Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: King of Dragon pass spiritual successor?

Question King of Dragon pass spiritual successor?

Hello everyone,

First of, let me thank Gamespot.com for actually giving information about a game that might hold promise to be both fun and challenging to play.

Now, to the topic at hand - a long, long time ago I played a game named King of Dragon pass that was also quite influenced by Norse mythology. It had various deities, which had temples and shrines you could erect in your small village. It had a council of elders which you could appoint yourself among a pool of available people. The most important aspect was that it was heavily story-driven and yet at the same time - quite non-linear in how you play it.

Do you plan some kind of that level of interaction with your town/village in the game? Not to mention with the gods and doing rituals and quests that might or might not appease them?

That game was just too good to pass on and you actually had to think in advance to draw your strategy for the next couple of turns. Naturally, it did not have any tactical gamescape because of the heavy focus on story.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Great questions, thanks. We've mentioned a few times that The Banner Saga will be a bit like a traveling version of the King of Dragon Pass. Picture a moving town, i.e. a caravan, moving through a landscape while you're making decisions about your clan. You don't control everyone in your caravan, they each have their own agendas, hopes and fears and it's up to you to take them through this dark time with wise council and, when needed, bold action.

Concerning such things as rituals to gods, remember that during the time period the game takes place the gods are dead. Everyone knows this. A version of "Ragnarok" has already taken place and your grandfathers were there to see it. They saw the gods die. Now mankind is on its own and a great shift is taking place once again on the earth...is this mans time to be destroyed? How will you respond when the fate of an entire clan is on your shoulders with death nipping at your heels?
    Last edited by Sean; 09-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.

this game is looking great.
    Last edited by Bjarki; 02-27-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Hmm. I've had King of Dragon Pass on my gog.com wishlist since they released it there. Maybe I should finally bite the bullet and just buy it? It's only six bucks I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbone78 View Post
    Hmm. I've had King of Dragon Pass on my gog.com wishlist since they released it there. Maybe I should finally bite the bullet and just buy it? It's only six bucks I believe.
    I believe I'll do that too. Gotta play something to kill my thirst to story untill TBS single player is released!

About TBS - yes, it has so much potential, and after you play factions you are sure those guys are extremely talented, so there's no reason to turn down hype to avoid the usual disappointment - it's just a matter of time till something amazing emerges
    Alea Jacta Est

Banner by StandSure - thanks a lot!

Well, that didn't take long. King of Dragon Pass and a few other strategy games are on sale this weekend at gog.com.

Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

have any tactical gamescape because of the heavy focus on story.
    จีคลับ