Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Mysteries and Unresolved plots List!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Rosenberg View Post
    This is probably just the effect of 2d graphics. The same thing occurs in Street Fighter 3d Strike with Oro. =)
    Yeah, I know, but that doesn't answer the question
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    Yeah, I know, but that doesn't answer the question
    Hahaha yeah, you're right. Well, it SHOULD be the left arm, as it was the shield arm. You can see it clearly when he falls after the attack from Bellower. If at any point he appeared missing the right arm that would probably be a bug and it wouldn't be a bad idea to warn the devs =) (I personaly didn't notice)

Hahaha yeah, you're right. Well, it SHOULD be the left arm, as it was the shield arm. You can see it clearly when he falls after the attack from Bellower. If at any point he appeared missing the right arm that would probably be a bug and it wouldn't be a bad idea to warn the devs =) (I personaly didn't notice)
    When in the battle - his top-left/bottom-left direction animations are mirrored to top-right/bottom-right (as is with any other character). The most noticeable feature about this is how Warhawk spins his Tempest - you can see him doing it either clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on where he is directed (but target selection for Tempest is always clockwise).

Also some dialogue portraits are mirrored to show a character facing different directions
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    When in the battle - his top-left/bottom-left direction animations are mirrored to top-right/bottom-right (as is with any other character). The most noticeable feature about this is how Warhawk spins his Tempest - you can see him doing it either clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on where he is directed (but target selection for Tempest is always clockwise).

Also some dialogue portraits are mirrored to show a character facing different directions
    Exactly, just a problem with how 2D games reuse mirrored sprites =)

Regarding the horseborne: there's some concept art and info on them here: https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...nown-Unit-Info

The guys at Stoic have said we can expect to encounter them in chapter 2!

Great find! I didn't know about this concept art!

Ah, nice to see some conept art for the Horseborn looks nice, and yes! completely forgot about the Berzerker in Boersgård, Wonder if chapter 2 will start at the same time the boats are ready, and if you'll follow another band's movement (we used to have two groups in Chapter 1, but they are together by the end).

I do have one question about the plot...what on earth is with the dream that Hakon and Mogr have? you know the one with the birds?

I am hoping questions will be answered in a sequel...

I have another question!! What in fæn happens before Ridgehorn? There's a weird event where you stop after the caravan demands a stop (didn't matter I just stopped for 5 days to recover :P) ...
    (yes, i'm writing this as the event just happened to me on my current run)
    Mogr leans by a tree, fiddling with a crust of bread... he says "we shold follow those birds (ravens on top of ridgehorn"... then, no mater what you chose, the text reads about him running towards the birds, tumbling over the cliff. He starts gliding through the air flapping his arms. he swoops towards ridgehorn and bursts into flames, plummets towards (Ridgehorn) tower, which then crumbles...

Fade out and you are being awoken in a set up camp, and then Mogr ask you if you saw what happened..." you both agree to keep it to yourselves"

this is a very weird event, is it foreshadowing? did the devs forgot to add something else? D:

Quote Originally Posted by angelcatano View Post
    I have another question!! What in fæn happens before Ridgehorn? There's a weird event where you stop after the caravan demands a stop (didn't matter I just stopped for 5 days to recover :P) ...
    Mogr leans by a tree, fiddling with a crust of bread... he says "we shold follow those birds (ravens on top of ridgehorn"... then, no mater what you chose, the text reads about him running towards the birds, tumbling over the cliff. He starts gliding through the air flapping his arms. he swoops towards ridgehorn and bursts into flames, plummets towards (Ridgehorn) tower, which then crumbles...

Fade out and you are being awoken in a set up camp, and then Mogr ask you if you saw what happened..." you both agree to keep it to yourselves"

this is a very weird event, is it foreshadowing? did the devs forgot to add something else? D:
    Indeed! I completly forgot about this. It was so weird. I wasn't expecting any kind of illusions in the game up until that point and magic does not seem to be so common in the bannerworld. Will add!

When this happened I was still thinking of what Yrsa said, "Be careful... I'm a witch." I kind of figured she was toying with Hakon, but after that I started to think she and Ludin's varl bodyguard (the name escapes me) were planning something sinister. When you're in the forest surrounded by dread, it's possible for her to go missing -- but I don't think she died. I don't trust them, and it's definitely one of the things I'm hoping to see resolved in Book 2.

Indeed! I completly forgot about this. It was so weird. I wasn't expecting any kind of illusions in the game up until that point and magic does not seem to be so common in the bannerworld. Will add!
    Try telling Fasolt to forget about Ridgehorn after that dream. You'll see more stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlan View Post
    Try telling Fasolt to forget about Ridgehorn after that dream. You'll see more stuff like that.
    Yes, that is also very interesting "Let's go to Ridgeheim..." "Ridge....horn"... and him feeling like in a dream at that point. Interesting, mayhaps it was the Mender's trying to get some help?

also, probably a bit Off Topik: Never quite noticed that Dredge Grunts Carry what appears to be frying pans on their backpacks :P
    Last edited by angelcatano; 01-23-2014 at 02:22 AM.

To me it became quite obvious what happend to the sun the moment Alette's body floated into the darkness. The sun has not stopped, the planet has! Or at least slowed down, that explains why the days seem to not end and why there is a creeping darkness.

Since the place is already cold even when in sunlight for long the side of the planet thats away from the sun must be to cold to sustain life and forces the dregde to flee south. This is most likly to be linked with "the death of the gods" i think, but since the darkness is spreding it means that the planet has not completly stoped either, which also hints at that some gods might still be alive or sleeping somewhere.

When collecting the silver ore it is said that the gods killed themselves, maybe they did it to stop the planet/sun and prevent the worm to eat it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlan View Post
    Can you elaborate on that Lochlan? I can't remember if you can refuse to go to Ridgehorn and what happens if you do? You get more dream-like sequences? Then that seems really to imply that Juno was messing with the minds of the Varl (even in death?) to get them to save Eyvind and her.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EmblaWinterblade View Post
    To me it became quite obvious what happend to the sun the moment Alette's body floated into the darkness. The sun has not stopped, the planet has! Or at least slowed down, that explains why the days seem to not end and why there is a creeping darkness.

Since the place is already cold even when in sunlight for long the side of the planet thats away from the sun must be to cold to sustain life and forces the dregde to flee south. This is most likly to be linked with "the death of the gods" i think, but since the darkness is spreding it means that the planet has not completly stoped either, which also hints at that some gods might still be alive or sleeping somewhere.

When collecting the silver ore it is said that the gods killed themselves, maybe they did it to stop the planet/sun and prevent the worm to eat it all?
    That is a very good theory EmblaWinterblade. I was also very puzzled by the moon at the end but I have my doubts that place was the darkness that is approaching. It looked more outerwordly than that. =)

Quote Originally Posted by EmblaWinterblade View Post

This is a good theory, i give you that
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

My take on the snake:
    It is a mix of Nidhöggr and Apep. Nidhöggr eats the world because he gnaws at the roots of the world tree whereas the egyptian Apep snake swallows the sun every night.
    Because the sun has stopped moving it has basically lost its meaning and can't fulfill its duties. It says it cannot destroy (eat?) the world because of the darkness. If the sun is constantly up on one side of the planet, of course the other side is in eternal darkness.
    The sun god is also described as being sometimes seen as a giant serpent. So the serpent may be a vassal/avatar of the sun god and now that the gods are dead/silent/asleep and the sun has stopped it basically has an existential crisis ;P

One thing I wonder about: With the sun no longer moving, why is it still winter? Is it just because we are in the zone with a flat enough angle so the snow doesn't smelt? In that case the area near the equator would be scorched, meaning the heroes might run straight into other caravans fleeing from the drought/heat. Possibly the horseborn?
    So they might still have to fight for their lives once the Dredge stop (assuming they stop in a "moderate climate zone"). They also will be just one caravan of many different ones, people fleeing not just from the north but also from the south and pressing into bearable climate zones (Arberrang?).

Gandalf and Eyvind find themselves in a very delicate situation in Ridgehorn. Gandalf searches for help and finds Hakon and his caravan. The Grey Wizard himself tells Rook in one of the late chapters of the story that one of his powers is influencing the mind of others, and so he did. He chose ravens for very pagan reasons, just look at his picture.

oh i meant Juno, don't know how that happened ...

I interpreted this as the Menders way of drawing your party towards them - Juno was a master of mind control, and Hakon is compelled to head towards them regardless of where he actually wants to go...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast