Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Quality of Life Improvements I'd Love to See

Quality of Life Improvements I'd Love to See

These are my simple improvements I'd love to see to bypass some of the tedium in the current game:

1. Being able to see the grid at the unit deployment screen (counting and guessing how many tiles are between the enemies and my front units is a frequent and cumbersome process)
    2. The ability to view a unit's stats at the unit selection screen prior to battle
    3. Feedback on how much morale will be gained from resting

Some little things that just bug me [CAUTION SPOILERS]:

A. Duplicate items (each has their unique flavor text and individual names, and it really seems awkward within that structure to come across the same item twice)
    B. Fuzzyness regarding who is available to use in your party (this is especially troublesome at Einartorft (Iver seeming leaves and joins without much feedback to the player), Boersgard (when Hakon rejoins its not clear who is along with him), and after the "betrayal" where a lot of characters are in flux
    B. This is probably my biggest quirk in the entire game: when Onef betrays the caravan the text explicitly states Egil and Oddleif are dead. It says they are "dead". When you read through that, you comprehend it as they are dead. Then two seconds later the game tells us [paraphrasing] "Oddleif is not dead". Please please please change that language - it simply doesn't work in written text. They can look like they are dead, they can appear dead, but they can't be dead - then shortly thereafter not dead.

Cheers!

Still enjoying the heck out of this game. Just finishing play through # 4 tonight

I whole-heartedly endorse 1-3, and would like to add:

4. Allow the tutorial to be skipped. Or at least the messages. It's quite tedious to step through the whole non-interactive sequence.
    5. The ability to dismiss Juno's dialogue bubbles during the final battle. Waiting for them to go away so you can see and/or interact with squares underneath them is very annoying.

I would suggest keeping suggestion/issues/bugs reporting in the designated threads, so that it's more easily accessible by the devs, in case they wanna check in. On the other hand, multiple threads could help to "highlight" the most important (in our humble opinion) issues, whereas single posts are more easily buried...

We could use the two Sticky-ones, in the Longhouse forum:

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?2015-Banner-Saga-Bug-Report-Thread (Bugs)
    https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...Early-Feedback (Suggestions/Feedback)

As the devs rarely post here/there, I guess they either know what to address or they take this information filtered through "community managers" (e.g. raven ).
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    heh it's not easy to track. Remember there's feed from social media and the steamboards also

Everyone can do their part by consolidating the feedback so it gets spotted