Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Renown System

HE has spoken! May we put the discussion on hold for now, until further announcements and details become clear? The concerns have been aired and we can revisit them once we see and know more .

THANKS Arnie!

Prices and renown gained are now very reasonable. All the changes made are fantastic. Add in achievements and free tweaking of stats and no you've made a system no one should be upset about. No need to purchase anything, but if you choose to, the prices are fair. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
    Prices and renown gained are now very reasonable. All the changes made are fantastic. Add in achievements and free tweaking of stats and no you've made a system no one should be upset about. No need to purchase anything, but if you choose to, the prices are fair. Well done!
    Absolutely. Now I fear renown gain might even be too fast (nah, not really)

Just found this topic. I am a backer, but only found time to start playing a few days ago. I hadn't been following too closely on the updates and the freemium model took me by surprise. I understand what Stoic is going for, but I can't help but feel a bit cheated. I love the game so far, so I will try to make my criticism as constructive as possible.
    First off, I think the renown system is cool in the sense that is just xp to advance your characters. That being said I believe the renwon gain/progress ratio is a bit too slow. I wanna experiment with different builds, but really can't at a decent pace. I mean getting one rank 1 character is not too hard, but if I want to experiment with 4 thrasher or 4 backbiters, that some serious gaming time. I think it would be beneficial and not too hard to be able to switch classes for some renown. This is especially true for rank 2 and above. At 150 renown promotion you need a LOT of gaming time to get a full rank 2 team.
    Also, I find the pricing to be... exorbitant. I mean paying 4$ per character for color changing, not gonna happen for me. If it were $5 for all of the characters, mayhaps. $30 for renown, $20 for 3 extra renown per battle... just wow. Then again I have no idea how this pricing was set, and from a development standpoint I would love to know just how many of these things you've sold, how you reached that idea of pricing... etc. At least in the backer forums.
    I want to emphasize, I love the game, this is just my opinion and I know I haven't got to pay for any of this stuff if I don't want to. I also don't wanna sound like an entitled shithead, but I would have assumed and this little extras would be included for backers (at least the costumes, and perhaps a better renown gain), or at least have a generous discount.
    In any case, keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying the game and someday I'll be able to toy around with the different setups I have in mind. And the campaign. Can't wait for the campaign. You can pretty much take my money already for chapters 2 and 3.
    Last edited by txitxo; 03-12-2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Typos/a sentence made no sense :D

I agree. I like the renown system as is, but to get a rank 2 team is just too expensive. 40 renown for rank 1 and 150 renown for rank 2 is just too much of a jump!

I have to ask, why is this in the Longhouse section of the forum? This is hardly a creative work.

EDIT: I confused the Longhouse with the Meadhall like an idiot. Ignore this post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3