up for me again in the sixth chapter while traveling. I had "missed" it in the fourth from reloading.
    Last edited by SevOrdo; 01-22-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Anybody knows if the last thing you choose in Frostvelr ending chapter 2 (Helping Ekkill, Not Helping Ekkill, Running) change anything when you start Chapter 4? I remember choosing to help him but at the start of chapter 4 I get attacked (this was by ending chapter 2 getting through the waterway... Now trying the same desicion buit getting in by tricking the caravan (and hopefully killing Onef and being able to get Ekkill later on)

Quote Originally Posted by angelcatano View Post
    Anybody knows if the last thing you choose in Frostvelr ending chapter 2 (Helping Ekkill, Not Helping Ekkill, Running) change anything when you start Chapter 4? I remember choosing to help him but at the start of chapter 4 I get attacked (this was by ending chapter 2 getting through the waterway... Now trying the same desicion buit getting in by tricking the caravan (and hopefully killing Onef and being able to get Ekkill later on)
    I am 99% certain you are always attacked by Ekkil's men though that is extremely unclear if you join with him at the end of Chapter 2. I did not get to test running though. I can tell you tricking the caravan won't change anything. If by tricking you mean ambushing the caravan which is how you kill Onef. If you take Onef's offer when you confront the caravan let me know how it plays out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady314 View Post
    I am 99% certain you are always attacked by Ekkil's men though that is extremely unclear if you join with him at the end of Chapter 2. I did not get to test running though. I can tell you tricking the caravan won't change anything. If by tricking you mean ambushing the caravan which is how you kill Onef. If you take Onef's offer when you confront the caravan let me know how it plays out for you.
    I barged through the doors immediately with Iver and then after the fight, left the courtyard took my chances outside. In Chapter 4, I ended up fighting a series of battles with Dredge (that increasingly pissed off Iver because I was helping people). I never saw Ekkil again since the first encounter with him. I obviously refused Onef though.

Hi, thank you for this. I am now on my second playthrough and have used this to make sure I don't miss anything.

I did a different route in Frostwell and it was really good. After getting inside the walls, I told Ekkil that I wanted to leave. At the beginning of chapter 4, I found myself battling dredge, and after three tough fights got a level 5 item that grants +1 will and +1 armor every turn.

Then as I was leaving Frostwell, Onef and gang catch up to me with a cart of supplies. I decided to attack him, since after my experience in the first playthrough, I really didn't want to have Onef in the gang. You also have the option to let Onef join at this point, which I assume will lead to the same results as usual. Unfortunately, I didn't get his cart of supplies as a reward. The fights were really hard (I am playing on hard difficulty), but I got a lot of renown and levels for my characters. Rook, Anette and Ivar all have enough experience for level 5, though I only leveled up Ivar that far. I would say that this is probably the best route because of the item, experience and the renown. However you have to spend a lot of the renown on food if you don't want people to die of hunger.

Also, it is a ten day march from Frostwell to the varl town plus any days you use for rest. This is important to know if you do the route I did, since you want to buy as few supplies in Frostwell as possible.

Just had an event early on in Chapter 6 where you face an overwhelming amount of Dredge. I chose to fight every time, despite Iver telling me to leave and the end result was a few very difficult battles. The outcome is that you are forced to avoid the horde of Dredge and go around them, you lose morale (I assume, since it states you have to earn back trust with the Caravan) and Hogun (if you have him, I guess?) takes a blow to the head and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by SevOrdo View Post
    I had an event come up that you don't have listed after leaving Godstone Hadrborg. My Morale is Normal, if this helps narrowing it down. 471 Clansmen. 80 Fighters. 58 Varl.

The event is about the size of the Caravan and the different clansmen in it. The text mentions arguments over chickens going missing, daughter's virtues and stolen heirlooms. The fighters complain they are spread to thin to protect everyone.

The choices are:
    2)Try to address the major issues. (Most issues seem to be solved, seems like a middle ground option - no loss or gain of morale)
    3)Try to keep people useful and too busy for petty squabbles.
    4)Form a council to handle these problems. (Council fails over thankless work - no result, maybe lost morale?)
    5)Split the Caravan.

Tried to reload to find the other options but it gave me the Frozen child one instead.

Edit: This event popped up for me again in the sixth chapter while traveling. I had "missed" it in the fourth from reloading.
    I got this event and picked option number 3. No morale loss and +15 supplies, but slight loss of time according to the text.

in the forest before Ridgehorn, I got the option to lurethem without fire, but Yrsa still lit the forest in fire, not sure if it's dependant on something else or not

also, after going up the tower, you can KO Ludin if he tries to go, needless to say, you won't have him in the next few battles

Shady,your walkthrough are very useful for me.I am waiting for your walkthrough chapter 5-7,i am very appreciate your work.

Sev0rdo, the issue with the event you brought up, I explored option 3:

The choices are:
    3)Try to keep people useful and too busy for petty squabbles. (+15 Supplies and a morale bonus. Text mentions the caravan slowing because of the work, but I didn't notice any hard effects in that regard.)
    5)Split the Caravan.

Surrounded in forest:
    1. Mogr?-
    1.a. Fight- Battle.
    1.b. Wait- Morale loss? More dredge?
    1.c. Lure- -10 Varl
    2. Wait- Same as Option 1.
    3. Ready!- Battle and apparently you surprise the Dredge.
    If Yrsa is with you then she will offer to set the woods on fire either as a distraction or trap. If you do either then you will lose her.
    There's something incomplete here. I used Yrsa to set the woods on fire as a distraction, it worked and I didn't lose her in 2 playthroughs. Gotta figure out why

edit: if you let her set fire on the woods as a distraction, it works and you don't lose her. If you refuse her, but decides to use the trees as a distraction WITHOUT fire, she goes on a pyromaniac rampage against orders and you lose not only her, but some varl
    Last edited by Gunga_din; 01-29-2014 at 01:23 AM. Reason: update

Any one tried to let Alette take the shot, have her equip Alette's Bracelet (made lovingly by a hunter's wife to protect her daughter) and have Egil alive to shoot Bellower? Damnig Egil!!! You promise you'd protect her you putz!

Something to add about Yrsa and the forest burning, if you choose "No, no fires!" She will get pissy and start the fire anyways.

In Chapter six you cross a wounded Varl.

1. Leave food and medicine - Varl joins you
    2. Ask him what`s up - scares you and runs away, nothing happens
    3. Forgot those options, sorry...

Interesting sidefact and I don`t know if it means anything: at the Godstone of Ingrid the midlestone has mirrorwriting on it saying something like:

....N AS...AS CAN...RECOUTED...KNOW THE...THINGS TO...BE TRUE T...T ALL MEN...ARE REPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN...

The other stones look like their written in mirror as well, but heads down, but haven`t tried that yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast