Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Mysteries and Unresolved plots List!

Are they?

In Saga2, it is inferred that Tryggvi is actually a Kragsman.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Well, looking in details they are somewhat similar, but not really similar. Who knows.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

digging in the string.json files, i found a couple of maybe "hint" on possibile/unfinished character or maybe are them just the same 'ol heroes translated in other languages?

Anyway:

"Dusi"
    "Finnr"
    "Hadr"
    "Knutt" (Maybe the Bear of the Bearlord in the last battle in Arberrang, King side?)
    "Yrsula"

Am i missing something?
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

• Dusi --> The Mender Council "president" who gets attacked by Juno/Eyvind/Iver in Chapter 15.
    • Finnr --> I think this was the original name for the character that eventually became Dytch. His face was also different, that of an older man.
    • Hadr --> Is the leader of the remaining human defenders at Old Ford, met by the Ravens in Chapter 13.
    • Knutt --> ? (Not to be confused with Kvig, also known as the "Last One" was the last Varl made, making him the youngest, who was rescued from Einartoft sacking by Fasolt)
    • Yrsula --> Maybe the full (or original) name of Yrsa?

I don't know if these were all intended to be normal heroes (usable in combat) and got dumped...
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 12-06-2016 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Knutt vs Kvig

Couldn't Finnr also be the man Sparr was referring to at the Irynx godstone?

Indeed. Here's the excerpt:

[Sparr] "We'd run a job for a man - Fefr or Finnr... Faener more like," he says, spitting at the memory. "He set us up to take the fall for some of his other deals gone bad. We got surrounded here and this bear of a varl loses his mind. Grabs a tree - a whole tree! - and starts swinging!"
    I'll have to look at my archive at home to recover the portrait of that would-be-Dytch, and this name.

Ha! I should have known that the Skald (our lovely moderator) could answer my questions! Anyway i remember that the last varl done was named "Kvig".

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    Anyway i remember that the last varl done was named "Kvig".
    Oops, I stand corrected. Again! (editing my post above)

So... apparently Juno and Eyvind destroyed the world. Possibly by trying to become Gods. And somehow betrayed Bellower along the way.
    Anyone else dying to find out what really happened?

Hahaha! You know it!!

Personally, the "Mysteries" that interest me more are all the untold stories of Krumr. I am keeping him alive just because he always says "One day i will tell you of that time that I...", and because i love him, of course.

Personally, the "Mysteries" that interest me more are all the untold stories of Krumr. I am keeping him alive just because he always says "One day i will tell you of that time that I...", and because i love him, of course.
    Oh yeah, Krumr has some of the best random stories. I admit, I wouldn't mind hearing more about a lot of the minor characters.

Do you think that Krumr's stories are made up (you know how old people tend to "invent" stories) or did he actually experience them? Also, I was a bit sad to see Ubin take off with those Horseborn. Do you think we've seen the last of him?

Personally I prefer to believe that Krumr's stories are 100% true. And I still want to know why he filled a whale with yox teeth.

I also can't believe we've seen the last of Ubin yet.

Yeh, i also believe in Krumr's stories and i am pretty sure Ubin will have and important role in Saga 3. At least i hope so.

As expressed elsewhere, i would love DLCs (or maybe just a part of BS3!) in which Ubin told stories of the old days and you could have short caravan/battle flashbacks, maybe in a black&white/Sepia palette.

All the things that the scrivener has written till now should be put at good use

For example, Ubin telling stories to the young horseborns, while travel(l)ing with them. How he took part in the first wars, how Karl the varl ( ) ended up in the lake in a battle when he was a youngster or similar things.

It would be also nice if at a certain point (for example before a great announced battle) different players would tell part of their story around a campfire in the same way (of how Hakon arrived to Boersgard, one or more of Krumr's stories, something completely loony and criptic by Tryggvi or a bit of madness from Ekkill or whatever.

Maybe they could read their banners!

There is so much lore that could be "played".

Yeh, i also believe in Krumr's stories and i am pretty sure Ubin will have and important role in Saga 3. At least i hope so.

As expressed elsewhere, i would love DLCs (or maybe just a part of BS3!) in which Ubin told stories of the old days and you could have short caravan/battle flashbacks, maybe in a black&white/Sepia palette.

All the things that the scrivener has written till now should be put at good use

For example, Ubin telling stories to the young horseborns, while travel(l)ing with them. How he took part in the first wars, how Karl the varl ( ) ended up in the lake in a battle when he was a youngster or similar things.

It would be also nice if at a certain point (for example before a great announced battle) different players would tell part of their story around a campfire in the same way (of how Hakon arrived to Boersgard, one or more of Krumr's stories, something completely loony and criptic by Tryggvi or a bit of madness from Ekkill or whatever.

Maybe they could read their banners!

There is so much lore that could be "played".
    Oh my God. You have just given me the ultimate Banner Saga wish list. That would all be amazing. And I always want to hear more from the side characters. I've gotten really attached to most of them from just a few scattered conversations.

Sincerly, not overanalazying (and it's not easy for me):

1. With Saga 2 talents, classes and items variation, the "Combat" is fine, while it could became a bit boring in the second half of first game. A plus could be being able to "respec" the characters to try different approaches to every battles, but it's really a minor thing. Let's just say the actual recipe works.

2. Art style and Music have always been awesome (more polishing is always nice, but i promised to not overanalyze).

3. Starving and caravan management are still shallow and also wars needs a lot more tuning. They lack "a purpose". The situation is better in Saga2 than Saga1, but not enough, in my opinion.

But what i would REALLY like to see, are more stories, more text, more funny dialogues, more Tryggvi, more lore, more icelandic speaks (like the Raider Chieftain of the first game) more complex cities events (like Boersgard, that it's not perfect, but it's really interesting) and less "filler" villages with nothing to offer apart a market and two line of dialogues.

...tell part of their story around a campfire...
    Alas, this type of campfire happiness requires cozy darkness (e.g. a star-lit night), but the Darkness that is approaching ain't nothing but cozy it seems

There is so much lore that could be "played"
    I'll drink to that! I wish that Stoic would make narration by scripted in-battle events easier-to-mod and more elaborate. Have you tried adding any new content on that basis? You know, somewhat like the Vedrfell fight in Chapter 1, or the chasm fights in Chapter 8.

...what i would REALLY like to see, are more stories, more text, more funny dialogues, more Tryggvi, more lore, more icelandic...
    Same here, as Ratatoskr would say On this front, I think that Stoic might have put an upper limit on the text-size of their game, in order for it to be affordable for translation/localization.

Does anyone think that the godstone in the Old Wood looks almost exactly like that weird guy in the village without a name? Just saying...

Yes, quite close, but I wouldn't call it "exactly"... Godstone Geirrağr vs. Mads Mikkelsen

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast