Thread: [Spoilers] Convincing Jorundr

[Spoilers] Convincing Jorundr

Has anyone yet discovered the major choices that allow one to convince Jorundr to destroy the bridge...? I've replayed the chapter with every possible choice/dialgoue, and cannot discover a way- thus the decision that makes it possible must have been in an earlier chapter. I'm on my third playthrough already, trying to keep the maximum number of party members alive; killing Fasolt to destroy the bridge feels like a failure. Thanks for any comments...!

I went with:

Battling on the bridge 2 days, on the third day, I went to destroy the bridge, but didn't go through it... You fight a group of Dredge first, then Eyvndir or whatever mender name is starts destroying the bridge and you have the option to fight the Varl (should've gone with it, would've been fun... in fact, might reload that part of the game just to try it) but yes, ramble asside, I ended taking Fasolt out of Einartoft (but he disapeared after Håkon's party arrived in Boesgård, maybe I missed a conversation or something where he died? think he was with my party when we fought the dredge before hakon enters)

There is only one way of getting the aproval for destroying the bridge:

-Go talk to the Varl king, (i think what you say dont really matters but just to be certain tell him that "nevermind, sorry for wasting your time") He tells you he will appreciate if you lend a hand on the bridge!

-Go fight in the bridge (you don't even need to fight the first 2 days, you can help by healing the wounded or removing corpses then fight the 3rd day, however some heroes might die if you do not fight the 3 times) The 3rd day, Iver joins you, after the fight is done, he says he "got enough of this bulshit" and goes to talk to the Varl King, after some chit chat, you get the approval to destroy the bridge + half the varls join you when you leave(this is bugged, the varls + fighters do not actually join/add to your caravan)
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Seen one playthrough were you fight on the bridge 3 days, the third fight Fasolt dies, Iver joins you, get's fed up, forces the king to agree and you get half the varl population defects to your caravan.

I suppose Fasolt just won't make it, then- too bad. But thank you! I appreciate it- I fought on the bridge for two days, then decided it was just getting me nowhere and wasting supplies. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    There is only one way of getting the aproval for destroying the bridge...
    I did this and got the bug were my varl number didn't increase but I did not get the Diplomat achievement.

I got the Diplomat achievement only after the final battle.

Rensei is right. You do not get the achievement till you beat the game. I guess Stoic didn't want people getting the achievement then reloading to save Fasolt.

Also got it after finishing the game. I am almost certain i did not fight three times. Day one i helped the wounded. I think the other two i fought.

What do you get for helping the wounded? I fought every day to get kills/renown.

Quote Originally Posted by Leartes View Post
    What do you get for helping the wounded? I fought every day to get kills/renown.
    If i remember right, you get nothing(so only do it if your heroes are injured)

Spoiler:
    2nd day, if you pick up the bodies in stead of fight, Egil dies!

EDIT:

I don't know how to prevent Fasolt from dying:

*1st day, helped the wounded
    *2nd day, picked up bodies, Egil died automatically, reloaded, fought 2nd day as well
    *3rd day Fasolt dies automatically, Iver joined, got permission to destroy bridge

So i can only imagine that by fighting the 3 days you can save him, however am not 100 sure.
    Last edited by Yellow; 01-18-2014 at 10:00 AM.

So i can only imagine that by fighting the 3 days you can save him, however am not 100 sure.
    I just tried fighting all three days, and Fasolt dies on the third day regardless.

There is only one way of getting the aproval for destroying the bridge:

-Go talk to the Varl king, (i think what you say dont really matters but just to be certain tell him that "nevermind, sorry for wasting your time") He tells you he will appreciate if you lend a hand on the bridge!

-Go fight in the bridge (you don't even need to fight the first 2 days, you can help by healing the wounded or removing corpses then fight the 3rd day, however some heroes might die if you do not fight the 3 times) The 3rd day, Iver joins you, after the fight is done, he says he "got enough of this bulshit" and goes to talk to the Varl King, after some chit chat, you get the approval to destroy the bridge + half the varls join you when you leave(this is bugged, the varls + fighters do not actually join/add to your caravan)
    that's what I did, just like illathid says, Fasolt doesn't make it no matter what, seems like.

i didn't know that mister glass Egil can die as well if one picks a clean up duty! this boy is FRAGILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Senta View Post

i didn't know that mister glass Egil can die as well if one picks a clean up duty! this boy is FRAGILE!
    He does not dies picking up bodies exactly :P , but choosing that action leads to a chain of events that gets him killed...

Quote Originally Posted by illathid View Post
    I just tried fighting all three days, and Fasolt dies on the third day regardless.
    I am certain there has to be some hidden way that allows us to save him, no other dead of a hero so far, is scripted to happen no matter what, so it would surprise me if this one is...
    Last edited by Yellow; 01-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Semi OT but regarding this stage of the game, has anyone fought for two days and then destroy the bridge on the 3rd? I know you won't get the achievement for convincing the stubborn old goat to destroy the bridge, but I'm curious if it has any unique outcomes.

Worst case scenario it looks like a great Renown farm. It would be four rounds of battles. On Hard that is about 44-48 Renown.

On my first play I just destroyed it off the bat and this time around I did 3 days of defense.

you can sava Fasolt by fighting the first day and destroying the brigde the second day and when confronted by him chose to surrender...tho the Varl king will dissolve the alliance with men...Fasolt doenst day but i wonder if in chapter 2 we will need the alliance with the Varl,we do have a major Varl hero in Iver and the next Varl King in Hokun tho